UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Hi, thanks for comments, no it is a brand new module from mine...

Just a dream for my pleasure ... and perhaps yours...

Friendly, Marc

Bad weather for french subs...

But the real war is now in offices of governements and fincial hands...

Let's dream a bit more with trainz, before N3V blocks all french accounts in retaliation of the subs crisis...

Brotherhood and peace friends, and keep our game high ...

Friendly, Marc

Thanks Tanker, you're far too kind. The main problem was that the engine spec for both the Dean Goods and the O1 was completely broken in TRS19 SP3, though that was a fairly easy fix as there are several perfectly good engine specs that are excellent replacements. The other faults involved a bit more work with the errors in the LM file not exactly being blindingly obvious.
Paul from the Repair Group has added the O1 to their list so hopefully it won't be too long before officially fixed versions are available on the DLS.

Sounds good to me! I do want to have an updated O1 done at some point but I feel it's far too soon for that - after all, they rarely ventured off their natural coal field habitats in Kent!

Besides, Decapod's little O1 has been with me for so many years. I'm far too attached to just discard it! :D

Hello from France

A dream of an harbour in UK ...

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Friendly, Marc

Excellent work Marc! I love the multi-level track system you have going there! A little bit more space and you'd have room to run Steveflander's Liverpool Overhead Railway content! :hehe:

But seriously, well done indeed! I'm not too familiar with French Railways but I bet some french steamers would look excellent there as well!

re post #4674 KotangaGirl
Well done Annie on the SECR 01. Looking forward to your BR update.

re post #4679 GIRAUD
Wonderful colour and a reminder of summer Marc.

STILL IN TANE

Cheers, Ken

Early morning at 75B Redhill Junction and 75E Three Bridges MPDs. Thank you Paul for these fantastic new additions!!

zOXGbC6.jpg
[/IMG]

CxahFN2.jpg
[/IMG]

jQtCpTl.jpg
[/IMG]

sOcW7rG.jpg
[/IMG]

T7PS3Bf.jpg
[/IMG]

Z4bmjMZ.jpg
[/IMG]

WWLtZ19.jpg
[/IMG]

fpBm49m.jpg
[/IMG]

eOwG15c.jpg
[/IMG]

One more set from me - A crowd is gathering at Three Bridges for a most unusual sight! A Liverpool to Southampton Railtour is making the return leg back from its destination. Due to a landslide near Guildford, the railtour has been subverted through Crawley to travel up the London to Brighton line on it's way home!

t45ZHyk.jpg

9KNOte5.jpg
[/IMG]

Double heading the train are two future preservation stars - LYR Hughes Class 5 No.50621 (Also known as No.1006) and LYR Aspinall Class 27 No.53233, pulling a rake of beautifully restored LYR 50' Corridor Carriages. They have been coaled and watered for the journey home and will depart up the line to Clapham Junction before following the Merseyside Line back to their stomping grounds of Liverpool.

kQZnMo2.jpg
[/IMG]

NSP9miT.jpg
[/IMG]

As the stunning excursion heads out onto the main line, the driver of No. 50621 blows a cheery whistle to C2x No. 32545 on it's way back to Three Bridges with a short milk train.

pzPEYZO.jpg
[/IMG]

pNJ2Gey.jpg
[/IMG]

re post #4674 KotangaGirl
Well done Annie on the SECR 01. Looking forward to your BR update.

Thanks Ken. I'm making progress with the BR version, but I had a sleepy day yesterday so things came to a pause. Hopefully I should have it done today though.

I'm very much enjoying your last two screenshots by the way.

Wow Tanker Paul has done you proud alright. Southern enthusiasts will be wanting to put up a statue to you after these new assets hit the DLS. With 75B Redhill Junction and 75E Three Bridges MPDs ticked off your list your Brighton Project is going to be unstoppable.

And just for fun here's 'Moxbury' engaged in an important shunting task at Moxbury.

DevstOC.jpg

Decapod.'s BR O1 under test on my updated version of the Ashington branch. The Ashington branch is a good test track as it has some deceptively long gradients that don't seem much at first, but can catch you out. The test train was 297 tons and I ran tests under both DCC and the Steam Controls and all was good. In fact I found No.31065 to be a sweet engine to drive with the Steam Controls now that it has a better engine spec that isn't faulty. I'm not sure how an ex-GWR branchline might have come into the possession of an O1, but I think I'm going to keep No.31065 around for a while at Ashington.

dkPY8jp.jpg

LEukVvn.jpg

8iTfuTW.jpg

Great update Annie ... well anything is possible after Nationalization there is the GWR Pannier that ended up working the SR Branch

Tom

The more I look into this thread the more I feel the need to spend more time in UK modelling, but first I need to finish the old tea route and get my yodelling experience finished or at least down to a level where I can devote more time to the UK scene.

