Australian screenshots

A black 3804 leads No.331 Down Khara Bay Passenger from Lambley. c.1964

3804 Waits for the all clear, Lambley.

Between Lambley & Halley River

Departing Halley River

On the turntable at Khara Bay

-Eno Silvie

VR T337 and Y168 navigate the embankment near the old ballast siding at Wadalbavale North with a morning mixed, 1973
11ccc246920f7f00cd5345d82712e670.jpg

Cheers
Tim

Hey fellow aussies,

Not a screenshot per se, but related to Aust content. I've just finished building my first structural piece of content and would like the eyes of the Aussie content experts to have a look and give some feedback.

fc5f3fbbe5f7146d72ccb7615d49e6ba.png

DOWNLOAD CDP - NSW S008 Grain Silo

If you wouldn't mind posting any feedback you have in this thread I'd really appreciate it.

Sorry to take this one OT. Just needed to get the attention of the right audience. :)

G'day!

I need driver qualifications to operate rail machinery. In Australia - it is against the law to operate rail machinery without possessing locomotive driver qualifications - which I can no longer obtain as I failed the RailCorp LED Lantern Test and therefore I cannot obtain a Class 1 Medical. Requirements to become a driver in Australia are extremely tight. I am allowed on the railways currently with possession of the RISI Card (Rail Industry Safety Induction: which allows me legally to work in the rail corridor). However without driver's qualifications I would not be allowed to sign up as a driver at a tourist railway as I have not been trained to operate locomotives or rail vehicles.

What really bugs me about this muddle though is that in Australia - we have colour-blind airline pilots who fly large airliners around the world. How has a colour-blind pilot (Which in my opinion, is a much bigger responsibility than being a locomotive driver) obtained a Class 1 Medical but a colour deficient train driver cannot obtain that same medical? A train driver usually does not really have 300 people on their train who depend on the driver for their safety (Unless you drive interstate passenger trains) like an aircraft. However I think the main reason for my denial to the rail industry is mainly because I sometimes struggle to tell between green and yellow hues - which are obviously extremely important in the rail industry because of signals. This means I could risk passing a signal at caution because I mistook the yellow light as green. On that point however - in Australia we have two man train crews - so two people in the cab. Both are usually trained to operate the locomotive making them both 'drivers'. The driver operating the locomotive has the other driver to tell him the colours of signals ahead, condition of the track etc. So I do fail to see why this barred me from the rail industry if I have a second man notifying me that "The next signal is at caution, mate" or "The next signal is at stop, mate." A fella at the place I did work placement at when I was in school was an ex-driver for Commonwealth Railways - he struggled to see yellow and red - which is also quite dangerous, however CR let him in as he had a second person with him to help him out. However I can understand RailCorp's reason for denying me.

Anyway - lets get this thread back on track. :p It is a screenshots thread after all.

Cheers!

Jake.
Just catching up with the thread so apologies this is a bit late. Up here in Qld, we can carry quite possibly 300-500 people on a 6 car peak hour train or rowdy Friday night footy special whichever is your choice. Our passenger services around Brissy also only operate with the Driver being the only one in the front as do most of the freight trains I have seen in passing on the North Coast line and into the Northern Suburbs.(Aurizon and Pac Nat) I know it does seem harsh Jake but they would have some valid reasons for your being denied entry to the industry. I do feel your frustration as I am currently in a somewhat similar situation. You may just have to find another way to "serve" in the railways that you can find some measure of enjoyment with/in.
Regards
Glen

Hey fellow aussies,

Not a screenshot per se, but related to Aust content. I've just finished building my first structural piece of content and would like the eyes of the Aussie content experts to have a look and give some feedback.

fc5f3fbbe5f7146d72ccb7615d49e6ba.png

DOWNLOAD CDP - NSW S008 Grain Silo

If you wouldn't mind posting any feedback you have in this thread I'd really appreciate it.

Sorry to take this one OT. Just needed to get the attention of the right audience. :)

Amazing work there Firstsolowork, Sorry to quote the pic but I am on my IPad and can't work out how to delete the pic properly.
I get my Trainz Putor back in a week or two and if the download link is still up I'd love to check out this silo in game.
Cheers Mick.

Amazing work there Firstsolowork, Sorry to quote the pic but I am on my IPad and can't work out how to delete the pic properly.
I get my Trainz Putor back in a week or two and if the download link is still up I'd love to check out this silo in game.
Cheers Mick.

It'll be there. I have a lot to work on with it based on performance feedback from others in the topic I shared it's progress with. So their may be a newer version by the time you get your computer back.

It'll be there. I have a lot to work on with it based on performance feedback from others in the topic I shared it's progress with. So their may be a newer version by the time you get your computer back.
Thanks for the reply I just visited your thread in question and will keep an eye out for future projects as I love the detail you put into your work.
Nice work on the BHP locos there 210009222 when I was with Jointedrail I tried to reskin the SD70 ACe into that scheme but never got it to where I was happy with it and that was with the PSD lol, You've done very well keep up the great work.
Cheers Mick.

Back