AltoDave's wonderful 0-6-0 switcher - the complete download

Tried downloading it again, no difference.

Also, deleted the "kind", and it didn't like that either. It's expecting something for "kind".

Get" Error: Required tag 'kind' is not present. Ensure this is a valid config file.

Once I hear, or figure the correct solution I'll feel like an idiot. I just know it! ;)

Terry

OK --

A quick summary of this little heartbreak loco:
_____

From a clean install it downloads perfectly for me in TRS2004 without any recourse to searching for missing dependencies on the Download Station.

But not for Roy.

aradlaw seems to have got it up and running in TRS2006.

But it's giving Terry a really tough time.

And as for marvschwenke's "I have a dumb question. ... Why can't someone put together a package on the dls with the loco, tender and all required dependencies in the pack?"

Well, that's exactly what the original creator, AltoDave, attempted to do on several occasions, but kinda failed. You will notice that it's up to kuid :4, representing his fourth effort to get the Download Station to capture all the dependencies. Dave disappeared from Trainz shortly after. Whether there is a connection between the two I don't know.
_____

Have we made any progress?

Well, those who now have the switcher should fell a bit smug. Those who haven't - I given it my best shot. And I think, like Dave, I should give up while I'm ahead.

Phil

I have (had) 7 "WAV" assets that are all faulty for the same reason.

FINALLY I "woke up'" and determined what the issue is.

2 "tags" were improper.

Error: The tag '!' is not permitted within this container. (Container type 'library')
Error: The tag 'origin' is not permitted within this container. (Container type 'library')

Simply went in and deleted those tags. (DUHH!) TOLD you I would feel stupid! :eek: Now to test it!

Terry

Ok, got it to work without any errors, :D

BUT!

The shadow file is improper. (evidence of headlamp where none is on top front of boiler).

This is what one of the errrors was, the filename for the shadow was not the same in the config as in the subdirectory.

If anyone can get me the correct file, (I believe it is up_060_shadow.im and texture files associated) I would appreciate it. My current file is atsf_060_shadow.im

Even with that, this is a really NICE engine! Would LOVE to know how he did the animated bell and incorporate that into both of my General's

Thanks!!!

Terry

Hi
I must say, once I dlled the 6 objects Download Helpless :hehe: missed, it worked perfectly.

nice little loco too.

cheers
Roy

Phil, kind of new at this, so pardon my ignorance.

You stated this is "a session for the route "IndustRail 1a". You also stated that I needed the route to work.

What do I download to get the route? Would that be "LARS IndustRail AND ProtoLARS IndustRail?

Thanks!

Terry

Hi Terry --

I'm not sure if it's the same in your TRS2006 as in my '04, but in Surveyor if you click on the "?" in the rolling stock flyout and then on the locomotive you should have a number of choices, including marker lights, headlight type and location, turbo generator, ... . Same for the tender.

Is this a possible cause of your headlight shadow issue?

"You stated this is "a session for the route "IndustRail 1a". You also stated that I needed the route to work."

Yes to the first part. To the second, well not necessarily. What I did was set up the session on a PC with only TRS2004 and IndustRail 1a installed, identify the dependencies that were missing when I attempted to create a session using this locomotive, and added those missing dependencies to the kuid table in the config.txt file of the session.

If you do want to run the session:
Either download IndustRail 1a first.
Or just download the session - the route is one of the dependencies of the session so the route will automatically download.

I'm looking forward to the next iteration of "The General" with bell activation.

Phil

I'm looking forward to the next iteration of "The General" with bell activation.

Phil

ME TOO!!!:D I would LOVE to know how it's done! I think the General(s) would look AWESOME with the bell animated. I'm sure it's in the scripting, (animation wouldn't be an issue), but I have NO knowledge about how to modify the current scripting on the engine(s). Add that to Bob' Pearsons wonderful job of doing the scripting to get it to work realisticly, AND he had to add Pencil42's working front connector to that script. I've studied it somewhat, but have NO clue how to modify it to make the bell animate with the pantograph key the way the UP 0-6-0 does.

