Paint shed query

GuruDavo

Hi,

I have been playing around with the paint shed with TRS2004 and i cannot get any of the passenger carriages to have windows.Am i going insane or what?
Surely the windows are considered to be part of the new reskin?Is there a way to incorporate windows into the new colour scheme?

Also is it possible to increase the size of the viewing window when reskining so that you can see the entire carriage at the same time.It is just frustrating to have to move arrows all the time to see different parts of the scheme.Even the help pages open up to the full screen.

Not all of the vehicles in my railyard are included in the paint shed.Is there any way to include other vehicles into the paint shed or am i looking for a logic that just doesn't exist in any simple way?

Cheers David

PS I have also attempted to download certain vehicles from the download station and they are in the folders and i have double checked for the extra components that are needed but they will not show up in the railyard.I have reached a point where i cannot waste any more time trying to redo things over and over to get them to work.I have been downloading information and programs etc. from the internet for seven years and i have never had any problems like this.It just seems to me to be overcomplicated confusing and not logical.

Do computer people have a completely different mind space to me?I don't enjoy spending hours trying to work out a logic that doesn't seem to exist.It just seems to me that somebody at the company should co-ordinate all of the different aspects of this simulation so that there is a simple logic applied to the many different aspects of it.This would i am sure help new users and psssibly generate more users!!
After all we don't want it to be like the real Australian railways( completely confused and incompetent).

David

Hi, David
Windows are defiantly included in paintshed although they are not transparent

For you items that don’t show up in rail yard have you checked them via Trainz Objectz if you have all the parts the chances are there is a problem with the config
Also is your TRS 04 updated with the latest service patch for your version this could also be the problem here

No you can’t add templates to paintshed in and simple way

Regards Bob V

Let's see, in 2004 Paintshed the windows are in the decals folder, must be selected from the PS menu and applied to the side of the car.
Paintshed does not allow you to paint every piece of rolling stock , only a select few. Content creators CAN make a paintshed template for their work, but few have. Auran left the door open on that one, but nobody went through.

I know it's possible to select the screen size for Paintshed, but I am unsure if this changes the viewing window size at all.

Yes, there are quite a few frustrating aspects to this program, and many who have been successful with it have come to look at it as a hobby. You know what a hobby is....right? A hobby is something that you spend countless hours and countless dollars on, something that you waste your life on adjusting the most minute details and still have a 50/50 chance of getting any satisfaction from it.

Trainz is a test of your patience..........

Ed

David,

Stick with it man! Most of us have gone through the "I give up" phase (several times) but it is well worth persevering. A lot of the problems with downloading items are due to the hierarchy of assets and the multitude of content creators, not all of whom it must be said totally understood what they were doing.
I have also attempted to download certain vehicles from the download station and they are in the folders and i have double checked for the extra components that are needed but they will not show up in the railyard.
If you post the details for one vehicle there's a fair likelehood that someone here will be able to help.

Alternatively, may I suggest you try the Razorback Railway? Our installation system avoids all the pain and misery of DLS, TDH, CMP, missing assets, etc. You might like to take a look at the "Getting Started" section of our FAQ. Registration, our layouts, our rolling stock packs and some (but certainly not all) of our activities are free of charge and we'll do everything we can to help should you run into any problems.

John

Back