Australian screenshots

Thanks everyone, i am glad the Grafton bridge is being used,,
Nice video Ryan.
Great work going on there Roy really looking forward to all of the assets you have shown us,,
Manly will win,
Rgards Steve

Last edited:
A T intersection with a right or left hold turn with different height variation's builtin to the intersection,
nUb8HtV.jpg

SCtSgX3.jpg

q9wt2xX.jpg

Cheers
cheers

Last edited:
Speedboards

Alright folks,

After a long stint away I'm trying to get back into this.
I'm trying to make a Variable Speed Board similar to the Natvander ones but the modern design style used in Sydney.
I don't want to rip codes and I want to actually learn how to make/code all this myself however there are little to no guides I could find for Variable speeds.
Anyone able to advise on where to find a tutorial or guide or well anything? I just want to be able to have 1 asset with a dialog to change speeds for 3 types.

jPyU3E0.png

Thanks
Michael

Hi Michael,

All I recommend is, if you're wanting to have the three separate speeds, maybe relate it to the Priority System. Priority 1 could be the XPT speed, Priority 2 could be other passenger trains, and Priority 3 could be freight trains. I know that's what Natvander had set up. Might be worth emailing him to see if he's got the script still, and at least read into it. Just a thought :)

I don't want to rip codes and I want to actually learn how to make/code all this myself however there are little to no guides I could find for Variable speeds.
Anyone able to advise on where to find a tutorial or guide or well anything? I just want to be able to have 1 asset with a dialog to change speeds for 3 types.

Thanks
Michael
Hey Flewy, I am actually on the same page as you learning how to code (script) an asset in Trainz. I am trying to use a copy of Wylies train stop asset (in lieu of Ranger_51’s versions) to modify the script to allow several modes of operation instead of just only responding to signals. Firstly, I wanted to give the train stop the ability to also look out and/or check for trains when a particular signal indication is being given ie: subsidiary signal indications, in which I want the trip arm to stay raised until a train approaches it at a closing distance then the trip would clear. And going deep down the page is that I would like to behave this function as automatic so that you don’t need to setup through the browser window. It is just like a simple plug in track power clip in between rails in model railways. This is the sort of thing I want to implement.

On the topic of asset scripting try and get your hands on using Andi’s tutorial and carefully read through the steps that he created. Then use it based on what you’ve read from the tutorial and incorporate it in your asset. You may need to re-read the steps to give you the right answer which will involve a lot of reading and problem solving. Also go on to Trainzscript wiki site there’s a tonne of information there which will give you explanations on what code/method is used and how to implement it. https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Scripting

Also, read through the speed signal script by author BPanther. He might also give you some ideas if you get in touch with him through private messaging and might point you in the right direction on how to script the vsbs. Natvander’s VSB assets uses a driver speed rule on specific type trains to get the right speed for your train types. BPanther’s version of his invisible changeable speed boards relies on using the Train Priority System as itzemmyjane pointed out earlier before. Could be something useful to ponder on.

This might be what you’re after and could land you on the right track. In Trainz just by looking at this image here’s the notation:
YELLOW: Priority 1 - slow freight, chartered services, rail tour runs & track maintenance vehicles
BLUE: Priority 2 - regular passenger trains (timetabled) & intercity trains
WHITE: Priority 3 - fast express / interstate passenger trains

Use the guide above and the reference image
down below to code what speeds are assigned to what type of train (specific).
4-C5651-DE-783-B-4-C7-E-9-E31-EA537-B860116.jpg
a4773fbd-9f30-42f6-ba09-7a5b4a26da09

Source: https://railsafe.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/31764/NSG-604-Indicators-and-signs-V10.0.pdf

Regards,
Ranciderwrich

Last edited:
Re: Grafton Bridge

Hello Steve, Thank you for the Grafton Bridge which I downloaded yesterday, but I am missing 3 kuids wondering if you might be able to help me.
2:208722:320045:1, 220054:1 and 220051:1

Thank you in advance.

Cheers Joe.

Evening all,

Some shots of the VR's North-East Mainline between Springhurst and Chiltern

A2 989 on a DOWN Albury Express
2021-06-05_162520.jpg

2021-06-05_162819.jpg

S301 on the Up 'Spirit' some 20 years later
2021-06-05_204815.jpg

2021-06-05_205643.jpg

Cheers
Tim

WOW!! Really nice shots there Tim. They certainly have a true Aussie flavour about them.

Excellent work, mate.

Cheers, Roy

Your intersections are looking great Steve.

Just wondering mate, do these intersections have inbuilt invisible track installed, say for A1 Driveable Trucks? I noticed the switch-lever on either side on the road.

Cheers, Roy

No Roy they don't, i have no idea how to do that, i place my own Invisible track down for all the big trucks and give them set commands.

Your welcome Joe,
Cheers

Back