Page 2253 of 2431 FirstFirst ... 1253175321532203224322512252225322542255226323032353 ... LastLast
Results 33,781 to 33,795 of 36462

Thread: Australian screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by NSWGR_46Class View Post
    Love the screen shots - just to be picky - L/Ps were the exception to the normal Sydney trams operations when running as a couple set they ran as motor and trailer not a MU paired the second one should have his pole down that why the is a trailer L/P and a normal L/P on the DLS
    Thanks Dave. You can be as picky as you like mate, ... picking up knowledge from the guys who actually worked the industry is actually a bonus.

Everything I know about trains, trams and ferries has come from the professionals, so I consider myself extremely lucky.

Cheers mate,
    Roy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lesley View Post
    Those hoppers look fantastic hiyo!! Steve might hurry up with his P class now after seeing that Some good work from everyone around here lately!
    Don't worry about a P class.. DAZ-Nice..

I've downloaded and tested NSWGR_46class new trolley poles for his Sydney trams,...

<kuid2:73150:101344:3> NSWGT Sydney Tram Trolley pole - Sydney US09<kuid2:73150:333:3> NSWGT Sydney Tram Trolley pole - Sydney US09 no arc

They both work fine and hook-up nicely with motorman1066 track and cat. Thanks Dave.

I've scrapped the idea of track-loops at the end of a line now. I've now opted for the simpler dual-track merge to a single track, then end. This allows me to use <kuid:206816:99009> ReverseTram (4) as a driver command and to see the pantograph 'switch-over'. Works well.

Here's a couple of shots running an 'O' Class and 'R' Class between two wharves. (Note: This tram route didn't happen in real life.)

By the way, how do you like these road surfaces ? Many streets around Sydney had concrete surfaces ( I know because I used to race billy-carts with roller-bearings for wheels as a kid)

I'll have to find a way to change the destination box for these units.

Cheers,

Roy
    Last edited by Roy3b3; May 14th, 2018 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAN12345 View Post
    Don't worry about a P class.. DAZ-Nice..

Nice! I was going to embark on the D and DA as my first loco (WAGR/Westrail era of course) as there's lots of commonality. Maybe I'll just have to go straight to a beautiful DB or a notorious N (the only narrow gauge Alco in Australia I believe).

Blog Entries

The only way to change the desto box would be to clone and reskin them - some trams as part of the file do have some different ones but its a physical texture swap that is required = was working on change destos with Wazzer but his untimely passing took all the gustio out of it. Most do have settable tram car numbers under "?"

Interesting that you chose a black roof O class there's really no record to how many got black roofs but it would be no more that 4 - two coupled sets it was done as a test right before close of the system to try and extend the time before re painting as the roof went muck colour rather quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy3b3 View Post
    I've downloaded and tested NSWGR_46class new trolley poles for his Sydney trams,...

<kuid2:73150:101344:3> NSWGT Sydney Tram Trolley pole - Sydney US09<kuid2:73150:333:3> NSWGT Sydney Tram Trolley pole - Sydney US09 no arc

They both work fine and hook-up nicely with motorman1066 track and cat. Thanks Dave.

I've scrapped the idea of track-loops at the end of a line now. I've now opted for the simpler dual-track merge to a single track, then end. This allows me to use <kuid:206816:99009> ReverseTram (4) as a driver command and to see the pantograph 'switch-over'. Works well.

Here's a couple of shots running an 'O' Class and 'R' Class between two wharves. (Note: This tram route didn't happen in real life.)

By the way, how do you like these road surfaces ? Many streets around Sydney had concrete surfaces ( I know because I used to race billy-carts with roller-bearings for wheels as a kid)

I'll have to find a way to change the destination box for these units.

Cheers,

Roy
    Last edited by NSWGR_46Class; May 15th, 2018 at 03:06 AM.

A Somerton to Albury automotive train lost a T Class at Seymour and is running solo to Albury, after arriving at Albury the T comes off and the NSW crews chuck on 2x 422's.

Here we have a steel slab train in the BG siding all loaded.

Cheers.

Greetings.
    I'm wondering if there is a "fix" for the QLD and WA level crossings.
    In my Tane: 90945 SP2 they keep on going up and down all the time.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    NickE

Quote Originally Posted by NSWGR_46Class View Post
    The only way to change the desto box would be to clone and reskin them - some trams as part of the file do have some different ones but its a physical texture swap that is required = was working on change destos with Wazzer but his untimely passing took all the gustio out of it. Most do have settable tram car numbers under "?"

Interesting that you chose a black roof O class there's really no record to how many got black roofs but it would be no more that 4 - two coupled sets it was done as a test right before close of the system to try and extend the time before re painting as the roof went muck colour rather quickly.

I did notice that tram numbers can be set. I only wish I had the ability to do re-skinning of train models myself, but I'm limited to just a few buildings with Sketchup.

By the way, I inadvertently picked the black roof O class, as these trams operated on the Chatswood line, where I grew up as a kid. I travelled to high school at Mosman each day on an O class and came home on an R Class.

Adding trams to my route has meant considerable re-building. Here's the start of the Erskine Street 'loop' which will be adjacent to the King Street wharf at Darling Harbour.

