saving my surveyor creation in Tranz 2004

stockline

Got a bit fed up with the CMP and other problems in Tranz 2006 so am back adding to my creation in Tranz 2004 the custom folder is now 1.85GBs in size ,I have been saving this on to a DVD but when i try to re-install i get something called " Redundancy Cycle " cannot copy !.
Its been a while since i worked on 2004 and i seem to remember in order to save the work i`d done so far i went to Auran/ World/ then i saved on to disk the complete` Custom` folder , Is this the correct way to insure that the Surveyor Route that i`m working on is saved in 2004 ?.
I have saved all the Kuid`s that i`ve ever downloaded onto a seperate disk so i guess i only need to save the `Actual Route` I`m working on which i have called `My World` but i dont know how to do it can anyone help please
Regards John (stockline)

Saving a route

Hi stockline,

Use "my computer" and go into "diskX\programfiles\auran\trs2004\world\custom\maps. There you should see the map you have created. You can either copy the whole "map" directory or just the file.
I have tried saving the whole custom directory to DVD without much success so I now copy just the files I want to CD rather than DVD. As well as my usual backups of course.
Actually another problem I found was trying to reinstall Trainz2004 from CD in a DVD drive, it would not install. I think it is because my DVD writer is only 16X and therefore too slow. When I changed drives and installed from my CD writer which is 48x it installed with no problems.

Hope this helps,

Bill69

reply to Bill

Hi Bill,
Thanks for your help, I have now saved the whole of the `Map` folder which is around 23 Mbs rather than 1.85 Gbs ! .
I suppose that that is only saving the route I`m working on and not all the `
consists ` that make up the route , With that in mind where in the Auran Folder are thous (all the bits of my route ) ? , What i`m trying to say is it might be wise to save thous too .
Oh its hard to explian , what i need to save is not only the `Map` but ALL the bits that make up the route ( My World)
where are they ?
So sorry if i sound a bit thick and i wouldn`t have had to ask if the old fourm had not been been lost
On a lighter side I just spent £800 on up dating my system hoping that Tranz might run better
Hope you can help
Regards John (stockline)

Saving maps

Hi stockline,
I see you are on line. I will have to check on the last question, I'll get back in about 10 min.
Bill69

saving maps

Hi again John,

I have checked and it is in almost the same subfolder. Diskx\programfiles\auran\trs2004\world\custom\profiles. Only the last subfolder is different. Profiles are the sessions you have saved, they are all listed under kuid numbers so you might have to use trainzobjectz to find the kuid of the one you want.

Cheers,
Bill69

to Bill

Hi Bill,
Thanks for getting back to me so quick, OK my ` Profiles` folder comes out at (1.93 GB (2,080,710,656 bytes) so really i only need to save that once on to a seprate disk unless I download lots of other Kuids ,there are 36,950 Files in that folder ! I know most of them came on the 2004 Disk and are so called built in items but i reckon I must have over the last 2 years or so downloaded at least 7,000 + of them from the download station .
Ok think I`ve got it now--------
1----Maps will save what i`m working on in
Surveyor Route
2------ The folder called `Profiles` will save everything that i`ve downloaded to date .
So should the computer crash all i need to do is re-install Tranz ,then from a saved disk load the saved Map and replace the profiles folder !.
Oh Tranz is such fun for a paranoid person like me !!!!!!!.
Thanks again Bill.
P.S not far off Christmas now may i wish you a happy one
John (stockline)

Backup Everything With Trainz Objects

Hi everyone,

Been a while since I visited the Auran forums. I just installed my TRS2004 again and am in the process of adding content from my collection of downloads. I always backup my entire layout content and all using the Trainz Objects utility from TafWeb and then burn a library CD or DVD. This way I have everything needed to install and run the layout whenever I feel like it.

I have Trainz 2006 also, but I just did not like the changes they made from TRS2004 so its been gathering dust since I bought it.

LiveSteam

2------ The folder called `Profiles` will save everything that i`ve downloaded to date .

No. The profile folder just holds all the consists for maps(routes) that you made sessions for (they should all have your kuid number).

The custom assets that you downloaded and may have used in your map are stored in X:\programfiles\auran\trs2004\world\dispatcher\downloads.

new computer running Tranz 2004

Hi all I`d just like to thank all thous who helped me with answers as how to save my creations in Tranz 2004.
I`ve spent the last two days building a new computer eg-------
The lastest Motherboard /AMD Dual Core 4200 Ghz Processor /nVida 7600GT 256 graphics board / 2x new Hard Drives/ 2x DVD writers / 2 Gbs Memory / 19.8 inch Wide Screen TFT monitor.
What a difference it maks to running Tranz 2004, I can now have ALL the settings to MAX without seeing the "Caching" every few seconds ,I can even see hills through the mist/fog in the distance ,every slider in `Performance` is set to Max, also in the past i had to use `DirectX` rather than `OpenGL` , now i`ve tried both and it doesnt seem to make any difference!.
Tranz looks great on a wide screen monitor, and the next job is to install Tranz 2006 and see how that runs ,
2006 is OK but I had so many poblems with `CMP` I went back to 2004 which i cut my teeth on.
Thanks again.
best wishes to all
John (stockline)

contant up-dates

I have 14 items in the " Content Up Dates " when i try to download them its says `re-try` or cancel , they have been on that list for months is there anyway to delete them from the list .Its the list that comes up after i click start.

im using Tranz2010EE (build 44088)
regards `stockline`

I do not know if this will help, but try going into CM and add and set the filters "Location" to "Local" and "Out of date" to "True", then click and drag the assets that you want to update from the list onto the Download Helper, and I believe it will download the latest versions when you click on the "Start" button to start downloading.

Hope this helps. :)

Regards,

Retro.

Back