IF I get any offers to do so, I'll modify the engine(s) and upload the updated files onto the DLS.

I just uploaded the Civil War General, so I'm waiting on them to authorize it and then I'll make that announcement.

Terry

Also when using this loco you should use the driver called Willie the Gimp or your drivers feet will stick out through the floorboards. This loco gave me a bit of frustration last fall but once I got it fixed it worked great.

Yes, it's working for me in 2006, I gave it a built-in hornsound rather than hunt up the 'prowler' kuid it was looking for.
The animated the bell is neat (panograph button).

Hi Terry --

I'm not sure if it's the same in your TRS2006 as in my '04, but in Surveyor if you click on the "?" in the rolling stock flyout and then on the locomotive you should have a number of choices, including marker lights, headlight type and location, turbo generator, ... . Same for the tender.

Is this a possible cause of your headlight shadow issue?

"You stated this is "a session for the route "IndustRail 1a". You also stated that I needed the route to work."

Yes to the first part. To the second, well not necessarily. What I did was set up the session on a PC with only TRS2004 and IndustRail 1a installed, identify the dependencies that were missing when I attempted to create a session using this locomotive, and added those missing dependencies to the kuid table in the config.txt file of the session.

If you do want to run the session:
Either download IndustRail 1a first.
Or just download the session - the route is one of the dependencies of the session so the route will automatically download.
Phil

1. Ok, even though I can change the LOCATION of the headlamp, the shadow, (see images) still does not "fit" where headlamp is. Also if headlamp is on smokebox, shadow is still on top of boiler. Still not sure if I have the wrong shadow file somehow. Also shadow on stack where it does not belong. (I'm NOT expecting the shadow to move, but expected NO shadow to be where it currently is.)

It's not that big of a deal, but if the right shadow file exists it would be nice if someone would send it to me. (please ;) )

2. Tried downloading IndustRail 1a using CMP, but it wouldn't download it. Only got cow mooing! (gotta change that!!!)

Terry

Image1-1.jpg

I'm running TRS06 with SP1, and have most of those 0-6-0 switchers, I believe the original is the NYC version, so that might be the shadow file your looking for.

FWIW, I did import these from TRS04, so the issues may not have been there at that time, or if they were, they were somehow corrected in TRS04 before I moved all that content over to TRS06.........:wave::wave::wave:

Well, Terry, this is very interesting.

I went back to my other PC with only Trainz2004 and IndustRail 1a on it and downloaded my 0-6-0 session.

In previous tests Download Helper always downloaded all the dependencies for the locomotive. This time it missed four. Nothing like inconsistency to further confuse the issue!

Hey, wot shadow? I see no shadows, apart from those from the tender bogeys. Why does Terry have shadows and I don't?

Then I discover that the loco and tender config.txt file are calling up the wrong shadow file - referencing back to a up.im rather than the correct atsf.im file.

Correct this and find the exact same error that you show in your screen shot.

I've had this before in other items of rolling stock and found it so damn annoying that I've deleted the reference to the shadow all together.

So I think we all have the same shadow file. It's just that it's not visible unless the config.txt file is edited.

Phil

Ok. Yea, I've seen it before on rolling stock, like when someone makes a flatcar out of a boxcar. Box shadow is still there on the flatcar!

Oh well, something I'll overlook on this one. It IS a nice engine! Love the realistic ones!

Terry

Terry --

I've found the reason for the shadow issue.

This UP switcher is based on Dave's earlier ATSF 0-6-0 switcher. Dave added some features, like the the movable headlight and turbo generator, and altered a few of the proportions, like the smokebox and chimney height. The latter is particularly obvious when you stand the two together.

However, the UP switcher retains the ATSF shadow file, hence the effect that you see.

Soooo - if you want a shadow, use the ATSF; if you want the full feature list, use the UP and delete the shadow reference in the config.txt file.

You've noticed the air compressor animation?

Phil

By the way, the ATSF will be a no-show unless you have Prowler's whistle installed. The easiest option is to change the alias of the whistle of the ATSF to that used by the UP version.

