Serious Problems - Need Help

gundog

Background:
I Purchased Trainz Driver few weeks ago. Worked great but I wanted more.

Purchased Trainz Collection last week. Installed TRS 04 & TRS06 :)

Now I get Fatal Error Message and program dies for both TRS 04/06. :( (I am trying to attach the screenshot JPG, but this asks for a hyperlink - but the image is on my HDD).

Error message reads:
Class:hardware
Reason: Access Violation
Version JET VRRRRR.RR Build 12345.QQQQQ
Exception @ 002DDBD3 in C:\Prgram Files\Aruan\TRS2006\bin\kernal_7c.dll

Revcoverable Exception: yes

EAX: EXB:
ESP: EBP... and it goes on.

Second problem - maybe related... I tried to update my Nvidia driver. When I launched the program it said it cannot install b/c it does not detect a 32 bit OS. (yet I am running Vista).

Thing that surprises me is Driver runs fine!

Any help???

Will give specifics if needed.

Thank you in advance

G-D

8600GT 256 VRAM NVIDIA (2006 driver)
AMD Athelon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800 2.01 Ghz
2046 MB Ram
Vindows Vista Home (32 Bit)

I highly recommend uninstalling everything and re-installing '04 only and have yourself some real fun.;) All your problems should end if you do.:)

Same Problem

I'm having the same problem as Gundog. I'm also using Nvidia. No real support from the Auran techs. Has anybody figured this problem out yet?

Background:
I Purchased Trainz Driver few weeks ago. Worked great but I wanted more.

Purchased Trainz Collection last week. Installed TRS 04 & TRS06 :)

Now I get Fatal Error Message and program dies for both TRS 04/06. :( (I am trying to attach the screenshot JPG, but this asks for a hyperlink - but the image is on my HDD).

Error message reads:
Class:hardware
Reason: Access Violation
Version JET VRRRRR.RR Build 12345.QQQQQ
Exception @ 002DDBD3 in C:\Prgram Files\Aruan\TRS2006\bin\kernal_7c.dll

Revcoverable Exception: yes

EAX: EXB:
ESP: EBP... and it goes on.

Second problem - maybe related... I tried to update my Nvidia driver. When I launched the program it said it cannot install b/c it does not detect a 32 bit OS. (yet I am running Vista).

Thing that surprises me is Driver runs fine!

Any help???

Will give specifics if needed.

Thank you in advance

G-D

8600GT 256 VRAM NVIDIA (2006 driver)
AMD Athelon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800 2.01 Ghz
2046 MB Ram
Vindows Vista Home (32 Bit)

Are you installing the correct drivers for your card and OS?

These are the ones you should be trying:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_169.25_whql.html

See how you go, uninstall everything, including video drivers then install the new drivers, then install either TRS04/TRS06 or TC, whatever you want.

I highly recommend uninstalling everything and re-installing '04 only and have yourself some real fun.;) All your problems should end if you do.:)

What is wrong with the others??

I have TRS04 running on one PC, TRS06 running on another PC and TC running on another, yes I actually have 4 PC's to use and have no problems with any of them.

KenStrout, Auran are currently on holidays, so you may not get a response back for another week or so, the forums are your best source of info and help. Try running TrainzDiag.exe and see if everything on your computer is upto the job of running TRS.

That was mostly for ATi cards, it probably will not make any difference for nVidia.

The best option is to make sure drivers are upto date.

ALSO------------

Also, before opening TRAINZ, shut down ALL "Pop-Up Blockers" "Spy-Ware," "Virus Detection" programs, etc. etc. Close down your Internet connection, Email program, etc.... RUN ONLY TRAINZ and NOTHING ELSE. See if that will fix your problem.

Also, before opening TRAINZ, shut down ALL "Pop-Up Blockers" "Spy-Ware," "Virus Detection" programs, etc. etc. Close down your Internet connection, Email program, etc.... RUN ONLY TRAINZ and NOTHING ELSE. See if that will fix your problem.

I don't think that effects anything. Currently I have Norton Internet Security running, Firefox running, Sketchup running, and Winamp running, while Trainz is running. No problems at all. I've also had multiple programs open with Trainz running on different computers, so I doubt that would solve any problems.

You only really need to do what you described when you are installing Trainz or a different program. :D

It might be worth a try though.

What is wrong with the others??

I have TRS04 running on one PC, TRS06 running on another PC and TC running on another, yes I actually have 4 PC's to use and have no problems with any of them.

That was my point exactly! One game, one PC.:Y:
All content made in '04 will work in the others but not the other way around.:n:
'04 was the 'base' game and everybody should be using it.:Y:

Last edited:
That was my point exactly! One game, one PC.:Y:
All content made in '04 will work in the others but not the other way around.:n:
'04 was the 'base' game and everybody should be using it.:Y:

Then why not uninstall TRS2004 and just use TRS2006?

TRS2006 introduced new features, including some new scripting features that therefore will not work in TRS2004 and will cause more headaches in the form of script errors.

I agree with Ed, uninstall Vista... :)

I'll agree with Ed and also AussieNightcrawler, get rid of Vista. I did.:)

OK, AussieNightcrawler, you missed this, I guess.:eek:

Again, you made my point for me by saying,

TRS2006 introduced new features, including some new scripting features that therefore will not work in TRS2004 and will cause more headaches in the form of script errors.

So, let me repeat myself again,
'04 was the 'base' game and everybody should be using it.
:Y:

Have fun,

You have me confused... :confused:

But I will say this, if everyone used TRS2004 then no one would be able to take advantage of the new features in TRS2006.

Over 80% of all my time is in TRS2006, only reason why TRS2004 is installed on one of my PC's is because gMax is also installed on the same PC. About 5% is spent in TRS2004 while 15% is in TC (though right now its probably around the other way, 80% in TC and 15% in TRS2006).

Back