Page 169 of 170 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170 LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 2541

Thread: UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Good looking screenshots Tanker. Modelling the preservation scene certainly allows you to run a variety of rolling stock from different eras.

My 'spinner' single driver tank engines are constructed from all sorts of bits that weren't really intended to fit together, but in the context of my imaginary railway companies they are quite plausible. Single driver tank engines had a brief spot in the sunlight during the pre-grouping era as with light trains they were very capable of very smart timings due to their speed and quick acceleration. As train weights increased though they could no longer cope and were relegated to the forgotten sidings of railway history.
    I spent quite a while fettling my single driver tanks and just like the prototypes they are inspired by they are excellent a working lighter local trains. Like the prototypes they were inspired by as well they ended up being displaced from some passenger services as my Norfolk layout continued to be extended and train weights increased and now they spend most of their time chasing the horizon working passenger trains on the Windweather Loop across the fen lands where their lighter axle loadings and quick acceleration make them masters of the task.

Last edited by KotangaGirl; March 25th, 2020 at 10:08 PM. Reason: spelling
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

A quarry somewhere in Shropshire

Graham,

A member of TCWW

I recognise those wagons Nice screenshot Graham, but I'm not really sure that a Precursor tank engine would ever find itself on quarry duty.

Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    I recognise those wagons Nice screenshot Graham, but I'm not really sure that a Precursor tank engine would ever find itself on quarry duty.
    It will do on my route
    Graham,

A member of TCWW

Nice Shots Graham! The Precursor looks a little clean for quarry work but I like the versatility of your route!

What really won me over was the little narrow gauge line in the background. Little details like that are just the best! Is that Trainboi1's Judah model?
    Tanker46

Member of TCWW

Yes that is Judah!

The Precurser Loco, I dirtied it as much as I could, not an easy asset to weather.
    It's not really working the quarry, it's just been delivering some empties
    There's a little 0-4-0 Sentinel that works the quarry, but that has LMS on it, so I swapped over just for the screenshot!

BTW, this route is unique, I don't think anyone has made one like it before, I'll show some more shots next week as work progresses.
    Graham,

A member of TCWW

I thought that was Judah! I recognize the little purple tank anywhere!

I don't know if you noticed it but Cmburgess made a LNER/BR version of that model with changeable liveries. It had some config issues regarding the liveries but I fixed the bugs for TANE/TS2019 and it definitely has an undecorated livery you could use. PM me if you are interested in getting the fixes and the Sentinel can join your quarry in no time!
    Tanker46

Member of TCWW

Default 1920s ECML Northumberland

Summer days on the ECML during the 1920s. A view from the footplate of a Gresley L.N.E.R. A1 Pacific while hauling an Up express passenger train from Edinburgh to London Kings Cross. The loco is north of Chevington station in rural Northumberland.

A Gresley L.N.E.R. D49 4-4-0 is heading north with a stopping passenger train from Newcastle for Alnmouth and Alnwick.

Testing the animated NG tippers at the quarry.

I found a nice Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST for quarry duty on the DLS, you are supposed to be able to change tha colours, but it does not work

Graham,

A member of TCWW

The colour changes have never worked with that particular Barclay model Graham.

More of my alternative Norfolk layout. B&FER 'Sharpie' wearing the company's old green livery in charge of the Boat Train to Foxhollow Bay. The luggage van and the luggage composite at the head of the train are a new generation of beta teak reskins I'm working on to suit Ken Green's coaches. If Ken is happy with what I'm doing and gives his permission they might end up on the DLS one day.

Dug out my rebuilt version of the TS2012 layout The North Cornwall Railway by mrflibble. My version is just the Padstow-Wadebridge-Bodiam section of the line. The scenic work is very good, but I had to fix a lot of faults on the railway side on things. It's a fun layout and I should really play trains on it a lot more than i do.

Heading for Bodiam.

Nice shots Annie and a lovely loco too!

A bit of backroom tinkering and now....

The AB is brining back some empities to the quarry..

Graham,

A member of TCWW

Nicely done Graham. I was never terribly keen on blue as a colour for that AB.

Signal testing at Foxhollow. The new large station I'm working on at Foxhollow Bay has some fairly complex (for me at least) track formations so there's been a bit of fine adjustment going on here and there to get things working properly.

Good stuff Annie. I have the digital PW gangs out laying track and you have the digital S&T fellows out on the line. Ah the arcane mysteries of calling on arms, repeating distants and split distants..........