Hmmm. Missed the air compressor animation. Will have to focus in on that!

Not sure what you mean by "change the alias of the whistle of the ATSF to that used by the UP version"

Funny thing, Industrail 1a decided it WOULD download today, and I started to do so. My FCT expired some time ago, and it was taking a long time, so I purchased another FCT and after about 20 min or so it goes a LOT faster, but then said I used up my limit. Guess the "limit" doesn't update that fast. Too bad! I'll have to continue tomorrow.

Thanks!

Terry

Well,

1. I HATE to be ignorant :confused:
2. I HATE to be a pest :eek:

But I "successfully" downloaded Industrail 1a and it's full of errors. (Just my luck!)

What I don't understand is how I can download something from the DLS, and it's missing files!!! I can understand diferences in 2004 vs 2006, (tags), but missing files? (see last "error" below) All of the other items are easy enough to fix with editing.

Typically it's "Error: The tag 'xxxxxx' is not permitted within this container. (Container type 'xxxxxx')

or

Error: The texture 'c:\games\trs2006/local/content i471wp4k95/door5.jpg' is not a power of 2, please resize it.

or

Error: Could not load texture 'c:\games\trs2006/local/content am35xy77507\cobbles.jpg'. It can't load it because it isn't even there!

KUIDs I'm mostly having trouble with are:
Unknown Location: <kuid:102657:40011> THIS ONE IS MISSING ENTIRELY, NOT SURE WHAT IT EVEN IS????

The below are missing texture files
Faulty 120 ft Roundhouse Left End
Faulty 120 ft Turntable Track
Faulty Factory Complex
Faulty Fuel Crane right
Faulty Philskene Industries LTD

There are several more, but they simply need to be edited to fix bad "tags" or textures not being X 2

IF someone could send me the above files I would appreciate it.

Terry

Hod do you point to newer kuid & could light be added

Hi,
Download both from DLS and from site mention for one missing set of kuids. Installed under TRS2006 and launched after commit. TRS wanted to visit DLS and get more so let it. When finished launched driver scenario and got not that something still missing. Told it to look and it came back and said kuid2:75134:99001:11 could not be found. Discovered kuid2:75134:99001:12 is built in.

The question is, where do I go to change kuid id in scenario so it will quit trying for :11 and use :12?

My other question is, can this great 0-6-0 switcher be modified easily to allow the headlight to be turned on and off easily or is that a major undertaking for the author?

Thanks for comments & help on both issues,
=gerry=

Hi gerry --

Of the two posts above, yours is the easiest to answer, so I'll attempt it first.

"The question is, where do I go to change kuid id in scenario so it will quit trying for :11 and use :12?"

75134:99001 is ElDavo's Chameleon livery system library. In the session 75134:99001:11 is being called up by Maddy's 52' Railgon gondola, kuid 124017:5013. Chameleon allows two different skins to show on this gondola mesh.

Hunt down the gondola with CMP, right click on it, select Open in Explorer and the folder containing the gondola will open. Double click on the config.txt file and edit it to change the :11 to :12. Save. Remember to commit.

" ... can this great 0-6-0 switcher be modified easily to allow the headlight to be turned on and off easily ... "

With my version of TRS, the L-key turns the headlight on and off. I'm not sure, but is this the question you wanted to ask?

Now, gerry, can you do me a favor. Terry above is having tremendous difficulty with, amongst other issues, cobblestones and turntable textures. You are running '06. When you first jump into the session you are at the Lys loco depot. Do the cobblestones show for you? And the turntable?

Hi Terry --

You are doing a good job. I get almost no feedback about routes and sessions, so I just continue merrily on using assumption that everything is peaches.

Maybe it's not.

You will certainly find that many older (and even not so old) assets will make CMP cough up an error message. However, in most cases the they do work in the simulation. Do you see the cobblestones and turntables?

Nothing should be actually "missing" in the sense that it's not on the Download Station. All the dependencies for this route are either built-in or taken from the DLS, but I'd be very surprised if any route passes the CMP error check inquisition. In TRS2006 error messages seem to be a fact of life.

Phil

Back