Australian screenshots

SAR Peterborough Narrow Gauge Extension - Gladstone to Port Pirie
An addon layout to be merged with pwares SAR Peterborough Narrow Gauge Division. My addition adds about 50kms of Narrow Gauge plus some extra, 45kms of Broad Gauge (as detailed below) and about 45kms of Standard Gauge

30th October 1967

SAR BG 830 Grain waiting to load in Redhill
2022-10-30-211446.jpg

SAR BG 740 Class with Port Pirie Express heading across Broughton River just north of Redhill
NB: Fantastic model re-released recently by Brad TL
2022-10-30-212043.jpg

SAR BG 740 passing through Merriton Siding
2022-10-30-212531.jpg

SAR BG 740 passing over Rocky River
2022-10-30-212659.jpg

SAR BG 740 class crossing a dry and dusty Crystal Brook
2022-10-30-213333.jpg

SAR BG 740 class rolling into the Port Pirie near Solomontown
2022-10-30-214244.jpg

Arriving at Port Pirie Junction Station for one of final passenger set down and pickups before Mary Elie Station takes over passengers servcies
2022-10-30-214839.jpg

2022-10-30-215052.jpg

740 now at Mary Elie Station
NB: A little work still required to the tracks to the left as well as removal of obsolete buildings
Must be a quite day in the yard
2022-10-30-215409.jpg

SAR Peterborough Narrow Gauge Extension - Gladstone to Port Pirie
An add-on layout to be merged with pwares SAR Peterborough Narrow Gauge Division. My addition adds about 50kms of Narrow Gauge plus some extra, 45kms of Broad Gauge (as detailed below) and about 45kms of Standard Gauge

NB: A little work still required to the tracks to the left as well as removal of obsolete buildings
Must be a quite day in the yard

Thank You Sir,

I don't have PWares either, I need to look these up later this evening, Route looks Splendid....Appreciate all the hard work......:p

Wonderful Thread here on Australian Routes, One Country I need to Visit on my Bucket List too......:wave:

SAR Peterborough TRS19. Never had this version installed, only the earlier version. Very nice route, loads of mileage which is my preference.

Good work indeed.

Mike.
Yes indeed. Peter has done a fantastic job with this and he is doing an update as well which he had mentioned in a number of threads including retexturing using PBR, fixing the elevation on a section and adding an extension from Quorn to Woolshed Flat and Quorn to Hawker. I'm very much looking forward to seeing the newer version. Then add my extension to it as well ;)

I love the old narrow gauge history and locos and love the view of outback SA

Yup it feels much more like the outback than say the NSW routes, even the country ones.

Didn't realise Peter is updating the route and extending it, that is excellent.

It was reading about your extension schaffer, that made me go looking for the original.

So looking forward to your section of the route as well :cool:

Mike.

I am very happy to announce the release of my VicRail and V/Line BZ carriage reskins. These skins cover the orange era of Victoria's railways. Unfortunately these liveries can't be 100% spot on and that is because of the texture maps provided. We have tried to fix it but we haven't been successful however we have made sure to release something of a good standard and I think these carriages will hold up while we have seen some new ones being made. Anyways enjoy the reskin!

unknown.png

The version I have which has had normal maps added is. There are some available on the DLS. Anyways T388 has arrived from Melbourne with T384 and T391 departing for Orbost
Screen_Shot_2022-10-29_at_11.06.10_am.png
Hey there, that's a Great shot on this VR Station you did. Sorry to bother you but I liked to ask where did you manage get this lamp asset I've seen on the left side of the image? It might be hard to find on the DLS or not at all as It looks cool. :)

It's part of the Bairnsdale to Orbost route. As you have TRS22 you have access to it. To find what it is, open the route for edit, go to Bairnsdale station and use "get asset" button then click on the lamp and it will tell you what it is.
On a sadder note, I still can't post screenshots
cheers
Graeme

Hi, graeme, thank you for notify... I see now, this is going to be a kind of task for me, by the time I've comment it I don't have TRS22 yet... but I can be able to install anytime once I'm ready to do so thanks to my gold class ticket once active. (Note some of assets when transfer might needs more work fix things, sorry if my English is bad typing...)Cheers!

So today I merged a bunch of routes together to get most of the Melbourne to Sydney mainline. Right now I’m running a Melbourne bound steel train, shot was taken outside of Exeter

Screen_Shot_2022-11-08_at_8.00.51_pm.png

Nice shots Jamie, jealous of that 42 though and the workmens sleeper at Wallan :p:hehe:
Rohcool, that was my project last weekend. Illawarra fits perfectly in at Mossvale with a bit of trimming of both routes, Phil's latest Weddin and Bethungra routes need an extra board at Galong and I also have most of the branches joined to my ARTC Main South route. I'm currently working on the Oaklands branch and waiting patiently for Jamie to complete Melbourne to Seymour. 32gb RAM is necessary for the Mega merge. I did get a bit carried away and bulk replaced most of the old textures with PBR ones and swapped the old gum groups for the new ones from the Orbost route and individual eucalypts.
cheers
Graeme

Thanks for the advice Graeme. I was thinking about adding Illawarra to it so I can do proper Kembla Steel and things related to that but I figured that would be pushing it. Probably what’s next for the route is adding in the Griffith line. I wouldn’t say I’m too fussed with the texturing or other things on the route, more focused on running the trains. Maybe one day I’ll get around to doing this. Gotta upgrade the computer first! I’m actually surprised this all worked too

Back