Page 294 of 315 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 4722

Thread: UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Still in TANE

Cheers, evilcrow

Great shot, hauling coal, the bread and butter of the steam railway.

Quote Originally Posted by PortLineParker View Post
    Some from me of a run I did last night; BR Standard class 7 70000 Britannia visits Swanage - seen here hauling the demonstration freight from Harmans Cross sidings to Norden ready for a run to Swanage:

Cheers,

PLP
    Excellent Screenshots Parker! Loving the visiting standard to Swanage! I think Oliver Cromwell visited several times in the past but I would have to double check.

In regards to my 4MT. I can't really take credit for it as the bulk of the mesh (and by bulk I mean 99% of it) was built by the creator of our wonderful Standard Fours and I am simply doing the finishing work needed to get it in game!

Gotta find some time to finish it up though!
    Tanker46

Member of TCWW - Developer of the Brighton Project

Excellent screenshots PLP. Your Swanage route always gives me the feeling that I'd love to be able to wander around in it for a while.

#4396 And another good looking atmospheric screenshot from you Ken.

This one's in TANE.
    I moved my Lickey Bank route over to TRS19 and the track got completely trashed, - so now it's living very happily in TANE SP4.
    I don't think L&Y class 27's were ever seen on Lickey, but I wanted to test out my new Class 27 from Camscott and I also wanted to test the route to make sure it was all working properly, - so two birds with one stone and all that.
    I will get back to working in Cornwall again soon; - I had my anti-COVID jab on Friday and I'm still feeling a bit off colour.

Last edited by KotangaGirl; July 24th, 2021 at 10:06 PM. Reason: formatting
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

re post#4397 borderreiver
    Thank you Frank, I wonder how much if any, the present railway hauls?.
    re post #4399 KotanaGirl
    Thank you Annie, nice shots of the Class 27. Good luck with the "jab", only takes a few seconds and don't forget the second one.

Still in TANE

Cheers, Ken

According to the DfT, Coal lifting in the UK has stabilised in the range of 1.4 - 1.6 million tonnes per quarter (5.6 - 6.4 million tonnes per annum). This is down substantially on volumes pre-2014 but not quite as low as might have been expected. Other freight has fallen during 2020 due to the pandemic, but appears to be 12.7 million tonnes. So, even now coal amounts to roughly thirty percent of freight tonnages.

Thanks for that Frank, lack of steam coal in UK for Heritage railways is going to be problem.

Still in TANE

Cheers, Ken

That's a very interesting junction you have there in your screenshot Ken.

Playing trains on Lickey in TANE. It's very nice to have this layout up and running properly again as it's a lot of fun to operate. I haven't really set the lighting up properly yet as I've been mainly concentrating on making sure everything is working as it should. I think I'm going to keep Lickey in TANE since TRS19 screws up the older legacy spline assets I used on the layout. There's supposed to be some kind of fix for this coming soon (tm), but I'm not going to worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    That's a very interesting junction you have there in your screenshot Ken.

Playing trains on Lickey in TANE. It's very nice to have this layout up and running properly again as it's a lot of fun to operate. I haven't really set the lighting up properly yet as I've been mainly concentrating on making sure everything is working as it should. I think I'm going to keep Lickey in TANE since TRS19 screws up the older legacy spline assets I used on the layout. There's supposed to be some kind of fix for this coming soon (tm), but I'm not going to worry about it.
    Excellent screenshots Annie!

I totally understand you decision regarding the Lickey Incline route. There are so many assets that just don't transfer over well to TRS19.

[IMG][/IMG]

Something new from me as well. Pilotwoo is having me Beta Test the Rebuilt Atlantics. So far they are nothing short of astounding.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Also picked up the Class 27 too! I've been waiting for this little L&Y loco for much to long!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Tanker46

Something new from me as well. Pilotwoo is having me Beta Test the Rebuilt Atlantics. So far they are nothing short of astounding.
    I am sooooooo impatiently waiting for Pilotwoo to release these rebuilt Atlantics. And I have to say Camscott's L&Y class 27 is a very sweet runner indeed.

Nice screenshots by the way Tanker.

They are something else Annie I can certainly attest to that.

I wanted the ability to run the Atlantics on Dearnby in the 1930s era and now I am able to with these! They operated out of Oxford so I can definitely justify their exsistence in the region just like the Basingstoke based N15Xs.

Pilotwoo and I have become rather close friends over the last few months and I can honestly say he's one of the kindest and most talented guys I know. He's got a great future in Trainz if he continues to pursue it. I'm proud to know him.

These are definitely going to be worth the wait. I can say without a doubt that these are a fantastic operators on any GWR Route.

Camscott's Class 27 performs above and beyond as I knew it would. Camscott's models still are something I will always consider to be the Gold Standard of UK Trainz.

I'm not able to really justify having the Class 27 on site during the Pre-Grouping Era but I find it entirely possible that it could be sent down to St.Bennet on transfer goods Pre-1928 and as a surplus goods loco during WW2.

BR Era is simple since the Class 27s started to get displaced from their usual work around the mid 50s and early 60s. It's not impossible for St.Bennet to scoop one up to replace elderly 4Fs or Cauliflower designs.

Regardless I am extremely happy I picked it up. Thanks for setting the cogs in motion that lead to it's release!!
    Tanker46

re post #4403 KotangaGirl
    One can always return to TANE when TRS19 plays up. I hope the next fix for TRS19 solves the many probs. I need to move on for the sake of the latest models.
    Annie, nice to see the Lickey.
    Re post #4404 Tanker46
    Goodly shots there Tanker. You show the latest locos to good effect.

Still in TANE

Cheers, Ken

Annie just a suggestion but why don't you use this excellent resource for your redoing Cornwall etc. https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/side...&right=BingHyb you have a then and now side by side and also you can go back to the 1900's over most of the UK ? I just thought it might help?

Quote Originally Posted by steviez View Post
    Annie just a suggestion but why don't you use this excellent resource for your redoing Cornwall etc. https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/side...&right=BingHyb you have a then and now side by side and also you can go back to the 1900's over most of the UK ? I just thought it might help?
    I can see that being very useful for seeing what the actual lie of the land looks like Steviez which isn't always clear from an OS map so thanks for the suggestion. I'm gradually building up a digital collection of 25 inch to the mile OS maps for Cornwall via the wonderful resources at the NLS, but there are gaps in their archive and it's not always possible to find useful historic photos.

Quote Originally Posted by evilcrow View Post
    re post #4403 KotangaGirl
    One can always return to TANE when TRS19 plays up. I hope the next fix for TRS19 solves the many probs. I need to move on for the sake of the latest models.
    Annie, nice to see the Lickey.

Re post #4404 Tanker46
    Goodly shots there Tanker. You show the latest locos to good effect.

Still in TANE

<picture snipped>

Cheers, Ken
    Thanks Ken. Fortunately most if not all of my engines I run on Lickey are legacy engines so they are fine in TANE, but that is the dilemma with TRS19 as more and more good quality locos and rolling stock models are being created as being for TS2019/TRS19 only. Lickey is a lot of fun to operate as its original creator took the trouble to accurately model the bank itself in terms of length and gradient. I spent quite a bit of time rebuilding rest of the trackwork to the correct 1930s layout so that the prototypical banking movements could be followed and then added a lot more off stage storage loops, - so as you can imagine I was a bit upset when that @#!%& bug in TRS19 trashed it.
    To be on the safe side though I won't be moving any more of my legacy routes into TRS19 until I know for certain that the track wrecking bug has been fixed.
    Last edited by KotangaGirl; July 26th, 2021 at 07:27 PM. Reason: spelling