Australian screenshots

I'm back. But only been playing TRS2006.

I would like to know where those lovely 1720s and the low nose Clyde I've seen in this thread.

As I'd previously mentioned, I've been trying out different road surfaces with trams, either with a spline or just a texture.

I'd really like to select something that will look okay, not only in TANE but will also work in TRS19.

As an example, I've set up a couple of small dioramas in TRS19. The first shot shows the 12UF Autostrasse road surface and the second shot uses just a texture with a sidewalk on either side.
2018-09-06_234147.jpg

2018-09-06_234642.jpg

No lane marking on the texture, but it could do around The Rocks area. I'll keep testing.
Cheers,
Roy

No lane marking on the texture, but it could do around The Rocks area. I'll keep testing.

Roy, I'm pretty sure that there's some AJS lane marking splines, some of which have traffic attached. I can't remember the exact names, but if you search for "AJS Lane Marking" or something similar, I'm sure they'll come up.

Looking good everyone! I reckon I'll have to get TRS2019 if it's going to look like that!

Last edited:
Roy, I'm pretty sure that there's some AJS lane marking splines, some of which have traffic attached. I can't remember the exact names, but if you search for "AJS Lane Marking" or something similar, I'm sure they'll come up.

Looking good everyone! I reckon I'll have to get TRS2019 if it's going to look like that!

Thanks Rex,

I knew about it, but the brain isn't what it used to be.

It's called <kuid2:82412:803135:1> AJS-TUME Traffic-2-Lanes (Long Lines, 1 Edge) and it's most probably, just what I was looking for.

Here's a quick shot. It's a one-way traffic with a single yellow line. You run it both ways for dual traffic and there is room to bed the tram tracks as well.

This is ideal and allows you to space the width of the road and adding pavements as you like. I don't know why I didn't use this before.

ROAD_AND_TRAM_BED.jpg

Thanks again mate.

EDIT: Same scene, added a few Aussie assets,...
ROAD_AND_TRAM_BED_2.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

Last edited:
Hey Colhad,

Most of the good QR content is in the works still. Although, what you see on the forum isn't everything in the regards to new, high quality content, there is a lot of stuff coming. Myself and some other fellas have good stuff coming... soon. :)

Cheers, Dylan

That low nose Clyde looks awesome.

I stopped playing after TRS2009. Although seeing all these great screenies is tempting me to get TANE.

Last edited:
Great shots everyone, looking forward to those new QR loco's.
SSR grainy at Henty
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

9461 Light Engine to Orbost

cheers
Graeme

Hey Guys,

Long time no speak.

Request: Has anyone updated or replaced "Building Workshed"?

Anyone care to give it a go. My Aussie routes use them extensively

Regards

Axe

Great screenshots Graeme and Mark. Everything looks so much better in TRS19.

I'm still working on my Sydney layout and if I can get it to look okay in TANE, then I'm hopeful it'll come up much better when I finally upload it to TRS19.

I've been swapping roads out because I think the textured roads look more natural.

Here's a few more shots.
2018-09-08_204722.jpg

Looking north along George Street. Yep, I like those road textures.
2018-09-08_205305.jpg

Looking right towards the Ship Inn at Circular Quay.
2018-09-08_205216.jpg

The eastern side of Circular Quay is coming together.
2018-09-08_204804.jpg

Some of the Bond Stores on the eastern shore.
Cheers,
Roy

I think the original creator of the Wallangarra layout is already updating it and extending to Toowoomba. :hehe:

Yes, I just felt like playing around with it yesterday and taking a break from my Ipswich-toowoomba-Dalby west route and South Coast Line. Mainly swapped textures and rolled out turfx and clutter. The new textures etc really make a dramatic improvement. Will be great to see it all the way to T-bar as well. I have already done the Toowomba yard and section East and west. Let me know if you are interested in seeing it.

Hey Guys,

Long time no speak.

Request: Has anyone updated or replaced "Building Workshed"?

Anyone care to give it a go. My Aussie routes use them extensively

Regards

Axe

I haven't seen any upgrades to the Building Workshed. And you're right, there are not a lot of Aussie sheds available. Dave Snow has made a lot of US stuff - check his thread.

Have you seen some of willem2's assets under the title 'Shed Nolans ....... ' on the DLS ?

Cheers,
Roy

I haven't seen any upgrades to the Building Workshed. And you're right, there are not a lot of Aussie sheds available. Dave Snow has made a lot of US stuff - check his thread.

Have you seen some of willem2's assets under the title 'Shed Nolans ....... ' on the DLS ?

Cheers,
Roy

Thanks for that Roy. I will take a look. There are a couple of sheds I can use that are built into TANE, but I really like the look of the Building Workshed.

Regards

Back