UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

#3641 That's a cracking good screenshot Marky. Do you have any more?

#3642 Good looking screenshots Tanker. 14xx's are fun little engines and are certainly useful and I like them too, but in Cornwall their role was covered by 45xx's as they not only had a low axle loading which is good for running over lighter laid branchlines, but they also had a bit more 'oomph' on the hills as well as an extra pair of driving wheels to grip the rails.

Trying out Alikiwi's Cornish Mainline session.

sYi5dOm.jpg

1924 - Beamish Wagonway

Hello Lewisner - Regarding your query about Beamish wagonway in post #3629, I had not been up here for a while at the time of your enquiry.
Yes, I have some of the Beamish Wagonway laid in. A lot of work remaining to do in the district though.

A pair of 0-6-0T locos begin to propel four empties along the incline towards "Beamish Colliery (East Stanley Pit)". The track they are on is actually Stanley Wagonway. A tad confusing with the colliery being named Beamish Colliery! Beamish main street is behind the locos and Beamish LNER station on the deviation line to Consett is in the cuting beyond.

The view from behind the locos. to the right of the locos is the spur to the workshops, which crosses over the tunnel at the end of Beamish station. Beamish No.2 Colliery is in the distrance above the end wagons.

The view from the top of the world, or at least most of the way up the incline to the colliery. The steepness of the grade requires both locos and the load limit is four empties going up and two loaded wagons coming down.

Last edited:
Great stuff @borderreiver I may have to crack on extending my Consett line onwards from South Pelaw where I abandoned it many years ago !

It's a nice screenshot from you anyway tailight! :) I do enjoy the GER from you and Annie! Lnerlvr5 also made a GER version of his J69 model too! It would go with those wagons and Edh6's brakevan!

1WopqTJ.jpg
[/IMG]

Some more screenshots of Dearnby circa 1948 - GWR 14xx class No. 1436 continues to the next station on its way to its destination at Casterford. Braster Station is the next stop on the route for the suburban autotrain. The townsfolk of Braster are used to the little autotank frequenting the station and the schoolchildren have become quite fond of seeing it on their way to school each morning.

mhwThtP.jpg
[/IMG]

W0tBu5s.jpg
[/IMG]

As 1436 leaves Braster it passes the famous Braster Castle - a landmark of Dearnby's past. Once owned by King Dearne of Burnham the old fortress now stands silent as a popular tourist attraction for visiting parties, ones that are often brought by 1436 itself! :hehe:

HdboOTR.jpg
[/IMG]

1955 - Beamish Wagonway

Great shots coming thick and fast on the thread.
Continuing to do work on my NW Durham route around Beamish and West Pelton.

0-4-0ST in the sidings near Beamish Second pit getting ready to take another set of empties to the screens.

Back