Australian screenshots

Hey All,

Don't you love it when you see a great view and go to take a SS and to have it ruined by a clumsy tree (sarcastic look)

azervich_20110807_0102.jpg

-Aaron

Aaron: *walks up to the Foreman*
Foreman: Is there something wrong?
Aaron: Ummmm, yeah, kinda.
Foreman: Well, what is it?
Aaron: *explains to the Foreman* I'm in the dirt, I was Rolling to the table and went on Facebook for a min and felt the loco go in the dirt.
Foreman: What!?

azervich_20110809_0008.jpg

-Aaron

Aaron: *walks up to the Foreman*
Foreman: Is there something wrong?
Aaron: Ummmm, yeah, kinda.
Foreman: Well, what is it?
Aaron: *explains to the Foreman* I'm in the dirt, I was Rolling to the table and went on Facebook for a min and felt the loco go in the dirt.
Foreman: What!?

snip

-Aaron

It appears Facebook doesn't just ruin your studies and people's real social lives:hehe:

Tim

taggy_20110808_0000.jpg

taggy_20110808_0001.jpg

taggy_20110808_0002.jpg

I've finally got the chance to take dave's updated Endevour out for a spin and I have to say it looks awesome! The crispness in the detail is amazing, so well done to you david! :)

The above scence's are taken at George's Plain loop where the ARTC are carrying out trackwork.

(Nice shots fellas btw :) )

Hello Aaron,
I finally worked out what is happening in Trainz 12. About 3.00 am I got this shot with my new Sony camera. Your've seen the add on TV, It turns night time into Day time.. Check my results here :)

The Up goods arrives Ballan to cross the Dimboola Express goods.
You should hear these diminutive little engines bark out of sequence as they climb the grade :p And when you drift into the yard to stop at the home, the puffing instantly mutes and things sound real. I wonder if the dynamo and the steam sounds could be heightened a bit in drift, with the air compressor hammering away, even the side rods clanking as she rolls to a stop?? Is Trainz capable of doing this? Given the material, I feel you will be the one to get it happening :)
Not only are you doing a fine job learning how to build things into Trainz, you are doing very nicely with your engine files and sound stuff.
The only thing that did not work in 12 was the tender numbering system. It says it is automatically numbered, but with a different number to the engine. Fortunately this "different" number does not show, but unfortunately you cannot manually set the correct number either.
Cheers
Rod

doubleyl.jpg

Cheers
Rod

Rod, I thought you can change the number, using '?' and choosing it

IMHO ARN is pointless on tenders, as it almost never is the same as the loco, if you set it, it makes more sense

Jamie

Hello jamie
We need some connection between an engine and tender that automatically numbers the tender when the engine is hooked on. I though someone was working on it back in 2005??
Anyway in this case I could not manually (?) add a number either :D
Cheers
Rod

Rod, from my experience (being the other beta tester for the Y) is that the ARN doesn't work on neither loco nor tender as they are still WIPs and are thus 'incomplete' The main idea behind Azza's beta was testing animations and e-specs, of which Aaron's a bit of a wiz. The enginesound he used isn't his, but a DLS varient of a 175 psi boiler. Sounds real meaty:hehe:

As for the 'compressor' thing I'm sure its possible with a script. Many current JR stock and othedr diesel locos has sound effect scripts that sound seperately to the actual enginesound. It would be very nice to have one for Narrowgauge's NAs. Those familiar with NAs would (or especially the PBR's 861) has a very distinct compression 'huff huff'

Cheers
Tim

Hi Rod,

Glad you like the Loco :)

Zec is working on the auto-update for the tenders, he's talked about it in one of the threads over at VT, I have those tenders set to manual update for the time being, once there 100% completed I'll be removing the alpha-numbers for texture-replace numbers so they can be weathered to the prototype same way I did with the M class in the Beta section :)

Edit:

Hi Timo,

I have thought about having my own compressor sounds so they play based on the animation and compressor smoke chuff, yes, I have the compressor animated on the version I sent Rod and Zec :) , problem is I'll need my own enginesound as the ones on dls have the compressor in them and it'll have to be a silent one so the scripted one can work.

