Page 2359 of 2363 FirstFirst ... 1359185922592309234923572358235923602361 ... LastLast
Results 35,371 to 35,385 of 35444

Thread: Australian screenshots

Great work everyone.
    Roy, that route is coming up a treat. With regard to the cliff splines, check out Dangavel's DG series of cliffs on the DLS. More than we'll ever need!
    cheers
    Graeme

Blog Entries

I have had no sucess in sending consists to the DLS - so I will do route with just trains sets = setup on it of some typical Lachlan Line branch and main line trains
    Quote Originally Posted by NSWGR_46Class View Post
    I have sent two good trains consists that I put together using Photos in one the the LTL books to the DLS to see how it works

how can i download the harris trains

Quote Originally Posted by grazlash View Post
    Great work everyone.
    Roy, that route is coming up a treat. With regard to the cliff splines, check out Dangavel's DG series of cliffs on the DLS. More than we'll ever need!
    cheers
    Graeme

Thanks Graeme, I'll check them out/

Cheers mate,
    Roy

PS: Well I downloaded about 30 of Dangavel's cliff splines as well as a dozen textures he's created and boy, how do you pick from them. I'd have a field day if I was working on a country route. I can see some of these being laid on the South Coast Line.

Here is just one of his textures, so sharp you can literally feel yourself strolling (or climbing) through it.
    Last edited by Roy3b3; October 13th, 2019 at 08:56 AM.

Blog Entries

Cheers
    Tim

Great shots Zec and Tim.

I have uploaded the NSWGR Fairmont ST2 trikes to the DLS. They should be available within 24hrs.

Initially imported from the US, the Fairmont ST2 was first deployed in NSW in 1949, and was a fairly common sight up until the mid/late sixties. Interestingly, the 2 speed gearbox did not require a reverse gear. To move in the opposite direction the motor could be stopped, and then restarted spinning in the reverse direction (apparently a skilled operator could use the last kickback movement of the motor to do this on the move!) The put-put sound of the unmuffled 2 stoke 10hp engine could be heard coming from a couple of miles of. When I first played with Dave Snow's model (on which the NSWGR version is based), and heard that put-put sound, the memories came flooding back!

There are two versions of the NSWGR Fairmont uploaded. The second has a roof, although to be frank, I have not been able to find a photo to confirm the existence of roofed version of NSWGR ST2. However I did find photo of a roofed Fairmont M19, taken at Koorawtha. I also found a photo of a Volkswagen trike with a very similiar roof to that on the uploaded NSWGR Fairmont ST2 (The Volkswagen trike operated around the same time). Customisations of trikes were apparently quite common, and I have taken modellers license liberties in also reskinning the roofed ST2. If anyone can confirm the existence of such a configuration, chime in below. If its a load of rubbish feel free to send me a personal message :-).

Last edited by FootplatePhil; October 14th, 2019 at 04:12 AM.
    Phil
    WeddinNSW V4 for TRS2019 now on the DLS.

I'm trying out some of Dangavel's textures (thanks Graeme for pointing them out) in some areas of my route. In the right place, they look almost real.

Just noticed, the bridge track doesn't line up with what I'm using. Better fix that. Screenshots tell the story.
    And yes, Waverton is getting a little more treatment. Waverton platform buildings were somewhat different to other stations; and each platform was different.

First stage on the buildings - In TANE they've come out much too light and bright so will have to tone down some of the textures.
    Cheers,
    Roy

Watco's FL220 distributing ballast whilst a track worker controls the level crossing.

Cheers
    David

D-560 looking rather shabby now days shunts three MC Cattle wagons at Tooradin.

Cheers Mick.

keep up the good work all I don't do trainz any more my old lappy don't have the horsepower to do it anyway lucky to run 2004
    "QDR.........Trainz in Queensland"

Just showing off some shots around Adelaide of my WIP route. Any tips, tricks or feedback would be appreciated.

First off is the Stonie with triple 830s at Dry Creek Station.
    2nd a Darwin bound freight with a CLP and 22 in Dry Creek
    3rd Adelaide Freight Terminal looking north
    And lastly an EL and GL thru Ovingham heading towards Bordertown.

Quote Originally Posted by matruck View Post
    D-560 looking rather shabby now days shunts three MC Cattle wagons at Tooradin.
    Cheers Mick.
    A beautiful shot Mick - Your detailing is spot-on. Great stuff mate, keep it up.

Cheers,
    Roy

Nice progress there Watsup976. If your trackwork is close to perfect, that's half the battle. Then you can settle-in and take your time detailing your layout.

Well done mate.
    Cheers,
    Roy.

I've located another bridge with a good sized arch; and it also allows me to use my choice of track, so there are no obvious differences in track width now.

I've also toned down the textures of the platform buildings to bring them into uniformity.

Moving on to the next section of my route. Hopefully, it'll also be much tidier when it's finished.

Cheers,
    Roy

Hey Folks

Been a while since I posted here.

DQs given to me by a very generous content creator meandering their way through an area I've been tinkering with on my freelance Tassie-themed route.