UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

I will do Tanker, I've never posted a pic in here so not sure how to do that. It seems odd seeing a loco called Blackheath, iWork in Lewisham lol.

host the picture somewhere. I seem to recall that N3V'sscreenshots are hosted somewhere that can have a pointer to them. If need be email it to me (pm) me for my email address then you drop in a link in the message.

Cheerio John

Yes the forums I don't think have ever had a form of hosting for images, you'll have to upload them to somewhere else like Imgur and the put the link in here with IMG][/IMG] tags.

I use Imgur for my screenshots because of it's easy to use system of uploading. Don't care much for their take on current events though!

A little experimenting with my Brighton Route. I am attempting a backdate of the current version of my route (6.3 I believe) to represent the region during wartime and I just came across some new dockyard content and had to add it in.

(May 18th 1941) - A envoy of merchant supply vessels has completed their journey across the Atlantic and has taken refuge from a pursuing U-Boat fleet. Having been made aware of the dilemma, the Southern Railway has obliged to take the bulk of their supply shipment onward to Portsmouth where the shipment was originally intended. EX-LSWR S15 Class No.504 sits quayside as the dock works load the military wares into its long van train. Meanwhile, Ex-LBSCR K Class No.2343 prepares to depart to Brighton with a train of wounded combatants bound for the Royal Sussex County Hospital where they will receive treatment for their injuries.

bP8VWz6.jpg
[/IMG]

MQcwlTs.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Yeah. I was thinking about that too. I think they used to place conflats between the locomotives and tankers to prevent from accidental combustion. I've seen some Southern BR photographs where bogie bolsters were used as well.

Still a nice screenshot though!

Edit: Also I'm not sure it's exactly time period appropriate but I had to share this as well.

bbkEhgo.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Yes it's time period correct but the nearest she ever got to the UK (Southampton) was to anchor off the Isle of Wight and use tenders for passengers. As the Lafayette she caught fire and sank in 1942 while being converted to a troopship in New York.

Thanks Teddy.

I read about the Normandie in books when I was a child and living in the states her story is public knowledge.

However I couldn't find any data of her docking in England. I should probably look for a model of the Queen Mary once I get around to modeling Southampton Docks.

I should probably look for a model of the Queen Mary once I get around to modeling Southampton Docks.
The best of luck if you try that. You do realise that at that period the dock railway system was at its peak with 77 miles of track and nearly 1000 hand operated points. Years ago somebody else was going to do this but nothing came of it.

Click on the BBC code copy button Chris and then paste into your forum post and you'll have a visible picture in your post when you click the 'Reply' button.

65w0CmE.jpg

Thanks teddy.

Yes, I realized that modeling Southampton Docks in the 1950s was going to be a real challenge for me in terms of both size and scale. But that is really the nature of this whole project.

My long-term goal is to build the entire Southern Railway network in three separate parts (LBSCR, LSWR,and SECR) and eventually combine them into an enormous route similar to Michael 83's Cornwall to Scotland.

I realize that modeling Southampton is going to be one of the most difficult tasks to complete this project (along with Nine Elms and the London Terminals) but I want to see it through to the end. If Neville_Hill can create something as amazing as Dearnby District then I want to do the same give enough time and effort.

So far I am focusing on the LBSCR Region first. The route I am posting images of is a prototype of the final product as it's built off of Ken Whit's old Sussex Lines from TS2006. The one I will be uploading to the DLS will be built with Trainz DEM and will be a lot more complete than what I have now.

The hardest challenge of this is finding suitable assets for modeling certain areas of the line. I am currently attempting to model the carriage works at Lancing but I can't find suitable assets for the workshops and adjacent buildings. Apparently the works had a transfer table to move stock across the yard but none of the ones on the DLS match up with the sheds that are available.

That is quite some project you have there Tanker. It's a seriously large task you have set yourself and I wish you the best of luck with it.

