Australian screenshots

Looks mighty interesting, pware! An Australian, relatively overgrown, relatively narrow gauge branchline? Just what we need more of! :D

Cheers
Stevo
Stevo, the motive for revisiting the Fingal Line was not to present yet another Australian branch line, but to use it as a vehicle for illustrating safeworking practices on the line in the 1950s. By this, I do not mean merely discussing these practices accompanied by screenshots, but the development of new Trainz assets that will enable the player to operate the safeworking equipment and follow the safeworking procedures. At least that's what we are in the process of developing. Here's hoping we can pull it off!

Last edited:
ElStoko

Having worked for the TGR (all be it in its more modern form of TasRail) and having travelled along the remaining active Fingal Line, it is certainly nice to be reminded of my old stomping ground as I have since moved back to NSW.

I agree to a point a form of some sort of Safe working or even Train Control element would be nice add on. I think having it as an option (perhaps when loading a Driver session) might be a good idea that way people who want it can use it and those that don't can chose not to activate it.

I hope I don't get bladed for expressing an opinion, In no way am I having a go at anyone on this forum, merely offering another opinion

cheers

Koolboy

I hope I don't get bladed for expressing an opinion, In no way am I having a go at anyone on this forum, merely offering another opinion

Koolboy, your opinions are more than welcome, especially since you have first hand experience of the Fingal line, such as it now is. My experience was limited to a visit to Avoca and Conara Junction some 10 odd years ago. The way we have constructed the Safeworking Officer Rule matches your suggestion - it is an option that can be added to any TS12 session and even then it has to be manually activated in Driver mode so even when it is present it can be ignored.

Peter Ware

yeah mate, haven't had a chance this week to go near it
I know how that feels Pete, I don't even get any time myself anymore but great too see a EL being made so keep at it when ya can.
ce597b97aa2762be671d264f551085c8.jpg

Cheers Mick.

Last edited:
hi all

i need some help explaining the roll thing
my catttle only roll towards head and tail
i ned to roll them to the side

see pic please.
anybody got any ideas as to what i done wrong?

hi all

see pic please.

You done nothing wrong Ron.

It's down to the direction the model faces in the 3D program it was made in. Sadly in Trainz, despite many requests from me and others, the roll function only operates in one plane and it's up to the creator to choose which one.

I made those cows and I chose the head-to-tail roll, my logic being that real cows cannot tip sideways much without falling over and it would look rather unrealistic. I made them so they can at least look like they are walking down- or up-hill, but even this only looks reasonable on shallow slopes.

Last edited:
hi all

see pic please.

Hi Misterchugg,

if you want an object to tilt on its side, Hold Shift and use the gadget you would normally use for rotating objects. Please note though that not all content creators have allowed there content to tilt. Items such as roadsigns, crossing signs and certain items such as cows can tilt.

-Cheers

Thats not the problem he's having, its that it doesn't tilt the way he needs. The cows tilt from end to end rather than from side to side...

Stevo

Near Avoca. 7:40AM. The pond may predate the railway, created by a farmer for water storage. It is on a normally-dry watercourse that runs down to the South Esk river seen in the distance. The position of the pond immediately upstream from the railway bridge over the watercourse suggests a different heritage. The railway forms a barrier to runoff in wet times. The runoff runs down to the watercourse to pass under the railway. To prevent a sudden rush under the bridge in a deluge, the pond could act as a retainer that will slowly release the water after the deluge, and thereby prevent undermining of the bridge supports. So there is a possibility that the pond was constructed by the railway.

Avoca - St Pauls River bridge. 7:43AM. The railway crosses the St Pauls River very close to its junction with the South Esk River. The junction can be seen downstream from the bridge. The timber trestle bridge shown here in 1952 was replaced by steel girders on concrete piers in 1959/60. “…in the great flood of 4 and 5 April 1929 the river rose 56 feet (17m) above its summer level and destroyed track and buildings. It also shifted the St Pauls bridge off its foundations, closing the line for two weeks.” (“Tasmania’s Fingal Line”, Jim Stokes, Australian Railway History, Jan 2010, p.24)

Avoca - Merrywood coal washery. 7:43AM. Two coal loaders were served by rail at Avoca, and featured train 145 provides the empty wagons to maintain this service to both loaders. At the east end of the yard, tip trucks from Stanhope colliery tipped coal directly into wagons waiting under an elevated platform. Shown here at the west end of the yard is the coal-washing plant that processes coal delivered by truck from the Merrywood colliery. Washed coal was then loaded from a stockpile to rail wagons. The arrival of train 145 marks the beginning of a busy period for the Avoca safeworking officer, who must marshal the shunting that will place the empty wagons at both loaders and assemble the wagons loaded yesterday into the return working, train 148.

Back