Route backdrop

arum

USLW Creator/ TCS
I'm building a route with dem data and I want to put trees on the hills along my mainline. The issue is that the draw distance in trainz is too close to be, well, visually appealing due to the fact that you can watch the trees and other objects drawn as the train approaches. I've turned the draw distance up all the way and you still dont see the trees in the distance. How can I remedy this problem? Backdrops or something else?

Thanks in advance! (I'll post pictures if you need a clearer explanation.)

Here they are...

This shows the trees part up the hill.

This one shows more trees as you near the hill.(same hill)
I want to know how to get all the trees drawn on the hill sooner so that when your with the engine you dont see them appear form no where (picture one and the all of the sudden picture 2)

What you may need is a little utility program called Trainz Tuner 1.1 which allows you to increase your draw distance beyond Trainz' normal maximum. The trade off is that you will take a hit on framerates.

What you may need is a little utility program called Trainz Tuner 1.1 which allows you to increase your draw distance beyond Trainz' normal maximum. The trade off is that you will take a hit on framerates.

You can get Trainztuner 1.1 from http://alexc.planetaclix.pt/software.html

but hurry because Alex is updating his site.

That will allow you to manipulate the scenery and object draw distance, if you have a reasonably fast PC you should get away with about 3km distance and that problem will go away

also use a slight amount of daytime fog, that helps the illusion too

Back