Changing the default lever when creating new junctions

Paulsw2

Ambling on the slow line
As we all know, when a new junction is created using the track tools in Surveyor, an old fashioned lever is created by default at the point of the junction.

Is it possible to change this default so that something more suitable (such as "UK point motor" for my layout) will be auto added to the route? This would save a lot of time from having to manually change levers to point motors later on! :confused:

I Think you can change them all in one shot useing TrainzMaps. I've used it to change alot of things at one time, you just may be able to do junctions too...

Is it possible to change this default so that something more suitable (such as "UK point motor" for my layout) will be auto added to the route?

No. The default lever has always been the same one since the first version of Trainz appeared. There is no way to change it within the program so that your preferred lever will always be used on every new layout.

There are work-arounds that can set the lever to an alternative one after a new layout has been created - but I have never tried them as I tend to use more than one lever type in a layout (e.g. mainline = motorised automatic, entry/exit to major sidings = mechanical points, siding points - throw-over, etc)

In TRS2006 clone the United Kingdom region <kuid:-1:7803> and replace the 'defaultjunction' tag with a kuid of your own choice.

This will create a new custom region, maps made with this region will use your lever as the new default.

Back