Australian screenshots

Ha Ha!!
What with? We have no engines left to steal it with :wave:
Cheers
Rod
(thinking the shot is taken in NSW because last time I looked thats where the C's were :hehe: )

Last edited:
Another piccy, this time taken as evening starts to arrive by a young gunzel over his back fence.

taggy_20100603_0000.jpg

8118/42208 lead a loaded train of containers through Uraga.

Tom - nicely shot. With El Zorro running around NSW/Vic with some vintage locos, you'd not be far from the mark running a train behing C501 and a couple of V/line T Class!

Also, did you upload your 20ft "bulk" containers to the DLS, I can't seem to find them to add to TS2010 :(.

G'day guys. Nice pics everyone.

Mitch456yui, because you asked so nicely last night:

fffcorp3.jpg

fffcorp2.jpg

fffcorp1.jpg

Enjoy these.

Matt.

Tonight's topic of choice:

QR's 3700's, 3800's, 5000's

I figure I won. Seeing as how powerful each of those locomotives actually is. Mitch, you're PN 90 Class defense system failed... :hehe:

Matt, you mean like you mean NSW gives Queensland the State of Origin every time, just like they give QR their coal in the Hunter Valley? It all makes sense now!

Furthermore, the coal PN takes from Queensland is heavily competed for, and even furthermore, the stuff PN manages to take must be some kind of bad coal...:p

Mitch
P.S. Lets hear some QR Support! I'm fending off the PN Paparrazi by myself here!!

Hmm, my PN 90 Class system hasn't failed, the number of 90 class locos just needs to catch up...:eek:

Okay, now I'm using the mighty NR Class vs QRN 6000 Class (which has more power than the 5000... from what I have gathered)

There are 35 6000s, right? Well, didn't you say they had about 4500hp?
What's 35 x 4500? 157,500hp
So, all up, the 6000s have a combined 157,500hp, correct?
(Also, I must say that PN owns some 6000s, but they are classed as 92 class, PN owns 15 92 class locos)

The NR Class, horsepower is 4,020.
There are 119 NR Class locos, so, do the maths...
119 x 4,020 = 478,380hp
There you have it, the combined HP of the NR Class ABSOLUTELY DESTROYS that of the 6000 class, or, PN 92 Class

Now, if we expand further, PN owns 15 92 Class locos. QRN owns only 12, and ARG, own 8. And, Xstrasta Coal has 10 on order, and their Australian HQ is in SYDNEY, NSW.
So, NSW owns MORE 92/6000 class locomotives than QLD!
Just do the maths...

NSW
15 + 10 = 35

QLD
12 + 8 = 20

Furthermore, the coal PN takes from Queensland is heavily competed for, and even furthermore, the stuff PN manages to take must be some kind of bad coal

Hmm, so QR is FIGHTING to keep bad coal? Geez, they must be getting desperate for money, must've spent too much on that 'Great South Pacific Express'?:hehe:

just like they give QR their coal in the Hunter Valley?

We don't give it to QR, we give it to QRN, which is a division of QR...:p

Hopefully that will stump you Mitchey, or just make you attack me on MSN in a fit of rage...:hehe: Well, I'd better get back to driving and move thousands of tons of high quality coal with PN's assorted collection of POWERFUL locomotives.:p
I leave you now with a picture, sorry to those who have already seen this...
Thanks,
Mitch
mitch456yui201003080000.jpg

EDIT: Looks very nice Matt! I took so long writing this post so I only just saw yours, I like the texturing and detail...

Last edited:
Some truly inspiring screenshots from many multiple talented people - I can but hope these routes will one day grace the DLS, so we can all appreciate them in their creators attention to detail :) (Edit: Theoretically, i believe, QR ceased to exist some years ago, and become QR National (QRN for short), its just not widely known :)

Last edited:
[Davido
We don't want the grain, we want the water you don't want!
Jamie
PS
*snip*/QUOTE]

Jamie i don't mean to sound like Gimme Pig here,But those container wagons behind the NR's just wondering if they are on the DLS or sum-where else and what they are called please,I haven't been here for a while and must of missed them sum where along the line LOL.
Cheers Mick.:D

Tom - nicely shot. With El Zorro running around NSW/Vic with some vintage locos, you'd not be far from the mark running a train behing C501 and a couple of V/line T Class!

