Can Auran still sell programs (i.e. trainz ect)

whecsailor

Hi all

I am thinking of buying back up disks for my trainz,, maybe just my computer system but I cannot seem to contact Auran.
I know of their issues now and all, just wondering if that precludes any buisness with them too.

thanks again

Mike D

Sorry, the link I put in seem to be dodgy. When google for "auran shop" it's a hit every time atleast for me, so I recon the shop is open.

Last edited:
At the moment Auran would have been shut down for the holidays anyway, so given that and the recent events there, I'd say you're best bet would be to get Trainz products from either a retail store or one of the local distributors like ccordes.

Cheers and Happy Holidays

AJ

Yes, Auran always close down from the Friday before Christmas, until the first or second week of the new year. I would also suggest getting Trainz from a local distributor. It would be quicker.

Chris

I've seen a combined Trainz Classic/TRS2006 pack at "best buy" for 19 US$... .

I don't know, if this is a special price or the standard pricing (was 7 weeks ago)... .

I've found that Auran can take some time to respond to messages. There are several potential reasons for as to why:
-International Date Line / Work Days
-Sheer Distance for information to travel (bandwidth limition, or someone not getting a memo)
-Understaffed or "non-traditional" management
-Number of messages that need to be answered (fanmail?)
-Holiday

When I've needed helpdesk it usually takes them two days to a week to get back to me.

I've also noticed that most of Auran's websites and online shops are slow compared to other websites. I think they have a bad server-network or bandwidth limitation on their end.

Hi all

I am thinking of buying back up disks for my trainz,, maybe just my computer system but I cannot seem to contact Auran.
I know of their issues now and all, just wondering if that precludes any buisness with them too.

thanks again

Mike D

There was a message posted in one of these (General Announcements, if I recall correctly) that Auran was shut down until 7 January. But to answer your question, I would expect that you will still be able to purchase your back-up disks.

ns

Back