UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

A 2ft line? Is that a liberty he took or an actual thing on the line? I'm sorry if that sounds mean, I genuinely don't know.

Regardless, excellent screenshots everyone! Always enjoy seeing them!

Hi both,

The 2ft line has always been there - it actually predated the standard gauge line - but the scene depicted is the Purbeck Mineral and Mining Museum.

It's an excellent little mine, and well worth a visit if you ever get the chance. I've never been on a train there as they only run on selected days through the year but it's an interesting little venture that details Purbeck's rich mining history.

Cheers,

PLP

Last edited:
PLP I like the pic of the Vintage Vehicle & Traction engine rally with the Bulleid Pacific passing by on the Swanage Railway. A bit different & a great scene also.

Thanks @tailight98, it's from my new session Classic Transport Rally but I'm having a devil of a time trying to get the thing to work properly. Otherwise the session is complete and ready to go, so once I figure out what I've done wrong it'll be on its way to the DLS!

Some from today; Swanage has gained a new station building:
ssro8Qz.jpg

Yll8YVK.jpg

xPAKTq3.jpg

FeHItXQ.jpg

B76Jt9L.jpg

This was an absolute nightmare to do! Still a few bits to finish off, mainly playing around with textures and colourings but I'm pretty happy with it overall.

Cheers,

PLP

The Swanage station looks very impressive from the front entrance & also platform. When I look at Swanage on Webcam I see buses & wonder if the Station is a terminus or do they just turn round there. Also this time of year the bulbs in flower on the grass banking opposite the platform always look nice.

Thanks all, I've been tinkering around with the textures as the roof was the wrong colour and the stonework was too repetitive and I think I'm now at a point where I'm pretty much happy with it for release.

0Y8dtLX.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

PLP you will never get the textures on the station exactly right as there is too much randomness in how it was constructed in the first place. But you have done a mighty fine job of getting near the mark so well done.

Thanks for the kind words Steviez, I'm relatively happy with how this has turned out and I'm going to now update Corfe with the same textures.

Excellent screenshots Evilcrow - the Woodhead route is, not being Southern, something usually outside my area of interest but I have to confess I've read up on it somewhat over the past year or so and have a soft spot for it. A full length version in Trainz would be very good to see, a future project perhaps?

Cheers,

PLP

Hello all,
Many thanks for the kind compliments,
What you see is an old TANE personal route that hopefully I can bring up to TRAINZ+ standards (env-metal TGA is your friend).
It's needs a lot of IMEditor, Paint.Net and PevSoft tools.
As for the old "sparkies" I remember the old Tri-ang models in OO. Also had some haulage by both classes in Holland and here.
Sad to think most of the Woodhead route is long gone as well most of the GCR.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

Very nice screenshots, Ken! Never been too interested in Woodhead, but looks like I might do some research on it now…

Back