Also, did you upload your 20ft "bulk" containers to the DLS, I can't seem to find them to add to TS2010 :(.

Hehe your not wrong there mate, XR559 is up your way at the moment running grain trains so thought I would chuck it behind the mighty C. Don't be surprised if you see all the G's and XR's up your way soon...rumor has it that PN are pulling out of Vic and taking those loco's with them leaving us (that being either El Zorro or V/line Freight (with V/Line gaining the ability to run freight trains again, they got confirmation that they can last week on this) with just the A's, 2nd series X's, T/H/P/Y's. Could be for the best.

Never uploaded those containers to the DLS as I wanted to add some more versions. However you can find the beta on the VicTrainz forums. If you can find some good photos for me I might be able to whip up some more for you and upload them as a pack :)

Tom :)

Tom,

XR559 headed back to Victoria with the other XR that was up here. They stayed only for a month or so moving grain between Werris Creek area and Newcastle, but they went home before we knew it!

We'd be happy to see more G Class up here, as well as XR Class (I love 'em, but I've only ever photographed them sitting up in Dynon when visiting a mate of mine working there). The sad thing is when the perfectly good G Class are just "thrown in the shafts" of coal trains, and run into the ground. I was lucky enough to get C510 today leading a train, normally these days the C Class are used as trailing units like the DL, BL and G Classes.

Ever since you made those containers, I've been on the lookout for more bulk containers to photograph for you to skin. The bulk containers you made are amongst the best models for Trainz I've downloaded - they are so crisp and clean, and work with any rolling stock designed to use the normal 20ft container model. The only bulk containers I've seen are Patrick, Hamburg Sud and MSC. Getting a photo of the former is harder than I would have thought! Confusingly enough, some bulk goods containers are just normal containers loaded on their side - so, should one open the doors, all the product would just fall out!

I'll head over to VicTrainz now, and as always, if I manage to get any shots of them, I'll send 'em your way.

Thanks Tom!

[Davido
We don't want the grain, we want the water you don't want!
Jamie
PS
*snip*/QUOTE]

Jamie i don't mean to sound like Gimme Pig here,But those container wagons behind the NR's just wondering if they are on the DLS or sum-where else and what they are called please,I haven't been here for a while and must of missed them sum where along the line LOL.
Cheers Mick.:D
Hey Mick
Those wagons are on the DLS, just search NR or National Rail, they're not industry active but the containers are already on them
Jamie

Hey Trent,

Ah well you might be in luck then, they certainly are one fantastic looking loco (Love seeing the long island steelie, XR551+BL combo, looks brilliant). I saw a few pics on railpage of the C's, one of 4 together...would of sounded amazing. I see SSR is now running a coal train too with two G's and two B's. Great to see the B's getting a run, more than they would down here that's for sure. Should be coming up to Sydney and Newcastle (start off in Sydney) during the first week of December, can't wait to see what's been happening around the place (haven't been up for over a year, will be two in December).

Hehe thanks mate, appreciate the comments! Might have a go at the Patrick's and Hamburg Sud ones if I can find some goodish pics. I think that issue with 09 and the containers not swapping skins was fixed in 2010...or it seems to have become more randomized anyway.

Any pics of those skins would be great mate, thanks :) I'm also working on a steel coil container (got the Auscision one to go off now), just need a container wagon for them to go on (hint hint Matt? :p)

Cheers,
Tom :)

*sniffs* poor little 47 class, it stumbles once, its big brother (44 if I'm not mistaken* will just roll right over it and flatten it.

Hey guys. Going off topic a little here, but does anybody know of any pedestrian level crossings, such as the one at Wondabyne, on the Newie-Central Coast line?

If there are none around, if i can get a few shots would anybody be willing to give modeling one a go? I'd do it myself, but i suck at gmax/blender, and have little patience with either program.

Thanks, Matt.

I remember seeing some around the place, both with and without alarms, but I can't remember what they were called. I had them in TRS2004, they came on a layout I downloaded. It might be worth a search on the DLS, I'll do the same thing, and if I find anything, I'll let you know.

Tom - I'll drop you an e-mail so we can continue our discussion :).

Back