How to begin to have fun

Gunth

Hi All,

while waiting for my TC copy to come ( BTW does it come in EU from Australia or from EU ? ) I have a question regarding TRS 2006 SP1 :

I dislike predefined limited sessions and I like to drive in CAB mode , could you please tell me what I have to do in order to drive a simple route choosing by myself a loco ? I mean could you plz direct me to a download link of a freeware simple route and tell me how can I drive on it and how can I choose a loco ?

Am I obliged to obey to an activity's dictat like Razorback ones or can I drive freely maybe only carrying passengers/freight here and there with no particular hurrry ?

Where can I find a also a medium free route where to drive my choosen loco ?

Thanks a lot in advcance

Gunth

There are many free routes at Download Station.

Why don't you create a simple session youself. Load a fairly simple but nice route, say Wadalbavale Line. Place a loco and cars of your choice on the track in the direction you want to run. Go up to left corner of the screen and "save" Give it a name. When saved, hit Ctrl+F2 you get to choose cab or DCC-mode, then hopp into the cab and drive your train without any hurry. The industries and platforms have a basic setup so they will work. Set junctions in advance or as you go. (before you de-rail)

From there make another session, add another train, give the driver orders, change industries and so on...

There are many free routes at Download Station.

Why don't you create a simple session youself. Load a fairly simple but nice route, say Wadalbavale Line. Place a loco and cars of your choice on the track in the direction you want to run. Go up to left corner of the screen and "save" Give it a name. When saved, hit Ctrl+F2 you get to choose cab or DCC-mode, then hopp into the cab and drive your train without any hurry. The industries and platforms have a basic setup so they will work. Set junctions in advance or as you go. (before you de-rail)

From there make another session, add another train, give the driver orders, change industries and so on...

Thank you very much,I'm just starting to fiddling around with that route.... last questions plz..

1 ) is there a way inside the Surveyor to have a " satellite view " of the whole map ?

2 ) Is it fine to start to drive letting the AI drive to a certain point I want to arrive and 2 seconds later take the commands in order to let the AI set the switches properly ?

3 ) If I add few drivers with their relatives consists and I set a route for each of them,how can I merge the fact that my switches are already set for my destination and other trains driving on the same map with different destinations instead ? With different consists on the map do I have to set the switches every now and then cause other consists' routes may have changed them to suit their needings or is it a way to do that automatically without letting the AI drive the train ?

Thanks a lot

I can answer No 1. In Surveyor hit Ctrl+M and you get the mapview zooming with page-up and down, moving around with the arrows and from here you can also toggle junctions. Though it has to be a small map if the whole thing going to fit the screen.

As for No 2 and 3, I'm not very good at such things. I drive the trains myself except maby one or two others and they're given easy tasks. I suppose you could do all that but someone else has to answer this. I know that apart from the rules you already have, there are additional ones at Download Station, even such where you can create whole scenarios.

The Manual is a great reference, almost everything is in there. When I started I printed nearly everything out. Took alot of ink but it was worth it...

Yes Gunth, 2 & 3 are possible.

(All done in Surveyor)

Setup the AI consists.
Assign a drivers to them.
Put in the driver commands and any trackmarks to drive to or by way of.
Save your session, give it a new name if you're saving the old one if you want.
Launch Driver (Ctrl-F2) via the quick launch.

(In Driver)

Let the AI drive to where you want them to go. They will set their own switches just like the way you do yours.

When the AI driver gets to where you want it, you can take over (any time really) and switch the cars.

I do this all the time with my route. I'll send an AI freight train to a yard, and then switch out some cars from the train myself using the yard switcher. Once I've added or taken out the cars I want, I then send the AI driver on his way.

There are really so many things you can do. This is only the beginning. :)

John

Sorry you do not like RBR .. we make driving more like how it is in real life (well sorta). If you want to tinker around like on a layout then try SCS to build something. We are about giving you tasks to perform rather than just tooling around.

Cheers

Am I obliged to obey to an activity's dictat like Razorback ones...
Further to what Larry just said - while it's true that some of our activities do give you detailed step-by-step instructions, some just specify an objective and it's up to you to figure out how achieve it.

John

I don't think he was having a go at the razorback team. I just think he was trying to give an exsample.

Many users want the excellent content and senarios your team delivers.

Regards

Back