Australian screenshots

okay, thanks.
i also might like to help restore , instead of operating, but yeah i hope to volunteer soon :)

3801 Ltd. hold regular working bee's in the LES so I suggest you give them a call on: [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]1300 65 3801[/FONT]to find out more info.

To become a firemen your best bet would be to go through NSWRTM, they run steam trips fairly often but you will need to work your way through the ranks to become a fireman.

I volunteer on a regular basis at the Zig Zag Railway and personally favour the opportunities presented here, I found it alot easier to "fit in" at Zig Zag mainly because they operate every dayof the year except Christmas, so you can do work there virtually any time, as opposed to the particular working bee's and runnings days which are a feature of most other groups.

To volunteer at Zig Zag the first thing you have to do is a Safe-Working course, this is a two day course (1st day theory + test, 2nd day walking along the rail line and using the skills you learnt first hand). After that the rest is up to you, to do any Operations work you must first become a guard, after that you can progress onto any one of many jobs

Steam Guard, Railmotor Guide, Firemen, Railmotor Driver, Signaller (Train Controller), Diesel Driver, Diesel Firemen, HyRail Driver, Mine Driver, Track Machine Driver, Fettler, Steam Driver.

I've been with the railway for nearly 4 years now and within that 4 years I have become a Trainee Guard and Trainee Fettler, but have also helped clean loco's, clean carriages, light up loco's, shunt, signal trains at all stations, both with signal boxes and flags, couple/un-couple, track maintanence (inc. repairing point inter-locking), cleaning points, repair steam locomotives, make parts, paint carriages and locomotives, repair shovels, fire locomotives, shovel forward coal, do track inspections and night patrols on section cars.

Its all comes down to though how often your at the society of your choice and your attitude towards it, the more you put in, the more you will get out, if your helpful and have a good attitude to it all, people will reward you back by letting you experience the higher up roles and under-take more responsibility in shunting etc..., and just so you guys know, I'm only 16, so that goes to show you don't need to be to old to get right in on the action:p:hehe:

Tom

Last edited:
Yes indeed, Tom is an excellent example of what a young person can do in preservation. You can't "start" as a fireman, but you work your way up to that position.

ARG 930.....

ARG930A.jpg

ARG930B.jpg

Updated shots, added a yellow line and and made handrails yellow also.

ARG930C.jpg

ARG930D.jpg

ARG930E.jpg

Last edited:
To become a firemen your best bet would be to go through NSWRTM, they run steam trips fairly often but you will need to work your way through the ranks to become a fireman.
Yes, i would , but it is a fair way to drive from where i live :p.
So your 16, im 14 right now, and all them options available to "rank" up to, is very exciting :).
Maybe when im old enough and able to afford things, i could rent an apartment?
i dont know yet, but yeah thanks everyone for the info :wave:

Ah well, if your ever planning on visiting ZZR feel free to give me a buzz and I'll show you around the place and give some first-hand experience at various jobs.

The above invitation extends to anyone really, I'm more then happy to show people around the railway if I'm able to be there.

Tom

I wonder how many people know of the Cargill liveried 48 class. Classed as CAR 1, it's painted in a predominantly yellow livery with a black V on the front and rear.

http://locopage.railpage.org.au/photos/Cargill_CAR1.jpg
http://locopage.railpage.org.au/photos/CAR1_2.jpg

Unfortunately, due to the way the loco is, you can't mirror the numbers so they are same front and rear. Bear in mind that if you drive this loco long hood leading, the numbers are mirrored. I can't do anything about that I'm afraid. Here is my representation of CAR 1....

CAR1A.jpg

CAR1B.jpg

CAR1C.jpg

CAR1D.jpg

Nice work Col :) , thats one loco I have'nt seen in a while. I think I heard not too long ago that it was sold to another operator, JRW I think it was :confused: .

Regards,

Matt

thanks

okay DelecServiceCentre, connyxy just gave me 2 links to the 46 classes:

this one is the forum link:
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=33611&highlight=electric+loco+class+46

and this is a direct link from connyxy's website:
http://www.connylubing.de/ElectricLocoset46class.cdp

thanks again to connyxy for the beautiful locos,
just a reminder, you have to download the pantos which are on the DLS, (see the top link for more information)

cheers
thanks very much burnstruss and thanks to conny for the link i am having problems with my pc i run the file content maneger opens and thats as it goes ill give i a shot when i re format my pc cheers glenn

thanks very much burnstruss and thanks to conny for the link i am having problems with my pc i run the file content maneger opens and thats as it goes ill give i a shot when i re format my pc cheers glenn

No problem :) i hope it works out, if you got any more problems after you re-format your PC, give me a message and ill see what i can do :)

once again thanks burnstruss i think i have worked out the problem it will not run in 2009 not to worry as i gave my trainz 2006 edition to an old mate at the pub who is on the pension to muck round with as i could no longer log in to the dls as i forgot the secret answer to my pass word to my old email adrdess looks like i am going for a vist to the auran shop cheers glenn:'( :'( :'(

Would any reskinners/modellers know the Red Green Blue (RGBs) for Pacific National please??

Hi Col,

I was just having a look at this thread and noticed your RGB request.
The NR class loco I have is by davido, when in Pacific Blue livery it varies a bit because of shading but generally it is R59, G105, B160. That might give you a start and you can fiddle it if you have to. Unless you want Pacific Blue's official colours.

Cheers,
Bill69

An easier way is to open the textures for his PN locos, and grab the RGB from there. It would certainly be the best way of doing it, as it will then match most other PN locos (namely his) :)
Zec

An easier way is to open the textures for his PN locos, and grab the RGB from there. It would certainly be the best way of doing it, as it will then match most other PN locos (namely his) :)
Zec

For some reason, I always thought that was breach of copyright. To use the eye dropper tool on someone else's work. As funny as that sounds, I'm sure I've heard people say that. Don't give me dirty looks though.:hehe:

Hi colhad,

i got a website page that i saved which has just about all the colours for the railway companies in australia, but i dont have it here at work. Ill let you know if know one has posted it later tonight.:cool:

Last edited:
Back