Australian screenshots

You do know that a beta tester, normally, isn't given the source files :)
And my guess is a config.txt or TRS error, not the mesh.
Zec

I know that. If I had a beta copy, I would take a look at the config.txt, then if I don't find anything wrong, I would then ask about possibly getting the source files to check the mesh.

Cheers from the Demonlord

P.S. I've got more screenies on the way in the next couple of days.

tbob the 2 Shunters are ANR 800 and ANR350 both of which are on the DLS but they are soon to be updated just look for kuid 66724:
:D

Thanks electro!

The one on the right looks shockingly like an HH600 that the NH used in yard switching.

HH600.png

-Jesse

Natvander does have a really old, out of date website with a couple of nice screenies here, for those who want a peek.

Let Imageshack resize my screenies, as I only just realised I was commiting major table-breakage! My apologies!

I hope these look okay, if not I'll try cropping them when I process them...

From the school playground, a rake of coal hoppers headed for Sydney.

screen034jq1.jpg

4812 watches on, unamused. Nobody play "spot the bit without texture" on the horizon, please!

screen035qj1.jpg

Nothing like a Candy loco to add a splast of colour to a rake of coal hoppers, eh?

screen036ji7.jpg

Before crossing out of "nice looking land" into "grey and yellow grid with fences and scenery" land.

A new skin on my boring and old FO project. Can anyone please offer me any ideas why the skin is like that and if anyone wants to have a go at adding the texture in gmax, then they're more than welcome.
103.jpg

I've tried cropping the screenies instead, if anyone prefers the cropped or the resized, feel free to chip in, even if you don't care for the screenies themselves.

Done some more work up to the south fork of the junction, and while mucking around, caught 7304 with a short freight for Langtree waiting for 8132 to clear the up main with the afternoon train back to Sydney.

screen038az8.jpg

screen039cm5.jpg

screen040zc8.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Well, not tonight, as it's pub night :p.

In all reality, I'm getting close. I've still got the bit between the junctions south fork and the town of Burri Burri to texture, landscape and place tree/houses/roads on.

I'd also like to do some of the mainline back north towards Sydney, bringing it back to single track with a larger town further north, as well as a proper yard, and a place to terminate the branch passenger (if it was to go along the south fork at terminate at Langtree, it would have to run around using the up main, before heading back out, which would be a bit messy).

I'm thinking something like what "wattle creek" is on the Wadalbavale Line.

The idea being that freights run off the south fork, into Langtree, pick up the other branch line freight, plus the freight from Langtree, and then head back towards Sydney along the mainline. Passenger trains (401/402 hauled) would head off the branch along the north fork to the distant town of "Bunta" where it would terminate, probably meeting one of the mail trains from Sydney. It would then run into a siding to run around it's trailer before heading back.

Continuing the mainline would also give me a chance to have some interesting mainline traffic from the era be shown off, although the basic layout could be done without all this work.

I'm trying to set up a "sample" session which would also be offered, much like the Wadalbavale Layout comes with too, but that would involve learning more about triggers and whatnot, which I'm eager to do. Ideally I'd like to have the mainline fully scripted for each session, so that you're not sitting at a red signal for hours on end...

Thanks for the kind words flathog :)

Well if you want me to make-up a session feel free to ask.:p

I am not 100% with everything either but I'm pretty good with getting trains to do things as you approach etc... That way when you stop at a station to pick up passengers you might see the XPT fly past or a 73 doing some shunting or an engine arrive in the dock platform so you have the clear road...

Tom
________
Yamaha TT500

Last edited:
Think we are seeing samples from what is going to be in the aussie trainz classic pack which if the grape vine is correct is Classic pack 4.....

Riachase

seems like a nice little route you have there, sorry for not commenting earlier but i have been flat out here. keep up the great work,

cheers

Ghosty

I suppose the idea of Rollingstock splines are for people with slower computers?

I just throw in about 50 consists with my layouts and tell them to switch locos every now and again, or push half of the consist into a siding and pick it up on the way back.

Most of the time they can do it really well. Wadalbavale Line seems the easiest to get them to conform. I've only ever had one problem there, and it was just because Nat forgot to set one of the Diverge signals at Wattle Creek in the 'Base' session setup.

I suppose the idea of Rollingstock splines are for people with slower computers?​

It does help those with slower computers, but that's not the idea, for me, having them in one's layouts ... for example, imagine this:

4bc51.jpg

Yes, it's possible to have this scene with these splines. However, if you use real rolling stocks it will definitely choke anyone's PC because of the poly's and detail and moving parts of the rolling stocks ... Or mix and match, with real rolling stocks just to expand one's imagination ...

So the benefits of having the rolling stock splines are that one can have plenty in yards and sidings, without hitting the frame rate.:)

Have fun,
Ish :wave:

Last edited:
Back