Where is Trainz documentation?

wjbagley52531

I just purchased Trainz Railwayz and so far I think this is very difficult to understand. Is there any technical documentation for this product? Don't tell me to read the maual because that is about worthless.

I am talking about finding out how to do things like building consists.

Any help would be appreciated

Bill

Last edited:
There's tons of priceless information on the forum. Actually, almost all of it is here. Use search to find what you're looking for. :wave:

Cheers. Oh and welcome to the wonderful world of trainz!

I just purchased Trainz Railwayz and so far I think this is very difficult to understand. Is there any technical documentation for this product? Don't tell me to read the maual because that is about worthless.

I am talking about finding out how to do things like building consists.

Any help would be appreciated

Bill

Hi Bill, welcome to Trainz and the forums.:wave:

To make a consist, you have to do it in surveyor. All you do is click on the "wheel" icon, you can either choose a preset consist or make your own.

Click on the left icon to make your own, choose a loco then left click anywhere on the tracks. Then choose your carriages and do the same.

To drive the train, we then need to save our session. Cntrl F2 brings up the option to save it, call it whatever you like. You will then be taken to the option of prototypical cab mode or DCC to drive your train.

If you have any other questions Bill, don't be afraid to ask, I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Thank you both for such quick replies. This is just the information I was looking for.

I am looking forward to getting to know Trainz.

Bill

Trainz Railwayz comes with a small paper manual in the box. This isn't much help. The installed .pdf manual for TC is just an electronic version of this paper manual. It is even named minimanual.pdf.

If you have installed TRS2006 then choose "Manual" from its launcher for the full version of the TRS2006 manual. Even though the interface looks different it functions in the same way as TRS2006 does for 99.9% of what you want to do. The manual is located in the TRS2006/docs/manuals_cd/manuals folder if you want to get at it directly. If you have more than one computer it can be helpful to copy it to the other computer so that you can have it open at the same time as Trainz.
If you want to print it, it is about 160 pages.

William

Read the manual.
Not really very much help if, as we have established, certain releases of TRS don't come with a proper manual (even a pdf one). In this case it's down to searching for answers here on the Forum, they are certainly here somewhere.

When searching dont forget that the search terms need to have 4 or more letters (yes, really. try searching for CMP and you'll get no matches).

Paul

Actually, in Railwayz if you install TC the Docs folder has 2 manuals in PDF, one is the paper version and the other is the 2006 one.

I'm sorry but my version of Trainz Railwayz has 2 minimanuals. One branded for Trainz Classics and the other for Trainz Railwayz. They both have exactly one page on surveyor which consists of telling you to see the in-game help file for information on surveyor.

Disc 2 labeled Trainz Rail Simulator installs the larger manual with details about using surveyor at the location listed above.

William

Back