new to trainz

billyzbear

I picked this game up because my 3 year old loves trains. I have been trying to figure things out but it's not working out. I tried to figure out how to make my own little world. Is there a good "how to" on this?
So then I decided to download some routes with steam trains. Mostly because there isn't much with game. It took whomever three days to send me an email so I could register. I guess thier on vacation. Anyways, I get a download going for 10 min. and then it just stopped. I have been trying all day and no go. I even activated my first class ticket. Does this happen often? Once we things are going what would be some good downloads? What I'm looking for are steam engines, cool tracks with stuff going on. It doesn't have to be real big. Like a train set you would have setup at home.
Any help would be great.

Billy

Welcome, Auran is on holiday. I know this looks complicated at first, but once you start figuring it out, it's quite easy. The best part is there are always people around to help.

Last edited:
There was a report that the DLS was down, but it seems OK now. It's usually not bad, but some users seem to have problems sometimes.

Try the route "demo show" and the session of the same name for lots of multi-train train set style action - always something to watch with stream, electric and diesels.

Paul

Thanks for the replies. I have 06' and classic. The manual is hard to understand. 06' seems to run better, atleast on my rig. It looks good. I wish I could understand how to make a route. A week ago I found a website that had some good info but I can't seem to find it now. What would be some good downloads?

Billy

For the layout you want for TRS2006 I sugest my Elko and Lincoln TRS. It is on the Download Station (DLS). I am in the process of converting it for TC.

Last edited:
It takes time to get used to. When I first got into Trainz it was with Trainz 2004 then moved on to 06. Finally I decided to try my hand at building and with some trepidation and the project I am presently doing is big (over 230 boards). Thought I was doing well when I said in the early days I had just put in my 20th junction on the tramway and today they are counted in scores! Plod away and there are people here who will help so never be afraid to ask ven if it sounds silly - we all have to learn. If you look at my site link remember this is my first attempt as a new hand at building. So be moderately ambitious and you will surprise yourself.

Yes, welcome to the Trainz Community. Don't hesitate to ask questions, there are lots of us here willing to help!

~Rick

Back