UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Post #2802 - Excellent Screenshots Neville! I'd recognize that GWR 4-6-0 anywhere! Wonderful weathering job you've done on it too! :)

I'm curious about the second picture though. What tank engine is the one you have idling outside the station there? Is that a Jinty? It's too far away for me to tell.

Well, Camscott finally completed the last locomotive in my commission list - The LBSCR N15X Class!!

And wow...

3YJMDJo.jpg
[/IMG]

XdFt5Al.jpg
[/IMG]

GvHJ4Xf.jpg
[/IMG]

PLNbGhG.jpg
[/IMG]

I am really speechless about how impressive this model is. The textures shine excellently and the detail is exquisite. Although the engines were allocated at Basingstoke for most of their working lives, No. 32329 Stephenson made regular trips to Brighton taking charge of the expresses to and from Basingstoke. It was there often enough that it basically had a second home at Brighton and that makes it a perfect addition to the sheds! :)

One of the best parts of the model is the interchangeable nameplates. All 8 named locomotives are included in the model and are completely fantastic in terms of detail and display. Camscott worked really hard on these nameplates so I really wanted to thank him for all his hard work.

ZYWNprW.jpg
[/IMG]

aAqqexR.jpg
[/IMG]

Camscott also made the N15X in SR Bulleid Livery. It's a really nice detailed livery, perfect for Grouping-Era layouts!

With the N15X Class completed that wraps up my LBSCR locomotive commission! They sure look a fine sight indeed!

pE1jJP6.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks bolivar, Tanker46.
Tanker; in answer to your question the station pilot in the screenshot is a weathered Paulz Trainz J71, further messed about by me. I particularly like some of his small tanks - the weathered N10 is also nice.
Congratulations to you and camscott on completing your SR project. That's quite a collection. There's some more of his handiwork included below:
lE5ijLy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
1gsbvJH.jpg
[/IMG]

Borderreiver, Lewisner, great screenies there, my ECML version is dated cica 1960 following the quadrupling of York - Northallerton in its entirety, intermediate stations were by then closed to passengers but some goods facilities were retained.

Our layout versions all differ which will give the trainzers a good overall picture of ECML history plus the connecting lines & industry. In my case I am extending as far as the unused baseboards will carry me, Northwards to Benton jnc & Tyne Commision Quay. Tyne Yard is back to construction stage only but I will be adding the Team Valley Industrial Estate. Aycliffe industrial Estate is also on the cards along with S & D Xing, Darlo, to Paton & Baldwins Factory to the East. Also featured will be the many pit heaps Co Durham once boasted, Durham County Council coudn`t eliminate them fast enough, (`oh no our image` the councillors will say), but I`ll be wicked here & bring them back right onto peoples destops LOL!

If I ever get South of Doncaster then it will be the Hertford loop & possibly the Grantham - Lincoln via Honnigton route - both being good diversion opportunities. Hope time permits.

Regards

BOGIEMAN

Thanks Bogieman.

I have been busy working at Leamside station. A "T" Class 0-8-0 with a load of coal is the first train through the station following the engineering posession.

Last edited:
Looking fantastic guys. With reference to your ECML routes, will there be work on branching it outwards pun intended? Say from York? A Harrogate line to Leeds could be interesting to model.

I have already branched out. I have begun to merge my personal route of the lines to Consett in to the section of the built-in ECML route which runs through County Durham. There are several reasons why this will remain a personal route, not least the amount of personally commissioned payware which is in it. I have also branched out on my DEM route between Morpeth and Alnmouth, by building the Amble branch. There possibly will come a time when I may release that on to the DLS, if two more iterations of Trainz haven't overtaken it in the meantime! Taking a year and more each time Trainz updates to sort out asset issues is a real drag on progressing routes. An acquaintance of mine is building York to Harrogate, set in 1912, but to the best of my knowledge that will remain a personal route too. The only thing I have simmering away for Yorkshire is a 1980s route between Selby and Drax Power Station via Gascoigne Wood, Castleford, Pontefract and Knottingley. This was inspired by someone wanting to run MGR trains with HAA 32 Ton hoppers behind Class 56 diesels. I have laid the track but so far have found it impossible to load and unload an MGR train at a crawl with what I have found on the DLS. In any event, about 80% of the trackwork is laid but there is an absolutely colossal amount of scenery and landscape textures remaining to put in place and I have currently lost all momentum on it.

Last edited:
Brilliant screenshots Neville Hill, - always a joy to see.

And congratulations from me too Tanker on having the last member of your commision series arrive to take up its duties. I was going to ask Cameron to make another Broad Gauge engine for me, but I had to get the roof on my house fixed instead. Real life can be so boring.

Borderreiver and lewisner, - it's interesting to read that so much work is being done on recreating the ECML and surrounding lines, but a little sad too that this work can't be shared.