Cheers.
-Aaron

Last edited:
Shots around Faxton...
N466 hauls a freight (mainly made up of wheat sacks) into Faxton before awaiting a cross with a down 'Peanut' before continuing onward...
Exiting Faxton cutting before riding the embankment into the yard (note, to the right of the pic is a memorial garden, more pics soon)
Faxton3.jpg

Having made the cross with the B hauled 'Peanut' N466 rapidly accelerates out of the station limits heading south.
Faxton4-1.jpg

N466 (having past the heat silo) crosses the level crossing at the southern limit of the yard
Faxton5.jpg

Cheers
Tim

Some shots from my WIP Gretalbane to Endoline

Gretalbane to Endoline is only a working title at the moment as the layout is constantly evolving. It consists of 4 DEMS that I've downloaded from the DLS and all were created by FishLipsatwork with odds bits of my own and some modules by mattm thrown in for good measure. Gretalbane was the original start point simply because it was at one edge of the DEM. It is now the middle of the whole layout however I've not yet begun to build or texture past that point yet. Endoline is so named because it is, well, the end of the line. Anyway here are some shots:

A cattle train crosses the river on approach to Dunbraggin and the end of the branch line.

A view from the cab of the Up rail motor as it appraoches Vindahlu silos.

The local Police station in Nilligottim. This highlighted to me the fact that there's not many Australian police stations available. This is actually three models combined.

The Down midday Explorer departs Castlereagh station limits as it proceeds onto the Dunbraggin branch.

Hope you like the screenies. Hopefully more later.

Railwayz

Thanks to [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Imageshack[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] for[/FONT] Free Image Hosting

Last edited:
It consists of 4 DEMS that I've downloaded from the DLS and all were created by FishLipsatwork with odds bits of my own and some modules by mattm thrown in for good measure.

Glad you find my modules useful, Railwayz. Good to see them being put to use.

I have about a dozen more in various stages of 'completion.' I should really finish them some day, and upload them all.

Great shots all.

Matt.

Your modules are useful as a starting point matt. Nilligottim has grown a bit and been raised 84 metres to fit in with the DEM's either side of it. I'm starting to have trouble with the whole layout as everytime I save it and then try to drive it I end up with broken rails somewhere like this:

Which leads to this:

After deciding that TS2010 was having too many problems I decided to archive and move the whole thing over to TS2012. This is the result looking toward Nilligottim. The rest of the layout is the same:

For the life of me I can't work out why nothing is showing up in game. The objects are there because I can delete them, select them and move them. I've done an extended database repair, tried re-installing the assets, everything I can think of. If anybody has any ideas I'd like to hear them.

Railwayz
Thanks to [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Imageshack[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] for[/FONT] Free Image Hosting

Last edited:
I've finally got the chance to take dave's updated Endevour out for a spin and I have to say it looks awesome! The crispness in the detail is amazing, so well done to you david! :)

The above scence's are taken at George's Plain loop where the ARTC are carrying out trackwork.

(Nice shots fellas btw :) )

Nice shots Taggy,What wagons are those on the 44?

Cheers Harry

G'day everyone...
As promised, some pics of the memorial garden I mentioned earlier...

A shot from the carpark looking east
Faxton6.jpg

The garden overlooks the embankment into Faxton and poses a great vantage point for watching trains
Faxton8.jpg

A shot from the roadbridge crossing the track at Faxton cutting... includes the bus stop and carpark
Faxton7.jpg

And finally, the main memorial remembering one of our most loved members...
Faxton9.jpg

This is the only custom made (or in this case 'skinned' content on the route, so if I do choose to release it I only have to go to one creator for permission to release it)

As time and work goes on, the more fond I'm becoming of this route. However, sadly, it my be one of my last as I start year 11 next year and am more than likely forced to give up Trainz for work and other VCE-type commitments, and that will be a very hard thing, so if this is my last effort, I'm destined to make it my best...

Cheers
Tim

Back