Page 2325 of 2336 FirstFirst ... 13251825222522752315232323242325232623272335 ... LastLast
Results 34,861 to 34,875 of 35038

Thread: Australian screenshots

A few more adjustments and additional textures to the tunnels I'm working on.

I've changed the track to <kuid:132952:151544> SAM Trk - II/B v6 and incorporated some of ranger_51's NSW signals, which all work very effectively.

Laying track side-by-side so that signals also line up, can be fiddly. So I've placed a subtle marker to make it a little easier.

I've also made a couple of Tunnel Portals (still locating better face textures), which can be attached to the tunnel splines to suit different settings.

Well, I'd better get back into it.
    Cheers,
    Roy

Hi Roy,
    Your making of the tunnel assets look so elegantly structural design masterpiece work I must say. Is the track your using is procedural?

Regards,
    Lspdyiu

Quote Originally Posted by lspdyiu View Post
    Hi Roy,
    Your making of the tunnel assets look so elegantly structural design masterpiece work I must say. Is the track your using is procedural?

Regards,
    Lspdyiu

Thanks mate for your nice comments.

The reason I picked this track is because it is the closest I could find to our City Circle tunnels. It also looks good with any junctions;

.... and,... it also has the identical track height to elstoko's protrack. So exiting a tunnel with a concrete base will link easily enough to any gravel or ash ballast track.

Cheers,
    Roy

A few black and white shots from around Thirlmere. This isn't a full route, just a small section centred on the station/yard area some time after the redevelopment of the museum. (The images have been photoshopped a little bit to increase the contrast and turn them black and white).

Regards,
    Ranger_51

Great shots Ranger. Black and white really accentuates the fine detail.

Cheers mate,
    Roy

The 2 Newcastle Ksets at Hamilton. Oh by the way everyone, Memeboy's website is back up, he changed it a little bit.

regards,

Thomas912

Cheers Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas912 View Post

Oh by the way everyone, Memeboy's website is back up, he changed it a little bit.

regards,

Thomas912
    Thomas912
    Yeah he has done a bit of bug fixes on his site but he hasn’t yet released new stuff though. His Sydney Monorail Train model project shall soon be coming out as well as the monorail track he’ll be releasing out as well. I plan to integrate a monorail system on my route when this news is coming out. Good shot of your image.

Your scenery shot is practically coming to life, so graphically made matruck, well done mate.
    Could be clutter effects be added.

Regards,
    Lspdyiu
    Last edited by lspdyiu; June 16th, 2019 at 01:17 AM.

Thanks Mate, I don't know how to add clutter affects to my photo, I thank you for your feedback and i'm glad you liked it.

kind regards,

T

Back to the 1950s when Redfern Station had a pedestrian walkway attached to the western end. I happened to find this old photo and naturally, it inspired me to start to create something similar.

There was nothing uniform about it's design, with bits added here and there.

Early days so far. One section of the closed-in walkway.

And the open section.

In addition, I've been working on some concrete walls, overpass earth fill, with and without fences, which I'll use around Central.

Cheers,
    Roy
    Last edited by Roy3b3; June 17th, 2019 at 08:39 PM.

Hi Roy.
    Back in May you showed us some Terrace Houses you were working on, plus some Servo Driveway entrances and some more house driveways.
    Any chance these will be added to your very useful collection of scenery stuff on the DLS?

Really appreciate your work - and the the inspiration.
    Cheers
    NickE

Quote Originally Posted by nicke View Post
    Hi Roy.
    Back in May you showed us some Terrace Houses you were working on, plus some Servo Driveway entrances and some more house driveways.
    Any chance these will be added to your very useful collection of scenery stuff on the DLS?

Really appreciate your work - and the the inspiration.
    Cheers
    NickE

Thanks Nick, I have a pile of stuff that I am working on now which has priority. I'm re-doing Eveleigh yard, Redfern, Darling Harbour yard and Central Station areas on my route which entails different trackwork, signals, tunnels, etc, as well as, a number of buildings and houses, that I am back-dating. I'm literally rebuilding it from scratch.

When I get my head above water, I'll review what assets I've built, make any modifications and then release the updated versions.

I'd like to complete what I started before I leave this life. I don't think they have Trainz in heaven.

Patience is a virtue ,... someone said. Hang in there! Nobody said anything about how to overcome the aging process.

I'd better get back to it.

Cheers,
    Roy

Hello from France,

always a magic work , and your footbridge will certainly be a "must be" on all maps...

Thank you for the great work !!! Friendly , Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Roy3b3 View Post
    Back to the 1950s when Redfern Station had a pedestrian walkway attached to the western end. I happened to find this old photo and naturally, it inspired me to start to create something similar.

There was nothing uniform about it's design, with bits added here and there.

Early days so far. One section of the closed-in walkway.

And the open section.

In addition, I've been working on some concrete walls, overpass earth fill, with and without fences, which I'll use around Central.

Cheers,
    Roy
    Hi Roy,

Those ped bridge kit look profoundly awesome there I guess you’re planning to add spline attachments to connect with stairs to the bridge kit later on. When released is the fixed track asset going to include the following aspects: height-adjustable, secondary rotation, etc.
    Have you finally managed to fight out the case in regards to your street kit assets on solving how to allow secondary rolling on another axis? Additionally, do you also plan/intend to build a refuge island (a pelican ped based xrossing consisting of a safety refuge margin between the road) and a roadsign ti go with it as part of the street kit?

Sidewalk—————Road———Refuge———Road—————Sidewalk

In addition to the miscellaneous assets in the 4th screenshot they’ll come practically handy for building flying junctions or flyovers for retaining trackwork on my route.

Regards,
    Lspdyiu

Quote Originally Posted by lspdyiu View Post
    Hi Roy,

Those ped bridge kit look profoundly awesome there I guess you’re planning to add spline attachments to connect with stairs to the bridge kit later on. When released is the fixed track asset going to include the following aspects: height-adjustable, secondary rotation, etc.
    Have you finally managed to fight out the case in regards to your street kit assets on solving how to allow secondary rolling on another axis? Additionally, do you also plan/intend to build a refuge island (a pelican ped based xrossing consisting of a safety refuge margin between the road) and a roadsign ti go with it as part of the street kit?

Sidewalk—————Road———Refuge———Road—————Sidewalk

In addition to the miscellaneous assets in the 4th screenshot they’ll come practically handy for building flying junctions or flyovers for retaining trackwork on my route.

Regards,
    Lspdyiu
    Thanks for the support mate. As you can see from the screenshots, there are spline point attachments for connections and I can assure you they are height adjustable. Also, you would not want secondary rolling on this particular asset like the Leaning Tower of Piza. People walking on it would fall off. lol.

Evidently you may have missed some earlier posts I made in this thread regarding my street kit. I mentioned starting from Post # 34596 that I was uploading some assets to the DLS and quoted the kuid no's. Posts following also showed any updates.

And mate, I don't plan to build refuge islands or pedestrian crossings or road signs. There are plenty available on the DLS;... or maybe you might like to try your hand at modelling some. The reason I started modeling was because there was not a lot of Australian-designed buildings and structures available - There are plenty of Aussie rolling stock, track and signals, but not a lot in the other department. And I'm mainly doing it to complete my route.

Cheers,
    Roy