Australian screenshots

Jackford please think of others and not post pics unless they're yours
just add [IMG/] at the start and at the back if the pic, so your post only uses a link.
Jamie

Are we refering to my shot from last night? Because that's the only recent shot of a 422 i can see, and there were no running numbers visible anywhere.
But useful info anyway.

Matt.
No Matt was not aimed at anybody just me being as fart fuss pott :p :D :hehe:

Jackford please think of others and not post pics unless they're yours
just add [IMG/] at the start and at the back if the pic, so your post only uses a link.
Jamie[/quote]

Sorry mate its the other way around
to post as image as a hyperlink you removes the IMG commands

Here's my first Aussie based route,
hert201007130000.jpg

hert:wave:

Still a WIP

Hello Hert,

Great to see a few non Aussie's doing some Aussie routes :) Look forward to seeing more screen shots as you progress.

Cheers

Trent

nice job hert! im going to leave mine as a surprise. how ever, i was wondering if you guys could recomend some track for me to use in my route.

thx in advance

Hey all old people ( And lots of new people ? )
Kane98, I went looking for my copy of Ropes Creek and found a very old ( Very crap to my standards of making ) version but if you dont mind id like to give it another go at finishing it myself, If not your more then welcome to take the stupid thing off my hands.

Scott, Havent seen any of your Brisbane photos since atleast a year ago when i was running it for you and dayum its great now, Love the grass detail.

Will get photos up if i can remember how to do so.:)

Great to see a few non Aussie's doing some Aussie routes

I agree wholeheartedly. It is nice to see how people from other parts of the world see us Aussie's. Nice to see one of the more talented Yanks turning his attention to Australia, too. Should be interesting to see how he interprets the info he has available.

Also, before i go, could i ask what year livestock traffic was finally phased out in NSW? I can't find the info anywhere, and i'm sure i've seen a photo of a stock train dated in the mid 80's.

Matt.

Either NSW track by Natvander, built-in '06 onwards or VR SG track by S301
Jamie

There is also the "UK Bullhead" track on the DLS... different versions for Trainz/TRS/TS, and also has rusty equivalents to cater for lesser/non used sections. I'm biased, as I love this track. Reckon Muliebuck can back me up too.

Warning however, is don't use it in conjunction with Speedtreez. It's one or the other, or your frame rates take a pummelling.

Also agree with the non-Aussies having a go at Aussie Routes. What a great community this can be.

Last edited:
Sorry mate its the other way around
to post as image as a hyperlink you removes the IMG commands

so do u guys mean have a picture logo at the bottom with a link in that picture so that poeple can click it and go to my page is that what u guys mean iu dont get it sorry if iam a pain for ya just learning

railway simulation,
What the other guys are trying to say is:- when you quote peoples posts, if they have pics in them, use a hyperlink as explained earlier. This helps those who have slower computers than others load pages easier. They aren't loading the same pics two or three times. If you want to ask a question about a specific piece of content in a pic/screenshot, delete the others and keep the one that has what you want to ask about. Hope that makes more sense for you.
regards
Glen

Last edited:
Either NSW track by Natvander, built-in '06 onwards or VR SG track by S301
Jamie

thanks for that, im using the built-in nsw ones for now but am going to have a look at the track by s301.

btw, if you guys didnt know, theres an australia route building contest going on. thats why some of new people are here...

Also, before i go, could i ask what year livestock traffic was finally phased out in NSW? I can't find the info anywhere, and i'm sure i've seen a photo of a stock train dated in the mid 80's.

Matt.
I remember working livestock trains as late as 1987 but that would have been about it. In 1988 I transferred to the suburbans and I remember taking a road trip to Parkes and being surprised that there were some South Australian wagons carrying cattle albeit in what looked like a containerised sort of wagon. The Homebush Sale Yards were closed in about 1989 as well so that would have been pretty much the end for hauling livestock.

It wouldn't have gone into the '90s anyway.

Railwayz

Last edited:
I remember working livestock trains as late as 1987 but that would have been about it. In 1988 I transferred to the suburbans and I remember taking a road trip to Parkes and being surprised that they were still running cattle trains albeit in what looked like a containerised sort of wagon. The Homebush Sale Yards were closed in about 1987 as well so that would have been pretty much it for hauling livestock.

It wouldn't have gone into the '90s anyway.

Railwayz

Railwayz,

Thanks for that info. Yet another tidbit to file away for future reference. I am currently working on a fictional route set in the late 80's to early 90's, so it's not going to stretch credibility to much if i run the odd livestock train, then.
If it does, then there's always the good old theoritical question 'what if?' In this case, what if the railways decided not to give up an entire traffic (and it's associated revenue) until the early 90's (about '93-ish?) I think that will be my way out of this one, because i want to run livestock trains!

Anyways, on the subject of my next route, here's a screenshot.

The isolation and lack of road access mean that a boat trip is the only way to take pictures of trains along the Bell's Creek section of the Main Northern line. Such a trip has enabled this snap of 8104 and a sister engine, both in candy livery, to be taken as they haul an oil train south on a wet morning.

Matt.

Last edited:
Back