What's Next, Auran?

TrainMan12

With the release of KRS US Version in January, and the "legendary"
MSTS X in the Fall of '08, Auran will need to come out with a new version (Besides TC) if they want to stay in the Train Simulation market. Not saying this isn't possible, Auran just needs to redo the Jet engine, and with some added creativity, Auran COULD take the lead on Train Simulators. I was just wondering if they had anything planned.

I'm trying to be objective here. From what I've seen of KRS, and not knowing really how MSTS 2 will turn out, but assuming it will still lack Trainz functionality....I would venture to guess that Trainz 2004, 2006, and Classics will still be the best for some. That's without a new game engine, and with the same old boring creativity we've seen since 2001.

It depends on what you value in a simulator. Trainz is, has always been the most versatile simulator as far as functionality goes.

Good luck with your sim of choice.

Ed;)

I Would Like to Hear From Auran....

It would be nice to hear some future Trainz product announcement from Auran. :eek: Any discussion otherwise would be pure speculation.:confused:

Comparisons

I have used Trainz from, well, Trainz.... So I have seen the updates coming on line up to 2004 when I stopped. This was not because 2006 was any better or worse, but mainly due to the fact that as I created routes, moving to 06 would limit their availability.

I have also used MSTS and wasn't impressed. It IS a good program, make no mistake, but for me the complexity of creating a route was far more difficult than in any version of Trainz.
Also at that time when running a session in MSTS it meant only your loco was on the lines so the whole thing was very threadbare in that respect. After all, you do tend to meet other trains on lines....

We all know that the Auran Jet is not really an up-to-date tool and fails to recognise new technology, which is a great pity. But on the whole Trainz in all its versions will still take a lot of beating even by new 'opponent' programs, whatever their name.

Yes, we moan about things, but it does need an overall view to truly judge this amazing program and I am still right behind it.

If Auran can update the engine that runs it, and even as importantly, make an upgrade available to all versions (I know that's a tall order) then they will, in my view, still have the best program on the market for ease of use, functions and options and the amazing Download Station support. And of course there is the immense following that Trainz has attracted and keeps, seen in one of its forms on this very forum.

We will need to go a long, long way to find anything that encompasses all there factors, so let us give Auran our support and a good few gentle nudges to get things moving along these lines.

A dedicated Trainz fan.

Angela

It would be nice to hear some future Trainz product announcement from Auran. :eek: Any discussion otherwise would be pure speculation.:confused:
I'm pretty sure they did announce something, but did a quick turn around. But still it wasn't a version 3.0 announcement.

I'm trying to be objective here. From what I've seen of KRS, and not knowing really how MSTS 2 will turn out, but assuming it will still lack Trainz functionality....I would venture to guess that Trainz 2004, 2006, and Classics will still be the best for some. That's without a new game engine, and with the same old boring creativity we've seen since 2001.

It depends on what you value in a simulator. Trainz is, has always been the most versatile simulator as far as functionality goes.

Good luck with your sim of choice.

Ed;)

I agree. neither KRS nor MSTS2 (technically MSTS3 if you think about it) will ever have all the fun features that Trainz has had for so long....

MsTs now is bad,the textures on the marias pass route and like squres,but i still like it.:eek: :hehe:
You really need to run more recent routes.....I haven't run any of the six built-in routes for a few years...:sleep:
After a couple of years of speculation on KRS, it was reaching legendary status in many people's mind....it's release would surely spell the doom of Trainz if Auran didn't do something to avert certain disaster.....then the release of KRS came and reality quickly deflated speculation....now we brace ourselves for the coming speculation on MSTS-X, which has breathed new life into the Chicken Littles of the train sim world...:hehe:

As stated....the versatility of the Trainz sim is it's strength...:cool:

My suggestions for next version of Trainz:

Call up a dialog box, enter number of tracks and length of tracks, and click on end of existing tracks.
Call up a dialog box, enter number of tracks, radius of tracks, and angle of arc, and click on end of existing tracks.
Call up a dialog box, specify type of junction (track switch in USA), and click anywhere along the tracks.
Call up a dialog box, specify radius of curved track, and click on two pieces of track to form a curved track between two pieces of track much like "Fillet" command in CAD programs.
Place industries and stations anywhere along the tracks.

I am worried about the future of Trainz. I have been reading forums related to Kuju Rail Simulator and found out that Kuju intented to improve KRS using patches and development tools. I printed out the documents on using the tools to create content for KRS. If I lived in UK instead of USA, I would be using KRS right now. I can't wait about two months for US version of KRS.