Out of interest I downloaded Ken Whit's Sussex Lines route even though it's rare for me to download BR era routes. I had one or two dependencies to fix and an old TS2010 builtin to fudge into cooperating, but I got there in the end. It's very much a route of its time and it's best viewed at footplate level, but despite that I had some fun with it. Despite apparently missing no dependencies the session had some problems with missing rolling stock and a couple of missing engines as well. A Terrier was about to depart from Brighton without any coaches so I found some for it. Trainz really does need some new Terrier models though as these ones are very dated now.

I7wEShI.jpg

r1q4Yvl.jpg

Last edited:
Collet_and_castle.jpg
Hey guys, hopefully I've done this right. This is Tiverton Castle with five of the Collet Super Saloons that have been made for me. Thank you John for all the help.

Thank You for your support Annie.

Ken Whit's UK Sussex Lines is remarkably accurate with regards to the setup of the original prototype, but a lot of the actual infrastructure is absent from the original route. I have had to shop in a lot of important service equipment using PLL assets like coal chutes, water tanks/cranes and even the ash pits and other additional items. Thankfully Trainboi made a model of Copley Hill Engine Sheds and Carriage Sheds that serve as the main MPD sheds for Brighton! These are not exactly identical to Brighton's MPD but they bear an extremely close resemblance and are excellent for the line. The thing I was stuck on for a long time as I didn't have suitable assets to recreate the Brighton Works buildings but thanks to you that problem was quickly solved! :)

I completely agree with you about needing a new A1X model. I had one planned as part of my LBSCR Pack but it would have been made in only two liveries at the time (BR/SR Black) and I didn't think that it would be appropriate given that the Terrier's most popular liveries are its LBSCR Improved Engine Green and its Southern Railway Olive Livery. I plan on commissioning another set of LBSCR Locos in the distant future that includes the A1X, B4X, E3, E4, and the H2 Class but I think the locomotives I have commissioned will perfectly fit the line for now. Camscott's little E2s keep the yards nice and tidy for me!

The one thing I want to ask is this: Where on earth did you get those wonderful Southern coaches? Are they a commissioned piece or are they of your own design? They look remarkable and I would love for a chance to run them on my own layout if they are available!

Last edited:
The coaches are ones that Camscott made for TTTE routes and while originally made with simple textures are actually accurate models. I spent a long time reskinning them and added a lot of detail including hunting out SR notices and artwork for the compartment interiors. The brake third still needs some final finishing as I sort of ran out of steam with this project. I did them for my adaptation of the North Cornwall Railway route since there really wasn't any useful SR coaches available. I can't really share them with you Tanker since I don't have Camscott's permission to make them available to others. Perhaps when I finally finish off the brake 3rd to my satisfaction I might ask him and hopefully he won't yell at me and chase me off with a stick.

Hello Annie, I'm impressed with them. There are two more that I need done, thanks to John's help it posted, I shall try another one today with the Hawkworth's. I see you're using the suburban's. Nice coaches and I do have a thing for the Southern :)

I'm a GER and Broad Gauge GWR fangirl Chris, but I have an occasional interest in the Southern Railway and constituent companies too.

Having just purchased Camscott's T9 pack I now have more T9's than I know what to do with so I decided to take one out on the North Cornwall Railway. I normally only run trains on the Nth Bodiam-Wadebridge-Padstow section since I've only done the very much needed track repairs and re-alignments on that section with all the rest of the route still to go. I really like the North Cornwall Railway route as the landscape work is really good and beautifully done, but unfortunately the trackwork is terrible and in a word, - needs work.

So giving the driver the word to keep the speed down due to the manky track we set off from Wadebridge to Ashwater. (And guess who forgot to take a snap of the T9's arrival at Ashwater.)
It's just a pity that taking this route across to either TANE or TS2019 would make a mess of the lovely scenic work.

aa2kIbl.jpg

AtuBY8n.jpg

WgQOv7j.jpg

ILz0WBi.jpg

gFXn5pR.jpg

XsW1MZV.jpg

Last edited:
Back