Weird things happening up north(Junctions)

caddylars

Alphadog
Todays case.
This is not funny:mad:
I've almost finished my route, and it all goes to h...
When i've fired up Trainz this morning, one of my junctions looked like something out of a cartoon.
And theres nothing i can do:(
Can delete everything but the double strech and the line to the right.
Cannot level the tracks, add a splinepoint or... Hech i cant do anything about this.

Look at that bridge... its supposed to be straight.

I've got no faulty stuff, or any missing dependensies.

Any sugestions?

caddylars

Last edited:
Well I have had similar experiences. Did you do an undo at some stage. I've found that when a layout reaches a certain size an undo causes splines to run off in all directions, especially the ones that I had recently created. It can be any spline from track to fences and houses etc.

That track that veers off to the right, follow it and see where it leads. My guess is it will have either flown off the baseboard to infinity or looped and come back somewhere close. Track inserting a spline point some place else and deleting the offending track. Either that or cut the adjoining track off short either side of it and then try to delete it. Same with the bridge. Isolate it and then delete it. Try not to do anymore undos. If your layout has started to get big you should save it as another name as well so that you have a back-up. You work on one and keep saving it as the two names, say every 10 mins. You stuff one up, close it and open the other.

Best I can offer my friend.

remember....ITS OLNY A GAME

:D :D :p You got me there...

Caddylars

Well I have had similar experiences. Did you do an undo at some stage. I've found that when a layout reaches a certain size an undo causes splines to run off in all directions, especially the ones that I had recently created. It can be any spline from track to fences and houses etc.

That track that veers off to the right, follow it and see where it leads. My guess is it will have either flown off the baseboard to infinity or looped and come back somewhere close. Track inserting a spline point some place else and deleting the offending track. Either that or cut the adjoining track off short either side of it and then try to delete it. Same with the bridge. Isolate it and then delete it. Try not to do anymore undos. If your layout has started to get big you should save it as another name as well so that you have a back-up. You work on one and keep saving it as the two names, say every 10 mins. You stuff one up, close it and open the other.

Best I can offer my friend.

Thanks Escafeld, i will give it a try.

caddylars

STRANGE ...

hhhhhmmmmm ... i had this problem but with splines not tracks, and the layout was 4 straight tracks, half an untextured board long and a few platforms. Hardly memory consuming :confused: is it ?

BTW are you running DirectX or OpenGL, i only had this problem after going to DirectX for other reasons :eek:

Thanks,

:DGangsta_Boi:D

P.S. This only happens after i do an "undo" action, using CTRL+Z, any ideas ?

Last edited:
This is starting to get spooky....

Found the track shuting of to eternity, deleted it in a proper place.
Deleted the bridge, but could not delete the track.
But as i started to get really pist off, i tried delete it in objects category.
BAAM.... problem solved, everything is back to normal again.

Guess we should start a "Ban the undo button" campaign.:D

Anyway, i'll have to give escafeld credit for this one;)

Caddylars

Back