I am worried about the future of Trainz. I have been reading forums related to Kuju Rail Simulator and found out that Kuju intented to improve KRS using patches and development tools.

They've got a multi-page bug list to work on first before they get around to any improvements.

Mike.

They've got a multi-page bug list to work on first before they get around to any improvements.

Mike.

Quoted for truth.

Even with TC, there are tons of bugs. Fix what's wrong now, then add-on features so you won't be overwhelmed with bugs to fix.

In what is sure to appeal to both steam and diesel enthusiast alike, Trainz Classics 3rd Edition will feature the famous U.K. based route of Settle-Carlisle centered around the 1960s in the North of England. Auran follows the successful release of Trainz Classics 1st and 2nd Edition with this highly detailed and prototypically accurate route.

Each new release of Trainz Classics is centered around a particular period in railway history, a particular traction type or a prototypical route. Settle-Carlisle will focus on steam and diesel freight and passenger operations around the late 1950s and '60s

This stretch of railway must arguably be some of the most famous track in the country. In the 1960s the passenger and goods services on the S&C were in transition. Although still one of the three major Anglo-Scottish routes its importance had been steadily downgraded since it had been grouped into the London Midland & Scottish Railway (LMS) in 1923. The frequency of express trains had been much reduced and the Manchester and Liverpool to Scotland expresses had been diverted to the West Coast main line many years previously. A sparse local passenger service covered the needs of the equally sparse population. Levels of through goods services were still high, mainly semi and fully fitted freight. The majority of these trains between the industrial centres of England and Scotland traversed the S&C at night. The block trains of anhydrite from Long Meg mine were a feature of the S&C together with the limestone and lime trucks which were collected daily from the limestone quarries and lime kilns in the Ribble Valley. Additionally there were the daily pick up goods trains, visiting the sheds, docks and sidings that were an integral part of most of the railway stations on the line.

Trainz Classics 3rd edition will ship complete with a number of Driver Sessions already configured for you to complete and take advantage of the rich history that surrounds this line. Each session will have an 'active' version in which you are at the controls and a 'passive' version where the auto (AI) driver will take charge and allow you to watch and learn as it goes through the required steps to complete the activities.

New features and improvements extend the possibilities with this latest edition.
-Updated Steam Characteristics, including particle effects, improved steam sounds and content
-New Semaphore Signalling, including New logic, New models and New animations
-Where appropriate, each locomotive has the AWS (Automatic Warning System) safety system in use at the prevailing time represented.
-Improved Passenger Asset Support
-Updated Interface including new steam locomotive controls

The Settle-Carlisle route has been painstakingly recreated by rail-sim.co.uk, the same team that created Hawes Junction for TRS2006. You can see more of their work at www.rail-sim.co.uk

For more details about Trainz Classics 3rd Edition, please visit http://www.trainzclassics.co.uk/

Full details will be available on the Trainz Classics website in coming days at http://www.trainzclassics.com

Cheers.

What About Surveyor Improvements?

New features and improvements extend the possibilities with this latest edition.
-Updated Steam Characteristics, including particle effects, improved steam sounds and content
-New Semaphore Signalling, including New logic, New models and New animations
-Where appropriate, each locomotive has the AWS (Automatic Warning System) safety system in use at the prevailing time represented.
-Improved Passenger Asset Support
-Updated Interface including new steam locomotive controls

Cheers.

Hummm...Much improvement in driver mode. Any improvements to surveyor? I remember reading, in the news letter I think, that there was to be creators addition of TC. Is that still in the works?

Thanks for the response Lance:wave:

Hi,

Me also wonder about the Creator's Edition of TC :)

I would love that - but I guess it will come down the line.

Linda

I will stick with 06 for now until a new full version is released.I can't see the advantage in buying small improvements in installments which are all stand alone.It's like getting back to the old gaming days of finished that bin it & go onto the next & see if it's any better with a bigger gun.

If Trainz had started out this way I don't think I would have given it a second look.

If classics is so good why are most who have it trying to turn it into 04 or 06, from what I read because that is what most of us want 04 or 06 with the improvements.

Does anyone use TC as is without trying to import/export content from other version in some way?

Dave

Ed;)

Hi Ed,

So true good friend!!!

It's why I'll stick with Trainz previous products Trainz 04/06 .... Hopefully Auran can get over this module idea in a year or two, and give us a new more powerful full trainz simulation with a new game engine. As we all know computer graphic cards, motherboards, etc are becoming more powerful each day. Perhaps, as I have started on other threads, RSP could possibility resurface from paper to reality:hehe:

Only time will tell!! :wave:

Ishie

Back