Australian screenshots

15144948hnjt7mm0.jpg

15145239frjdkjao.jpg

1514554d2mxqoj6.jpg

151457122vvemsgt.jpg

Having imported Pikkabirds QR SX/SXV cars into TRS2012, they all show up just fine, except for SXV's, which show THIS....

muliebuck201105150020.jpg

I honestly don't know whats wrong, nor how to fix it, as its ruining an otherwise nice 'older' style QR passenger car....

*edit* its only the QR SXV 'standard' guage carriage, the 3'6" one is fine, go figure.

Somehow we need to talk Pikka into coming back to Trainz so he can fix that. Who's good at being annoying and constantly harrassing Pikka to come back??:p

I agree whole heartedly, one of the talented creators I've been watching for some time, has really taken to surveyor and found his niche I believe, from a struggling start, with help and support, he now procues such things that look like reality, so kudos too you Forestrunner, you've done exceptionally well, and look forward to more wonderful things from you :)

Really great shots Forest!

I agree whole heartedly, one of the talented creators I've been watching for some time, has really taken to surveyor and found his niche I believe, from a struggling start, with help and support, he now procues such things that look like reality, so kudos too you Forestrunner, you've done exceptionally well, and look forward to more wonderful things from you :)

Thanks fellas. Awww shucks Mulie... I don't know what to say. Bear in mind however, it was yourself and Axe who started me down the dark path... and forever willl it dominate my destiny :p

My downfall is texturing. I suck at it and find it the most boring piece of route creation... it's a real motivational downer for me at times. This is my major obstacle to making a larger route for the sim... and sometimes time/real life can be as well. I quite often find myself revisiting uploaded works of others (again, yourself, Axe and throw in Tanvaras & Rastis), to borrow texturing ideas.

The regular posters in this thread (too many to name!!) epitomise all that's good about this community. Other than the chat here... there's so much encouragement and inspiring of one another, and then subsequently feeding off that.

Simon - what are the shrubbery and Foilage in Your shot here?? Is it Pofig's trees lowered??

Jamie

Hey Jamie... it's Pofig's stuff, but it's regular shubbery. That particular group is named... 3D1_Pg_SLD_K5_5_2864. Now I've never been able to understand the naming conventions of his trees/foliage, but I only have packs ST3, ST4, ST5 and ST7 (so far!). Hope that helps some.

Just spent the last half hour back in Trainz. Worked on my extended Tarin rocks to ??? route. I decided to convert/test all my rail/track-age to the good looking rail. (Uk-bulk ...something). Here are the quick results...

Got to work out how to apply all those "frogs" correctly and quickly.
Regards

Nice shots
Axe I sent a PM
Cheers
Rod

Forest_Runner, good to see a screenie or two from yourself once more.

@Muliebuck, you are a module-making manic!:eek::eek:

I am in awe of the speed with which you seem too be able to crank them out.

Will any of your recent works be appearing on the DLS?

Cheers,

Matt.

Kentith
Thanks for the compliments there have been many great screenshots on here. The one thing i like about this thread is the variety of maps and Locations recreated especially those locations that feature areas outside the Standard Gauge locations, its these maps that bring the variety and diversity of Australian Railways.

ghosty

Mattm: Indeed they will be (and are!) appearing on the DLS, but I'm making them now in TRS2012, more as an 'experimental project', and I honestly don't know if they can be 'backdated' to TRS2010, I suspect it'll be possible, but then I'll probably lose these wonderful 'aussie' gum trees I've fallen in love with. As for 'how' I do it, the secret is, I cheat - I have a wide assortment of baseboards (just single ones) with assorted blended textures, I merge one of these with the 'new' route, copy the textures over, then delete the 'merged' route, and continue building. Its a very time-wise effective method, and produces quite reasonable results. Of course, the fact its minimalist scenery helps immensely as well (no large built-up towns, etc etc etc), as I like to build old, run down and 'derelect' type modules.

To continue the 'north of the border' thread, how about an old, derelict and forgotten little branch, titled...QR Crawford.

muliebuck201105160007.jpg

muliebuck201105160008.jpg

muliebuck201105160009.jpg

Last edited:
Noice shots fellas! Thanks to FR for posting after me and making mine look sh!t! :p

Anyway, I have given the module thingy a go and have come up with this. If you guys like it, I will put it on the DLS.

taggy_20110516_0004.jpg

Our gunzel was a bit trigger happy.....

taggy_20110516_0005.jpg

but got the arriving PN Intermodal second time round. :)

taggy_20110516_0006.jpg

Which was put in the loop at Coolabong for the PN Grain, headed by triple 48's.

Looks aright to me Taggy, just some 'observations' if I may :) Mix up that 'texture' a bit with some others, just to 'break up' the pattern, and replace those 'old' style gum trees with some different 'gums' like in the foreground, and I think you got a winner, I for one wouldn't mind giving it a go-over when you're happy with it :)

Taggy, looks alright so far. I agree with Muliebuck; the textures need a little work, but overall, nice work.

As for 'how' I do it, the secret is, I cheat - I have a wide assortment of baseboards (just single ones) with assorted blended textures, I merge one of these with the 'new' route, copy the textures over, then delete the 'merged' route, and continue building. Its a very time-wise effective method, and produces quite reasonable results.

That takes a lot of the magic out of it Muliebuck, now i know how you do it!:(

Mind you, I might just give that a go myself!

Matt.

That takes a lot of the magic out of it Muliebuck, now i know how you do it!:(

Matt.

Matt,
I have heard or seen that piece of advice or trickery or whatever you want to call it, around the forum before, so I don't think Mules is the only one who does it or uses it. I would think when you are building large maps or continuously building maps, it would be handy to have a couple of boards that have the ground you want to be able to copy from. As I said, it would seem to be standard use for some of the more prolific builders amongst us. Not that everyone doesit but some apparently do and it is still up to some skill as to what they use and how. Still got my admiration.
Regards
Glen

Back