Memory Card

danny5

join 1-1-2005
I have a hp pavilion a220n comp I got 1gb memory up graded from 512, got the write cards but when I go to use it ,it will for about 10 min. its locks up's any suggestion ? I took them out and put the 512,s back in works likes it did before.

Danny5

Memory card

I'am onyl going from 512 to 1 gb. that is all it will take I know that but why is it doing that? Is there something wrong with one or both of them?

danny5

How did you determine which memory module would work with your computer?

What antistatic precautions did you take when handling the memory module.

Was it a new brand name memory module that was factory sealed?

Cheerio John

Danny5,

Some additional thoughts:

Does it lock up regardless of what programs you're running, or only with a specific program? Maybe the fault doesn't lie with the memory. Have you installed anything new or made any system configuration changes?

Have you run Memtest+ on it?

Are the power supply and ventilation adequate? Are the temperatures ok?

John

I have a hp pavilion a220n comp I got 1gb memory up graded from 512, got the write cards but when I go to use it ,it will for about 10 min. its locks up's any suggestion ? I took them out and put the 512,s back in works likes it did before.

Danny5

Above is the source of my confusion.

Now then, you say you "got the write cards", but did you really? What are the specs? What slots are you using?
Ed

memory card

I got it from T D look it up on there get the rite part locator it said thisis what my PC takes and thatmy PC would only upgrade to 1gb. PC lock up in any progam. No I did not do a memtest+. Iput them in the same slots that the old ones were in.the bran name is Corsair value select 512MB PC2700 ddr 333 mhz. I've had this PC for about 5 years can't locate info and don't know the spec on it. don't know the tempture of the PC. You must put both cards in together rite, I did that.

thanks Danny5
ps I downloaded the spell thing how do i get it to work here?

memory card

Euphod I see my mistake I put 512 insted of 256. well I got the thing worked out. they sent me the wrong part.

Thanks, Everybody for your help,and infro,to find infro about my comp.

Danny5

Back