Well done to all involved here.
Keep on providing us with the visuals and info :D

Cheers,

Graham

Here's a series of edited photos I did using my B13 model; it is travelling down the ECML (improvised using a different route)

Thanks,
Connor

B13_express_1_greyscale.png

B13_express_2_greyscale.png

B13_express_3_greyscale.png

Great update Annie ... well anything is possible after Nationalization there is the GWR Pannier that ended up working the SR Branch

Tom

Thanks Tom, it's certainly a sweet running engine now. I suppose a request might have gone out to the Southern Region to borrow a few engines and No.31065 was amongst the ones they sent. I don't know what the WR might have thought about that though.

Well done to all involved here.
Keep on providing us with the visuals and info :D

Cheers,

Graham

As they say Graham, - come on in the water's fine.

Here's a series of edited photos I did using my B13 model; it is travelling down the ECML (improvised using a different route)

Thanks,
Connor

Very nicely done Connor.

Wow Tanker Paul has done you proud alright. Southern enthusiasts will be wanting to put up a statue to you after these new assets hit the DLS. With 75B Redhill Junction and 75E Three Bridges MPDs ticked off your list your Brighton Project is going to be unstoppable.

Awww Annie you're going to make me pass out from how hard I'm blushing! :D Moxbury and that O1 are looking fantastic as well!!

gF2qLsY.jpg
[/IMG]

I am just glad that people are enjoying this, I think it's becoming an obsession at this point! Between Camscott's locos and Paul's buildings it's grown to such a size that I couldn't stop it even if I wanted to! It's one thing to have a dream like that but a totally different thing to see it come to life! I can't wait for the entire LBSCR Region is done so I can release it for you all to enjoy Phase 1 of the SR Project!

Lovely shots tanker, but where did you get the buffer stop from?

Ah! Nice eye Parker! I'd forgot to mention those actually!

They're from Pilotwoo. He made them for his SVR Route he's working on for TRS19, but he lent them to me for use on the Brighton Route. I have em everywhere!

Yd2TuCd.jpg
[/IMG]

jhvJmwa.jpg
[/IMG]

mFMkOvi.jpg
[/IMG]

They'll be put on the DLS eventually, but I might release the route without them until they do. Barney definitely does excellent work though! :D

Last edited:
Tanker46 you just like making us happy don't you ... great work ... thanks

Tom

Thanks Tom! It's almost in the beta stage! I'm already up to South Coulsdon so I should make it to London Victoria by Christmas! I am amazed how quickly the third phase is to cover! I'm 2/3rds done with the run to East Croydon!

Just started setting up Merstham Tunnel! his area is a very difficult setup to build with no photos and only the maps to go off of, so I can't guarantee it will be accurate as the prototype.

4YaLT1w.jpg
[/IMG]

pf3aZtF.jpg
[/IMG]

On a side note, I was digging into the history of Redhill and Merstham and I discovered quite the surprise! Did you guys know that Redhill Standard Brick Company owned a little 2ft Narrow Gauge Railway around Helmensthorpe Yards? The company bought one WD Hudson designed 0-6-2T that was built for dock shunting during WW1 - a model that our beloved Steveflanders has made including a variant that replicates the original Redhill loco! Talk about lucky!!

vZzwptM.jpg
[/IMG]

I need to do quite a bit more research regarding this little line but it looks like the line might have fallen out of use after WW2. Even so, I decided to include it on the BR Route as the viaduct was still in place over the Quarry Line Tunnel during the 50s and 60s. It should provide a wonderful little bit of industrial scenery to blend in with the mainline. I hope to do so with the Volk's Electric Railway along the Brighton Coast someday as well if I can find diagrams of the cars and miscellaneous assets in the near future!

67ynTDT.jpg
[/IMG]

ExeAObH.jpg
[/IMG]

I1SQ8RE.jpg
[/IMG]

Once I finish Merstham, it will be on to Coulsdon and Purely! :)

The Redhill Standard Brick Company was a good find Tanker and being able to find exactly the right engine for the narrow gauge line on Steve Flander's website was an added bonus. If you're having problems finding photos of a particular area check out the University of Cambridge's 'Britain from the Air' archive https://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/collections/landscapehistories/1 Their search engine can be a bit annoying to use though.
Or failing that try the Britain from Above website. https://www.britainfromabove.org.uk/en/search?keywords=Merstham&country=england&year=all

I've been helped out more than once by old aerial photos when I couldn't find anything else in the way of photos.

Last edited:
Tanker46,
Great news on your progress. It's all very exciting to see the screenshots and hear how quickly your route seems to be falling into place. You are closing fast on London, Victoria. The miles are melting away. :) I'm following with great interest. Pace yourself though.

Regards,
Gary

Back