UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Really good weathering on the locos and great lighting effects. Is this TANE or TRS19? I can't seem to get the lighting as good in the latter as I did in the former.

Paul

Paul - I'm pretty sure they're all TANE except the fourth one of the Stanier tank which is in TRS19. You can probably spot the difference. My own take is that, although you can get decent lighting in TRS19 it can't achieve the same general colour saturation of TANE. It is especially problematic looking towards the sun, where the glare kicks in in a very unbritish way.

Lickey again.

pZh5RQG.jpg

Excellent shots of Dearnby Neville! Those texture weatherings really bring out the best of Gary's locomotives!!

That's actually one of the things I like most about Dearnby to be honest. You can find tons of excuses to run GWR, LMS, and SR stock all on the same map because of how the route is set up. I might get away with running the occasional B1 or V2 though! ;)

My current version of the route is in TRS19 and is centered on a Pre-Grouping time period with the LSWR being the primary railway running the line. The GWR is secondary with the LNWR having minor running rights. I run a Grouping Era version of the route in TANE but with Ed's new locos TRS19 only and his Drummond Coaching Stock lacking SR liveries I have to update to fit what's available!

Excellent shots of the Rebuilt West County Evilcrow!! Out for a parcels run eh? It's amazing how good Jayholland's 4-6-2s look after all these years! :)

Some actual screenshots for once! Dearnby and District in TRS19. Bear with me as I haven't finished updating the assets to Pre-Grouping era yet so it might be quite a bit inaccurate...

71iGSHO.jpg
[/IMG]

XgZGJf7.jpg
[/IMG]

p4ndUEp.jpg
[/IMG]

oxbCeDt.jpg
[/IMG]

uTC26DN.jpg
[/IMG]

RGmQWiw.jpg
[/IMG]

ewMT3XC.jpg
[/IMG]

Iivow4a.jpg
[/IMG]

YEjsK9L.jpg
[/IMG]

Ed's new LSWR coaches are looking very fine indeed Tanker. Love the screenshot of the LSWR 'Paddlebox'.

More snaps of a Fowler 4F at work on Lickey.

Fs8pbhD.jpg

sMdocht.jpg

jY4UbVU.jpg

FZm015Q.jpg

Thanks Tanker46, KotangaGirl - it's always fascinating to see how routes get used once they're sent out into the world.
Beautiful screenshots evilcrow!

Ed's new LSWR coaches are looking very fine indeed Tanker. Love the screenshot of the LSWR 'Paddlebox'.

Thanks Annie! I think that is one of my favorite screenshots I have done over my time here! It screams lineside cameraman!!

I took a similar one when I was running LMS Stock on one of Colin's Routes. Once in a while they come out just right! ;)

9syvXgt.jpg
[/IMG]

QzNqbqD.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm surprised to hear you call the P14 a "Paddlebox" though. I thought that nickname was given to Drummond's T14 Class of locomotives. Was it used across the board for all his 4-6-0 designs?

3QK8Y4q.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I'm surprised to hear you call the P14 a "Paddlebox" though. I thought that nickname was given to Drummond's T14 Class of locomotives. Was it used across the board for all his 4-6-0 designs?

Tanker, - as far as I know the nickname 'Paddlebox' was bestowed on all of Drummond's 4-6-0's with that distinctive long splasher over the driving wheels.

I mostly try for the lineside camerawoman point of view when I do my own screenshots. I think it tends to make for a better and more realistic screenshot.

Last edited:
Ah! Thank you for that clarification! Some of my LSWR themed books have conflicting information so its hard to be sure on some things!

To be honest the paddleboxes are some of my favorites! I have always hoped Ed would get around to making a T14 one day but I may commission one from Camscott in the near future when I do my LSWR Pack. I know it looks a bit odd but I am quite the fan of its later design under Maunsell too!

Re posts by neville-hill, KotangaGirl and Tanker46, many thanks for the compliments.
neville-hill, Dearnby and District looks magnificent as do the locos.
KotangaGirl, Lickey Incline must be a good sound with all those loks working hard.
Tanker46, A feast of pre grouping items.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

Evilcrow,
I am really enjoying your many shots of my favorite British engine, the Modified Merchant Navy 4-6-2. No surprise then, that one of my favorite US engines is the PRR K4s 4-6-2. Go figure. The lighting on this screenshot is very well done. :cool:

Would the BR Merchants be seen on the Dearnby & District, I wonder, or would that be ahistorical?

Heinrich505

Re Post #3156 Heinrich505
The rebuilt Merchant Navy class was in the main restricted to the main routes of the Southern Region of British Railways due to historical and practical reasons, ie weight restrictions, but of course they could be found on special occasions heading railtours (railfan) excursions especially so towards the end of steam on British Rail. So therefore you could make the case for running them on the excellent Dearnby & District route and why not.
The two locos 35018 & 35028 shown in my screenshot are still active on our national main line railway system currently, (track up-grades since the 1960s etc).
35018 on a recent outing far away from her original home. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s9Lc3rG0IE
Excellent depot shot of yours on the PRR Screentshot thread #2061. I certainly would have liked to have had haulage with a K4.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

Evilcrow,
Thanks so much for the information, the link to the video - very cool indeed - and the compliment. Very much appreciated.
Your screenshot of the stable of engines looks very nice.

Heinrich505

Thank you for the compliments!! Those Merchant Navy locos sure look fantastic Evilcrow! Have you tried the one by lieslestosbrat on the DLS? I run it on the Brighton Route quite a bit and its really enjoyable!

More shots from Dearnby 1900. This time of the GWR locos! I was taking a look at the UK Geographic Maps on Google and decided that the best place to locate Dearnby would be the area of Burnham on Sea just south of Weston super Mare. This justifies the use of both LSWR and GWR locos for the most part and allows the possibility of LNWR traffic to come down from the North.

First off is a few shots of GWR 42XX on its way from the logging quay just south of Huneaton station on its way to St. Bennet. Steveflander's locos and rolling stock have been a godsend for backdating this route. I highly recommend using it!

v5RCYmW.jpg
[/IMG]

uh3KZL1.jpg
[/IMG]

7runiFY.jpg
[/IMG]

The second set involves a 54XX Class operating a suburban service from Huneaton to the communities further south. Although the 54xx was built by Charles Collet later on, it is being used to supplant the 22XX Churchward Panniers that operated this service around that time. I finally got the grey textures on the bogey the way I wanted them too! :)

FgNqnNl.jpg
[/IMG]

uHStqrB.jpg
[/IMG]

XoGqubH.jpg
[/IMG]

Evilcrow,

Would the BR Merchants be seen on the Dearnby & District, I wonder, or would that be ahistorical?

Heinrich505

After about 1962 the weight resrtiction on the Reading to Basingstoke line was eased and the occasional Merchant Navy worked to Oxford. Oxford also had visiting Midland region locos, and more rarely, Eastern region.

Chris.

Back