AltoDave's wonderful 0-6-0 switcher - the complete download

Hmmm. A lot to answer. What was missing were the texture files themselves. ("shiny.tga") for example. Had "shiny.texture.txt" that POINTS to the ".tga" file, but no "shiny.tga" file. Was VERY apparent on the refueling arm, (cannot remember the exact name) ALL of the "texture" files were of the old variety, "red.texture" and not .tga files. Replaced them with files I generated and it removed the errors, but I don't know what it will look like! :hehe:

There were a LOT of "tags" that were not right, seems the config.txt files got whacked somehow and put "" where they shouldn't be. Also there were a LOT of inconsistancies with assets from (I believe) older Trainz vs. 06. A lot of tags were not used anymore and I had to delete them... Glad I had the experience to do so and know what to look for!

Tried doing the simulation with the errors, and got no bridges... I'm thinking those were one of the assets with errors because they work fine now.

On to other things, I went ahead and downloaded all of the "Industrail" scenarios, and spent ALL evening editing and cleaning up stuff. Hope I didn't whack anything! If something doesn't work right, I'll try to download it fresh... Had LOTS of files with missing dependencies, and "faults". The engines had almost NO texture files, so I replaced them with the standard Auran engine.

Wish there was a way to back this stuff up so I don't have to edit it again if (heaven forbid!) I get another lightning strike.... :'(

I'll let you know if it works alright. Just flyin through it seems to be ok. Now I'm too burned out on the computer to want to play! Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Forgot to add there WERE things mising from the DLS! Cannot remember the assets, and I did see where to go to the other website and download things. But there were still missing items. Wish I had kept track...

On the Industrail 1a I don't recall anything missing from the DLS, it's what was INSIDE of that asset that was missing. (texture files mostly...) Wierd!

Terry

Phil,
Well, that did not seem to make any difference when I changed :11 to :12 in the gondola's config.txt file. I still got the missing message when I launched and for some reason got nothing but moos when I tried to download. I went ahead and launched and found the 0-6-0 missing! I then went to the railyard and could not get the engine to show but the tender would. I then remembered that sometimes the .tdx file can get corrupted without warning so I deleted it and relaunched TRS2006. Low and behold, the 0-6-0 is back in the railyard and when I launch the IR it comes up in the roundhouse. Interestingly enough when I first launched and let everything settle out the roundhouse and the turntable were not there but the moment I move my position with the arrow keys they popped into view and the next time I launched they were there. By the way, once I did the .tdx delete and let it rebuild, I did not get any warnings on dependencies missing, it went right into the scenario.

Oh, on your question, the marble around the turntable is there and the turntable itself.

I tried the L key in TRS2006 again, and although the indicator on the control panel turns off and on (white and dark gold) the lights to do not turn on. Is there some asset/config setting I am missing?
=gerry=

My "main" lights don't turn on either on the 0-6-0. :( But I CAN get the red / green / white lights on on the front of the engine.

The cobblestone was the texture I was missing (cobble.tga) on the turntable but "found" it in the 120 roundhouse files. Also, the Left roundhouse end was missing other textures, inside was all white! copied all the textures from the Right end files and it looks great now!

Have not had any other troubles with the 1a stuff.

Terry

You must be looking at a different engine the UP 4609 0-6-0 switcher has no lights on the front other than the main head lamp!

You must be looking at a different engine the UP 4609 0-6-0 switcher has no lights on the front other than the main head lamp!

Ahh, but it DOES have other lights on the front! IF you know how to do it! ;) I discovered (?) if you right click on the engine and hit "View Details" you will get a nice little window that allows you to select "Marker lights: none, red, green, white.

(I'm running Trainz 06 SP1, Have NO clue if 04 offers this!)

Image1-3.jpg

Wolf, Terry --

In TRS2004, in Surveyor click on ? in the rolling stock flyout then left click on the loco. A range of options appears - including headlight and marker lights.

I think it should be the same in '06.

Phil

This is awesome now if if we be nice enogh maybe we'll get a 2-8-0 with the same features Yahhhhhh! :cool: But its not likely to happen.:(

I was the orginal creator of this engine and tender (Its the NYC 0-6-0 switcher on the DLS). Autodave revised my mesh. I have the orginal mesh that I would be more then happy to send. Just send me an E-mail.

I was the orginal creator of this engine and tender (Its the NYC 0-6-0 switcher on the DLS). Autodave revised my mesh. I have the orginal mesh that I would be more then happy to send. Just send me an E-mail.

Would you be willing to share how you did the animated bell? Animating it in GMAX isn't the issue, getting it to work in Trainz is where I fall short! Would look GREAT on my General(s)!

I have NO experience with the scripting for Trainz. Someday perhaps I'll have the time and stamina to try and understand the scripting end of the engines.

Terry

Love to take you up on your deal Mr. wgkandsk but I can't model any trainz, well I shouldn't say that. Will you be availible during Christmas?

I'd like to take you up on that offer...

Also, while I have your ear, I'm missing <kuid:36226:54001> from an otherwise complete loco.

Back