Australian screenshots

Large as you like. Most browsers scale them down to whatever the end user is running. I usually go 1920 x 1080 or 1920 x 1200 I think

Jamie

Hi Jamie. Thanks mate, it's all a learning game but i'm pleased I finally got on here after all this time.

Here's another. Two T's and two Y Class on a down grain through Sunbury to Echuca.

Thanks again mate.

Cheers,

Baz.

0b18894bda7c3acabbfb8110a5d1e964.jpg

Further to above, Prt Sc works fine with pictures copied and pasted outside of trainz, but only pastes a black image in mspaint when i attempt to take a screenshot from within the game.
Cheers,
Baz.

Hi all. Just in case anyone else has this problem, and after searching the forum, thankfully i'm not the only goose, this might help. With windows 8.1, firstly you should be in directx, then you need to press the windows key + FN + Prt Sc. That is how you get the shot to appear in the screenshot. It will only come up as a black image in MSpaint or similar.

Just thought this might help others, like myself who are new to this, that might strike this problem.

Cheers,
Baz.

Hi all. Just in case anyone else has this problem, and after searching the forum, thankfully i'm not the only goose, this might help. With windows 8.1, firstly you should be in directx, then you need to press the windows key + FN + Prt Sc. That is how you get the shot to appear in the screenshot. It will only come up as a black image in MSpaint or similar.

Just thought this might help others, like myself who are new to this, that might strike this problem.

Cheers,
Baz.

AND, if you are in Windows i7 using TS12, its Ctrl + PrtScn .... THEN your screenshot appears in C:\Program Files (x86)\N3V Games\TS12\UserData\Screenshots

Cheers, Roy3b3

Nice equipment Tom. Just downloaded and I'll make good use of them.

Just playing around with a 'rough' diorama layout today to see what bridges I could use for the Georges River / Como area, but mainly to see what photographs the best.
2016_04_01_200735.jpg

2016_04_01_200706.jpg

2016_04_01_200514.jpg

Cheers, Roy3b3

The windows rattle in the old Goornong station as two F class with a down container cross with a up Freight Australia log load. Great job guys, lovin it. You've given Australian content a whole new lease in life. Well done.
06562a4d08d13a865afa5325d0e5c188.jpg
82f3dd4c5cf93f76b3697bbf2a75ce69.jpg

A Y class a long way from home due to, well simply because it looks good, crossing a very low Campaspe River (Fictional). Thanks to the fine kind folks down at Nicholson River, and of course "Jerker", for loaning me their bridge for this screen shot.

Cheers, Baz.

8af6c4772b0103f840bb0a4f9667fd50.jpg

Hello all. Ive risen from the dead!

Would anyone know where I can get the font for the Victorian Railways numberplates. I have seen the plate numbers on some of the stock thats going around the DLS and I am very picky about numbers. I may do a custom font for mere pleasure. I am in the process of reskinning a few engines and I am looking for the font.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Would anyone know where I can get the font for the Victorian Railways numberplates. I have seen the plate numbers on some of the stock thats going around the DLS and I am very picky about numbers. I may do a custom font for mere pleasure. I am in the process of reskinning a few engines and I am looking for the font.

Cheers.

I have no idea what you're saying but do you realize each VR locomotive class available has the texture for that particular letter + numbers 0-9 in it?

TANE%202016-04-03%2023-51-51-76.jpg

TANE%202016-04-03%2023-52-12-06.jpg

TANE%202016-04-03%2023-54-30-39.jpg

TANE%202016-04-03%2023-55-26-88.jpg

A few screenshots of V499 arriving at, and then departing from, Beetoomba. \

Honestly, there isn't one. The VR had it's own set of drawings for number plates, but the patterns were handmade by the workshops and hence could vary to a degree between members of the class (or on the same member if it had different types of plates in different spots), and over time. Sometimes it's not a big change, other times it could be. For my stuff, I trace over photographs of the number plates to create the 'base' number set, and then adjust them as necessary to fit the plates.

For the T class I used a fair variety of windows fonts to get 'near enough' numbers, but they weren't always that close. These days I use a set of traced numbers, as mentioned above, to form the number plates. Some of the older VR assets on the DLS may either have very basic alpha number textures (you could replace these with higher resolution or more accurate numbers if you wanted to, but they may not sit perfectly on the model depending on how they were setup in GMax/3DSmax), or may have 3D numbers (which cannot be changed).

Regards
Zec

Last edited:
I have no idea what you're saying but do you realize each VR locomotive class available has the texture for that particular letter + numbers 0-9 in it?

The 1 in those textures is not like the ones you'd see on plates, the VR plates had a 1 just like: l . For Example: R76l (I know it doesn't look right but you get the idea)

Thanks Zec. Time for me to get some photos of numberplates to trace.

Cheers.

Looking through some TS2010 routes I had downloaded ages ago and I found NSW North Coast by Pgibbons. I always liked how the Australian countryside had been captured and so today I uploaded it into T:ANE. Most of the textures are still fine and with a bit of tweaking on the sliders, I took these screenshots.
2016_04_04_233232.jpg

A long distance shot just south of the border.
2016_04_04_232313.jpg

A NSW 600 Series Railcar heads across the bridge
2016_04_04_232455.jpg

Freight Australia G combo hauls some steel towards the Qld border
2016_04_04_233120.jpg

2016_04_04_233153.jpg

I did a swap and used two QRN LDP Class DownerEDI to takeover the steel haulage.
Cheers, Roy3b3

It's always a pleasure coming here and checking out the hard work people have achieved. Nice shots, everyone! Keep it up!

Back