Saving a Terrain question

alazose

When I modify a default terrain in Surveyor, the Driver session places me in the middle of nowhere, and I must use "Find Object" to locate my consists. Is there a way to save a layout/session in Surveyor so that the opening scene will be a recognizable or selected location?

Do you have some drivers assigned in Surveyer? When you go to Driver and open the session, there should be a driver's portrait in the lower left corner of the screen. When you click on that, it expands and shows all the drivers available and the locomotive assigned. You can jump to any available driver and his train.

:cool: Claude

Depends on your location when you save the file. Place yourself at the spot you want to appear before saving the scene.

Tokkyu40: How do I assign drivers in Surveyor? "Edit Session" doesn't seem to apply. Does it make a difference if these layouts are the default layouts?

CasyJ: I tried save and save as, but it still doesn't come up with the spot where I saved it in the Driver session. What am I missing?

Tokkyu40: How do I assign drivers in Surveyor? "Edit Session" doesn't seem to apply. Does it make a difference if these layouts are the default layouts?

CasyJ: I tried save and save as, but it still doesn't come up with the spot where I saved it in the Driver session. What am I missing?

Okay, then I would suggest loading your new scene, find the spot you want to start and resave with overwrite.