Australian screenshots

davido_20101006_0009.jpg

Hey davido, is that caterary yours, if so why did you remove, it looks superb

A number of 44 class remain in regular service in the Sydney metro area, with Independent Rail and P&O Trans Australia (soon to be QUBE Rail).

4497 and 4458 are now painted silver with Independent Rail logos, and are being used on a new container service between Leightonfield and Botany, sadly running at dark o'clock in both directions from what I am told.

4498 is another IRA regular, and until recently still wore it's SRA Red Terror livery. This had been heavily graffitied, and has recently been repainted in an all over shade of red very similar to the old Red Terror livery (although without the SRA logos). The understand IRA are refurbishing another 44 at Minto, with 4483 (the 44 in SSR colours) playing the role of parts donor to keep the remaining units running. One can usually see at least one or two 44's around the Cooks River area, and they are often used on the Cooks River to Botany container trip, as well as in push-pull configuration on the Minto train.

P&OTrans Australia bought two 44 class from CFCLA, 4471 and 4477. They have had their CF logos painted out, but otherwise look as they did in lease service. They were purchased to run the Yennora to Botany container shuttle for P&O, although they have found their way onto regional services as trailing units. Their poor mechanical condition means that they only ran as a pair for a short while, with one usually out for maintenance at any given time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/raichase/3440482709/in/set-72157607989473243/

That is '71 while in CF lease service, running for Patrick PortLink.

Finally, although they are officially "preserved", 4473 and 4486 are often seen working work trains during weekend shutdowns.

And to add to that excellent info from Raichase:

?4465 (Werris Creek)?

were saved and most are operational now with various groups.

Continuing the OT for perhaps one post more...

4401 - At the LES in Sydney requiring new wheels.
4403 - Currently in the care of ARHS ACT, with some minor work to be done. Still operational, and still wearing the modified FC blue scheme.
4464 - At the LES in Sydney, preparing to be relaunched into service - expect the official launch to be early in the new year...
?4465 (Werris Creek)? (I'm not sure about this unit)
4468 - At ARHS ACT undergoing a full on restoration, as I understand it when the unit was aquired from CFCLA, it was mechanically pretty average.
4490 - Rail Heritage unit in the care of the NSWRTM.

Whoops, forgot to a couple. Better try this again! :p

4401 – Owned by RailCorp Loaned to 01 LTD, operation
4403 – Owned by RailCorp Loaned to ARHS Act
4420 – Dorrigo Steam Railway and Museum
4464 - Lachlan ALCO group
4465 - Privately Owned (Werris Creek)
4468 - Australian Railway Historical Society, ACT division
4472 - HVRT
4473 - Lachlan ALCO group
4486 - Lachlan ALCO group
4490 – New South Wales Rail Transport Museum, Thirlmere, NSW

44's still in use:

4471 - P&O Transit
4477 - P&O Transit
4458 - IRA
4461 - IRA
4483 - IRA
4488 - IRA
4497 - IRA
4498 - IRA

Hopefully I haven't missed any this time!! :D

Better post a screenie to:
taggy_20090831_0001.jpg

A 620/720 set arrives at Uralga on a morning service. The piccy is taken from a young railfan for a shop front on the main street

Nice pic Davido,I seen those two loco's today actually.They were on a ballast train thats here in Albury/Wodonga re-ballasting the line.
Cheers Mick.

Nice pic Davido,I seen those two loco's today actually.They were on a ballast train thats here in Albury/Wodonga re-ballasting the line.
Cheers Mick.

matruck, only one 44 was painted in the SSR scheme, and it's sitting out of service in Sydney.

S317 and GM10(?) have been seen in the Albury area doing some ballasting work, perhaps those were the locos you saw?

G'day! :wave:

I got TS2009 up and running so I decided to build a track that was inspired by Forest_Runner's truly magnificent shots! :D

rastis_20101007_0001.jpg

rastis_20101007_0002.jpg

rastis_20101007_0003.jpg

I will not be releasing this onto the DLS but if you would like it, PM me your email and I will send the CDP to you!

Cheers! :)

Jake.

Last edited:
Jake,

The route looks lovely. I would love to have a copy, and have sent a PM with my email, if the offer still stands.

Nice shots from everyone else, as well

Matt.

Jake,

Just received your route. It looks alright, and will come in handy for me as a corner module. Kudos to you for laying the exit/entry tracks at an angle to the edge, rather than parallel. I like that most of all, as it isn't something that i have seen in many modules other than a few i've done myself.

A challenge for you now, if you feel brave, that is:p, would be to have the tracks enter and exit at different heights. It would not have to be too drastic; just have the tracks leave the board on a slight grade, maybe 0.25% max.

I do have some missing KUID's though. They are:
<kuid:465961:1006>
<kuid:465961:1026>
<kuid:465961:1038>

Could someone help me out with these? They appear to be textures, judging by the large patches of grid squares visible on the board.

Matt.

G'day Matt! :wave:

Missing KUIDS are:

<kuid:465961:1006> - FSF-UN Dirt 02

<kuid:465961:1026> - FSF-AU Dirt 01

<kuid:465961:1038> - FSF-AU Dirt 02

All are by: firstsoloflight.

They are not on the DLS so I'll send them to you now! Or update the CDP.
Cheers! :)

Jake.

Last edited:
Alright, sweet as, looking forward to it also is that Mullet Creek?

He says it's not; but i don't believe him! I live in the area, and he could have fooled me. Davido has captured the feel of the area extremely well.

@Jake,

Got your email. Thanks for that. It'll look much better when it's textured. Oh, and once i've taken a lawn mower through it.:hehe:

Edit: Could you please tell me where those KUID's came from? I might have a look at what else is available.

Matt.

Last edited:
Wow, they look great Dave. And Forest, the pics are spectacular! And Trent, how much knowledge do you have crammed in your scull! Always great to learn something new, haha.

For whom who asked
Those wagons were CFCLA somethings or other. They are on the dls under the_big_man

Daniel

Back