FAVORITE ENGINE OFF ALL TIME

Talk about a thread bump!:hehe:

Well, lets see...

Even though 2248 never seems to be working right(stupid grapevine and their lack of funding), she has seemed to be part of my life since I was two, when I rode her 100 birthday train. Got to love the old SP

The Canadian Pacific's 4-4-4s. (The bigger models, specifically.)

CPR_Jubilee_3001.jpg

and the Milwaukee Road Atlantics A and A2.

Milwaukee_A_2.jpg

800px-MILW_No._919.jpg

Just like the looks of both.

To be honest, any coal fired steam engine, east of the rockies are tops in my book, but I have my absolute top 3.

ET&WNC #12
EBT #15
ACL 205

Rock on!
Dusten

I have no favorite locomotive, I love them all too much. :confused: It's true. I like the RS1, 2, 3 etc. As well as those lovely class 66s, and don't forget the EMD GP30! Rebuilt from U25Bs and FAs!

Cheers,
Joshua

I truly enjoy catching a train with plenty of people on board to chat to. This train would be a blast. So could say one of my favorites.

crowded-train.jpg

Cheers

Trent

Please tell me they don't do that while the train is moving. I could imagine that could take a very bad turn rather quickly...

Please tell me they don't do that while the train is moving. I could imagine that could take a very bad turn rather quickly...

Naw, just going about 40mph... 'Tis all. Don't worry, the American's get on board first, and get the seats. Don't forget all the bathroom commendations you really need.

442708825MCxZlc_ph.jpg

Get used to using it standing up! :eek:

There's a story of a poor man on the roof who accidentally touched the catenary on a train once... ZAP! :(

Cheers,
Joshua

Norfolk Southern EMD SD40-2 High Hood ex-Southern is the BEST THERE IS!!!!
2nd will be a GP38-2 High Hood and a SD70 third.

Colorado Territory...

It says 'Location Unknown', but its in Platte Canyon, right near my old hometown of Bailey:

dspp0026.jpg

And yes, LGB did make a model of it...

Edit: As did Ben Neal... (Signature reminded me lol)

My favorite is the CN U2G.

8269.1240014679.jpg

Can anyone guess who this engine is that will be starring in his very own series someday?

Note: I don't own the image so it ain't mine.

Last edited:
Last edited:
My favourite diesel engine is the HST 125 set before the MTU engine was fitted, comes in many different livery's and lasts a lifetime...
persdemu.jpg

Favourite steam engine was the GWR Castle Class from the Great Western Railway, this is the way a great steam engine should look...
castle-2008-web-05.jpg

Mmmmm mouthwatering...:udrool:

Joe Airtime

Back