Australian screenshots

for vegetation on dunes, I've never seen anything but sparse long grass or brightish green ground cover vine type stuff(not a gardener, you can tell cant you)

I studied the dune ecosystem in highschool, and the scrubby grass is 'spinifex' but the distance away from the railway means I'll likely impair performance but putting down thousands of grass objects. I'll likely put down some scrubby trees and bushes for effect, and leave it at that.

Colhad, cheers for that mate, I had a look, and I see the ones you mean :D.

Anyone know if there is any NSW Surf Lifesaving stuff out there, i'm mostly interested in the red/yellow flags, or some kind of beach "HQ" for them (usually called a surf lifesaving club?)

Anyone able to recommend a ground texture or a texture that represents spinifex on a dark brown earth ground?
Thanks
Zec

@ Davie boy, The yellow looks right now:p Still looks a little strange the front. I can't pick it and I don't think everyone else has said anything so don't worry. (and btw, stop showing off nerd:p lol)

Grasshopper

An XPT cross' the now dried up river heading towards Waroona.

xptry6.jpg

Tom
________
Honda Orthia specifications

Last edited:
Those 620/ 720 are drop dead georgeous. Any Chance of a Freightcorp liviried 45 aswell? God I Love Living in Newcastle, but last sSaturday it was a bit melancholy to see the trains all running with explorers and Hunter Railcars :(

the orange scheme applied to XPT power car 2001 thats the centenary of Federation livery marks 100 years of the Commonwealth of Australia.

cheers

ghosty

The X2000 Test Train Glides through Waroona
*Notice the tilt*:p

xpttiltdn8.jpg

8163 leads her sisters over the crest of a hill as they haul a coalie towards Kinambra Mine

81sni2.jpg

RM 402 crawls across an Old Wooden Trestle as it heads towards Kinambra
This trestle is soon to be replaced as apart of the lines re-opening.

rmaq1.jpg

Tom
________
Ford U platform picture

Last edited:
Hello all,
My first post in this thread, with my first Australian route only spent a couple of hours on it so far but I am open to suggestions and tips on how to improve, I have no idea of what Australia really looks like (not the t.v. version;)) so here are the pictures...

Class19andJ.jpg

A Class 19 waits for a J Class to pass,

Class19continues.jpg

the Class 19 continues on its journey,

Lookingback.jpg

Looking back you can see all the trackwork done so far.

Thankyou lner

Looking good so-far.
Needs GUMS lots and lots of Gums:p

Look up boobless_ed for some good gums:D
If you want an idea what Australia looks like go here:
http://www.railpictures.net/index.php and put Australia as the country and press search.

Tom

EDIT:

Somewhere in the Hunter double headed ROD's storm out of a tunnel.

rod1pf7.jpg

Colour Picture:
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8034/rod1kf1.jpg

Not longer after and the crew's shut off the regulator to roll down the hill.

rod2be9.jpg

Colour Picture:
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9821/rod2ou4.jpg
________
juggalo

Last edited:
The X2000 runs in Sweden and China.
3 cars from the train came to Australia for testing and trips were available to the public.
A whole set also when to America at one stage to which afterwards they got the Acela train I believe.

Echidna profile car - Used to check if the Tilt Train would be able to travel through the platforms

Echidna.jpg

The 3 Tilt Train cars and the specially modified XPT power cars

X2000_Campbelltown.jpg

Tom
________
X2S

Last edited:
Hello been tinkering a bit more....

viewsouthoz.jpg

Class19.jpg

more or less gums? I am really having fun with a short length of track a few wagons an a couple of locos, i'm amazed

Back