Last edited:
Thanks Annie.
As a footnote to the discussion on ECML branches, if anyone does get around to the York to Leeds line then 'Cross Gates' which is on the Dearnby and District v2 layout is actually a model of Cross Gates station on that line. You're welcome to lift it!

Borderreiver, Lewisner, great screenies there, my ECML version is dated cica 1960 following the quadrupling of York - Northallerton in its entirety, intermediate stations were by then closed to passengers but some goods facilities were retained.

Our layout versions all differ which will give the trainzers a good overall picture of ECML history plus the connecting lines & industry. In my case I am extending as far as the unused baseboards will carry me, Northwards to Benton jnc & Tyne Commision Quay. Tyne Yard is back to construction stage only but I will be adding the Team Valley Industrial Estate. Aycliffe industrial Estate is also on the cards along with S & D Xing, Darlo, to Paton & Baldwins Factory to the East. Also featured will be the many pit heaps Co Durham once boasted, Durham County Council coudn`t eliminate them fast enough, (`oh no our image` the councillors will say), but I`ll be wicked here & bring them back right onto peoples destops LOL!

If I ever get South of Doncaster then it will be the Hertford loop & possibly the Grantham - Lincoln via Honnigton route - both being good diversion opportunities. Hope time permits.

Regards

BOGIEMAN

The reason I chose 1958 as my time period was that was when most of the York - Darlo intermediate stations were closed. I've got all of them done to a basic standard allowing for the fact that there are no buildings on the DLS like them. It also meant reducing the ECML to 3 tracks at some places and reinstalling loops such as Cowton and Castle Hills. The Easingwold branch will be pretty easy to do and I already have Alne station done. It's temporarily on hold while I finish my Malton & Driffield route. The M&DR passed next to the WW2 Driffield Airfield and I don't want to build it but I just have to ! The problem I had was that after a 7 year gap I had to relearn a lot of stuff but it's an interesting way to spend the lockdown.
Here are a couple of views of Thirsk marshalling yard.

Thirsk Yard looking south 2020.07.07 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

Thirsk Yard looking north 2020.07.07 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks Hotshot. I'll then take a look to se if it can be incorporated at Gascoigne Wood, Ferrybridge Power Station and Drax Power Station.

The reason I chose 1958 as my time period was that was when most of the York - Darlo intermediate stations were closed. I've got all of them done to a basic standard allowing for the fact that there are no buildings on the DLS like them. It also meant reducing the ECML to 3 tracks at some places and reinstalling loops such as Cowton and Castle Hills. The Easingwold branch will be pretty easy to do and I already have Alne station done. It's temporarily on hold while I finish my Malton & Driffield route. The M&DR passed next to the WW2 Driffield Airfield and I don't want to build it but I just have to ! The problem I had was that after a 7 year gap I had to relearn a lot of stuff but it's an interesting way to spend the lockdown.
Here are a couple of views of Thirsk marshalling yard.

Thirsk Yard looking south 2020.07.07 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

Thirsk Yard looking north 2020.07.07 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

The station buildings on that stretch are a challenge Lewisner - its the type of roof - the nearest resmblances being:- JBS Pittston Sta, R3 Norfolk council house, tour belvedere du kastel, (for the roofs of Beningborough, Pilmoor & Otterington SBs`), & Nastawnia Kostrzycu for Northallerton. By the way thats nice Pway work.

Thanks Hotshot. I'll then take a look to se if it can be incorporated at Gascoigne Wood, Ferrybridge Power Station and Drax Power Station.

Its a built-in asset bud, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. "Commercial Coal Company" <kuid":210518:1018:8>. You could probably mask it all up with a nice British building. I run my 7F and coal train over the grate at 10mph so I bet it'll work with more modern stock just fine.

Thanks Hotshot - I see it as a built in by bendorsey in TRS2019. I can see why I missed it since I began the route in TS12 and it is not a built in asset there. I have now downloaded it in to TS12 and will see if it performs as expected.
I think that it is a great pity that Ben is no longer with us.
He was a prodigious asset creator.

The building in the foreground is the First Leamside station, built by the Newcastle & Darlington Junction Railway during 1844 when Leamside was on the main line from York to Newcastle, The line was a mish-mash of lines cobbled together by George Hudson "The Railway King" and actually reached Gateshead Greenesfield Station via Washington, Brockley Whins and Pelaw. The line between Washington and Brockley Whins was the pontop and South Shields Railway (the former Stanhope and Tyne route), with a south to west chord laid to join the Brandling Junction Railway's line from Sunderland to Gateshead at Brockley Whins. In 1850 the distance to Gateshead was shortened by the building of the Washington to Pelaw line. By 1857 the first station at Leamside was inadequate for the traffic and the second station, an island type, was built.

In 1872 the status of Leamside declined with the opening of the N.E.R.'s more direct E.C.M.L. route between Tursdale Junction and Gateshead West via Durham and the Team Valley.

Last edited:
Back