Australian screenshots

DLS???

Is it just me, or is the DLS playing up? I've been trying to download some steamers and other stuff since last night. Every time I get a message saying Unable to download, the server appears to be full. Please try again later.

10 hours later (next day or today), I go to start the download, but get the same message.

Anyone know whats wrong? Too many people downloading stuff?

Is it just me, or is the DLS playing up? I've been trying to download some steamers and other stuff since last night. Every time I get a message saying Unable to download, the server appears to be full. Please try again later.

10 hours later (next day or today), I go to start the download, but get the same message.

Anyone know whats wrong? Too many people downloading stuff?

Never mind, found out.

The Sunday morning pass has arrived at Bairnsdale with B75 at the helm.
ce6dc420078fcafcff7a5696dbf8de19.jpg

After the run-around
4493aa98cf0fb500b2b0b9583349739f.jpg

Great shots there too Forest and Ghosty :)

Tom :)

was it B62 that was the first diesel to run 1,000,000 miles, or was it B72

B62, Sep 52 - Dec 57. Not bad considering most steam locos were lucky to average 50,000 miles a year.

When I first got into railways in the '70s I hated diesels with a passion. I believed the hype that they were only designed for a 15-year economic life and none would last anywhere near as long as a steam loco.

In just over 18 months we'll be celebrating the B class being in continuous service for 60 years...

Tom,

A very impressive looking yard there, I like how naturally the vans in the background fit into the yard. Whenever I have a siding like that on the backside of the yard, it doesn't look right. Might have to borrow some of your ideas for... erm... inspiration.

A nice screenshot all round. As our state is always stealing wagons, locomotives, workers (a number of friends of mine have defected to join me in working for the railways of NSW from the railways of Victoria), I'm curious to know if the B, the bogie open wagons and/or the vans are avaliable for download, and if the B is avaliable download, what liveries are avaliable?

Finally, the platform you've used has a very attractive looking dock. Is that for download, or a work in progress?

Once again, thanks for sharing the shot, it's quite an inspirational looking scene!

lesley, would I be correct in guessing that the flat sided and rib sided ELX are Zec's work?

That you are correct, however both shown are rib-sided.

@Trent, Glad I could help with the inspiration there Trent, however that's where those vans were loaded in real life, hehe! So they're there for both looks and prototypical reasons :p

I'm curious to know if the B, the bogie open wagons and/or the vans are avaliable for download, and if the B is avaliable download, what liveries are avaliable?
All of the rollingstock there is available I believe from the DLS under various authors (ad602000, S301, myself and Billegulla), except for Zec's ELX wagon (the one carrying briquettes). The B class is also on the DLS, made by the man who posted above you (which as can be seen, is still a fantastic looking model many years on). Livery wise I only think V/Line and VR are available, however I think Zec was working on some WCR and Murrylander ones?

Finally, the platform you've used has a very attractive looking dock. Is that for download, or a work in progress?
The platform is a WIP by myself, built to represent what is there in real life. Should be released within the next month, as there's only a few more custom objects to go in on the route and some things to place here and there before it's finished :) The goods shed, station and footbridge in the distance are all custom objects to suite the route (the latter 2, plus a whole lot more objects such as the famous trestles along the line are built by Jerker, of which he has done a fantastic job).

Here's another shot of a special pass from Orbost crossing the Wairewa road bridge, which luckily still stands today...
ac46ba149b8d0a61b5372cfe07a21f09.jpg

2385458.jpg

Photo by Dave May

Tom :)

Tom, thanks for the information, I might have to have a poke around the DLS, see what I can find! As for the liveries on the B, I was more looking for a CFCLA livery, as I don't think any of the previous liveries worked into NSW except on the Aurora/Spirit trains.

Back