The wharves in the background, will be re-modelled back to the 1950's. This was where the Darling Harbour goods railyard was originally situated. It was quite an industrial area with ships unloading goods right in the heart of the city. Pyrmont Powerstation was visible and the Anzac bridge wasn't.

Cheers,
    Roy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hiyo View Post
    Nice! I was going to embark on the D and DA as my first loco (WAGR/Westrail era of course) as there's lots of commonality. Maybe I'll just have to go straight to a beautiful DB or a notorious N (the only narrow gauge Alco in Australia I believe).
    Oops I'd kill for a DBZ though! They're almost as good as a P class.

Its not entirely my model as another ATD member has helped me build it.

This is an early version. I have a bit of stuff to revise (a lot now I think of it due to building a DAZ and no a DA)

If you have any mesh mods in blender you'd like to do to make it even better please PM me and we will talk further.

Thanks,

Blog Entries

In a way the trams would be very easy to reskin with only the basic knowledge and paint program skills - they in fact do not have a skin as such but built lego style a combo of many different coloured blocks = all you do is repaint the required blocks texture to re colour it. open the right texture a simple colour fill function in a paint program would work = no complex skill required

Quote Originally Posted by Roy3b3 View Post
    I did notice that tram numbers can be set. I only wish I had the ability to do re-skinning of train models myself, but I'm limited to just a few buildings with Sketchup.

By the way, I inadvertently picked the black roof O class, as these trams operated on the Chatswood line, where I grew up as a kid. I travelled to high school at Mosman each day on an O class and came home on an R Class.

Adding trams to my route has meant considerable re-building. Here's the start of the Erskine Street 'loop' which will be adjacent to the King Street wharf at Darling Harbour.

The wharves in the background, will be re-modelled back to the 1950's. This was where the Darling Harbour goods railyard was originally situated. It was quite an industrial area with ships unloading goods right in the heart of the city. Pyrmont Powerstation was visible and the Anzac bridge wasn't.

Cheers,
    Roy

Quote Originally Posted by nicke View Post
    Greetings.
    I'm wondering if there is a "fix" for the QLD and WA level crossings.
    In my Tane: 90945 SP2 they keep on going up and down all the time.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    NickE

Hi Nick,

I've just checked one of my Qld routes and I don't see that problem any more. I don't know about the WA crossings.

I've got these five installed by elstoko, stryker, and psycho_aussie and are functioning okay. Make sure you have the latest kuid version.

<kuid2:368725:40004:2> QR Level X-ing 2L 3T 90 5m 42in
    <kuid2:69937:100315:2> QR Level X-ing 2L 3T 90 5m
    <kuid2:1551:100315:2> QR Level X-ing 2L 3T 90 5m
    <kuid2:69937:100311:2> QR Level X-ing 2L 3T (1+2) 90 5m
    <kuid2:1551:100311:2> QR Level X-ing 2L 3T (1+2) 90 5m

Cheers,
    Roy

EDIT: Whoops! Sorry Nick, I turned my back and one of them made a liar out of me. I've got to find out which one it is.

EDIT/EDIT: It appears to be this one,...
    <kuid2:368725:40004:2> QR Level X-ing 2L 3T 90 5m 42in by elstoko

EDIT/EDIT/EDIT: Just a further update on the QR level crossings. I downloaded all 65 QR level crossings onto a test track; and out of the 65 there were only 8 that functioned as they should. That means 57 available on the DLS have not been updated (for whatever reason).

For your information Nick, these are the 8 that are working properly with the boom gate. Of course, if you don't require the boom gates, all 65 are programmable for the 3 other purposes.

<kuid2:368725:40001:2> QR Level X-ing 2L 1T 45 42in
    <kuid2:368725:40000:2> QR Level X-ing 2L 1T 90 42in
    <kuid2:368725:40002:2> QR Level X-ing 2L 1T 135 42in
    <kuid2:368725:40003:2> QR Level X-ing 2L 2T 90 5m 42in
    <kuid2:368725:40004:2> QR Level X-ing 2L 3T 90 5m 42in
    <kuid2:1551:100317:2> QR Level X-ing 2L 6T 90 5m
    <kuid2:1551:100354:2> QR Level X-ing 2L 4T Wacol 5m
    <kuid2:1551:100384:2> QR Level X-ing 4L 6T (1+2+2+1) 90 5m

The photo image really shows the difference.

Cheers,
    Roy
    Last edited by Roy3b3; May 16th, 2018 at 09:54 PM.

everyone who goes and updates their newsletter subscription gets TS2009 and an FC ticket for 30 days, all free!!!
    With my first class ticket, I managed to download Graeme's route in about 2 hours! (everything except the unknown assets)

Here are some screenshots from the route.

There is an announcment page which lists the requirements (deluxe with mainly Avery-Drexel installed) and at post #8 a list of missing assets and links to download them.
    https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...RTH-EAST-ROUTE
    Unfortunately all of the screenshots were lost with the demise of hostthenpost.
    This should help out those who have recently downloaded the route. I am currently working on an extension to the route which will eventually be upgraded to and released in TRS19 although it is low on the priorities list at present.

Nice shots everyone.
    Roy, those Sydney trams look amazing on your route. I didn't realise how much they looked like Melbourne's W class trams. I read somewhere the other day that about 70 of them are going up for auction.
    cheers
    Graeme

2 hours with an FCT ? Weird...

2018 - Début de fin des Z2N