Australian screenshots

Hey guy's, Thanks for the comments.

Davido!!!! Awesome. :)

Here is a little tip from me when I build a fictional route. I basically just build a section at a time. Then I have a play around with the AI. Get inspired. Don't expect to build and complete a 100km route in a week. Georgetown to Tarin Rocks took over 3 years and I still see things that I would have liked to do differently.

Excuse the American content ;)

axe1970_20100602_0003.jpg

This is a new route I have been playing with the last week or so.....

axe1970_20100602_0004.jpg

Don't worry. It will be an Australian themed route :)
As you can see progress is slow. I build a bit then I play... :) Not only is that a fun way to spend your time, it gives you ideas for improvements. Often I stop the session when I get an idea or see something that needs to be improved.

It's easy when it is fictional. I admire route builders who are trying to be 100% prototypical.

This route will only be a few km's long. I basically want to build a little fun route/layout with portals on at either end and a few yards in-between. (I might merge the route with a similar state of completeness Zig Zag route that I have been toying with for a few months...) we will see.

Regards

Last edited:
Love the shots everyone! :)

David, that V set is coming along beautifully, its so very life like. :udrool:

The only trouble I will have with these is I dont have a lot of luck place wires above curved track. :hehe:

Maddog and Axe, nice shots, as always. Axe, can i ask how you come up with your yard layouts? That is one of the first things that i always look at on a newly downloaded route, to get ideas for my own yard areas. I also browse Model Railroader and AMRM for ideas.

And Davido... *Sniff* 'Snot fair. I wanna V-set as welllll!:':)':)'( I WANNA WANNA V_SET! *Sniff*

Meanie:(

Matt.

Maddog and Axe, nice shots, as always. Axe, can i ask how you come up with your yard layouts? That is one of the first things that i always look at on a newly downloaded route, to get ideas for my own yard areas. I also browse Model Railroader and AMRM for ideas.

Matt.

Hi Matt,
Good question Matt. The answer is a lot of practice, practice and some more practice. I try to imagine how a yard needs to work with a few consists moving in and out at the same time. As I said earlier set up some A.I and trackmarks to preform tasks. Like go from trackmark A to C and via B.

Soon enough you will see what needs to be added, and what isn't needed.

Hope that helps.

Forrest Runner - Wow thanks. Those screenshots look awesome. :udrool:

regards

*abuses said gunzel standing on the tracks photographing an inbound 442* *chuckles* No, seriously - I get more pleasure from desining a new route, rather than driving it - I don't know why, the act of creation for me - makes me feel good, the driving, not so much :)

As usual, some truly inspirational pictures by everyone - I'm continuously amazed at the quality, its just getting better and better :)

*edit* Davido - you and Natvander, just leave me speechless - I admit, give me a wonderful barking 48 class in indian red any day over a spark, but hey - quality work, my only question, is that signal box - wow...were they *really* that high? Or is it just the angle of the camera shot?

Last edited:
Gunna try and get back into route building and TRS. Ordered my TS 2010 last week. Can't wait to download the new stuff from Cardiff.

Hey guys

Need help finding the stuff that was downloaded in content manager if u can kindly tell me where i can find it all i want to remove some things from it thanks

please note i have fixed the problem no need to worry about this post cheers.

Last edited:
For QR fans and beyond...

QR's Kangaroo Lever as per requested by Ghosty, Mules and others. Special thanks to (jazza1281) for the pics.

More trackside junk available soon!

P.S Don't take any notice of the page number. I've just been hexed and no doubt you will be too. lol

Last edited:
BWhahahahhaha - no, seriously? I adore looking at others work - it truly inspires me to go and try and shake off my 'must build pointless small modular routes' and want to build a nice long run, to sit back and enjoy the scenery. My problem, is I can't figure out what to place on said 'scenery' between the townships (and my townships, I confess, look more like ghost towns!). Keep the screenshots coming people, I'm getting inspired and amazed at the quality of workmanship thats being achieved :)
Mulie, there are a lot of "Ghost" railway towns now days on lines long since disused. How about creating or reproducing those individual towns and the stations, yards etc and leave it up to others to fill in the gaps when they want to merge them.

Maybe pick out some towns and then merge them in a fictional way, that is they are on a line that is not true similar to the names of Axe's towns/stations on his route.

DeRiCo has a lot of yard diagrams from the very old to many newer ones if you need something to work off and I am sure he will help.

Just an idea.

Craig
:):):)

Thanks for the advice - maybe I should drop him a note and come cap in hand, begging for any track plans, etc I can get my hands on, so as to reinspire my muses :)

*edit* Marty, as I said on Yahoo, they're perfect - great work mate :)

Last edited:
Ah, now I got a clearer picture - thank you Davido - makes much more sense now, for the sight lines over the bridge :) as always, truly outstanding work.

Ah, now I got a clearer picture - thank you Davido - makes much more sense now, for the sight lines over the bridge :) as always, truly outstanding work.

If it's based on Maitland there, Mulie... could also be a refuge from the floods!! (based on some historical rail photos I've seen!!).

Back