Australian screenshots

8ce774fd0bc889ff1c32ce94322219dd.jpg

QR BBL Project - QR Evans Set #26 trial run before the big week at the Ekka

Good Evening all,

It's only three sleeps until the Royal Queensland Show effectively known as the Ekka opens it's gate's to thousands of visitors per day. We travel back in time now to a time that the whole of the QR southside network would have had trains from all directions, running to this one event.

Today, we see the trial run for QR Evans Set #26 ( which was painted green in it's life time for this event ) traverse the Beaudesert Branch before the big weekend. The trial run is hauled by C17 #935 and we watch on as they make there way to Beaudesert.

- Cheers

@Hurleyco, well it has been a long time since I have seen your name on these forums; but welcome back and as you did all those years ago with that C17; you never cease to amaze us with the detail. That is just the bogie, I require under my larger bodied carriages which are in production, is it narrow gauge or 3ft 6inch?

With Regards,

M. Gitsham

@Hurleyco, well it has been a long time since I have seen your name on these forums; but welcome back and as you did all those years ago with that C17; you never cease to amaze us with the detail. That is just the bogie, I require under my larger bodied carriages which are in production, is it narrow gauge or 3ft 6inch?

With Regards,

M. Gitsham

If I do get it in game, it'll be 3' 6" only, and it'll have a few details stripped back...
The only reason I drew it up in the first place was as a prototype and to work out a few machining processes; I want to have a crack at making a set in 5" gauge for the old man.

I had a play around with TS12 these last few days; first time in at least a year or so, making the thought of some content creation an ever multiplying possibility...

Gonna get my hands on 3dsMax tonight, and work out if I'm better off doing textures in it or CAD.

By the way, I still can't see how you guys go about modelling in Gmax, Blender and 3DS... So time consuming!!!
This bogey was about 8 - 10 hours in AutoCAD.

- Nick

QR Ekka Steam train 2014 - Beaudesert Branch

Good Evening All,

Well today was the first day of the Royal Queensland show, effectively known as the Ekka. As part of this event QR Heritage run Steam Train shuttles every day from 11am - 3pm. But today we go back to 1956 when time went so slow. Today we catch the train from Beaudesert and depart at 7am and connect with the Canungra branch and South Coast, before arriving at the Ekka.

Lighting up at Beaudesert - 6:00am

Departing Beaudesert

Waters Creek - 2 miles north of Beaudesert

Crossing the flats at Veresdale

Jimboomba

Waiting at Logan Village for the Canungra Connection

Canungra Connection arrives

Arriving at Bethania

-Cheers

LittleBondi

Not sure if your going for the full historic approach or feel for your work but a couple of things i noticed were wrong with your shots if you are going for the historic feel. The round style speed board is wrong for the steam period, and i am open to correction on this but i think you will find that with the Evans sets they ran BUVs or coaches with guard compartments at each end.

Ghosty

LittleBondi

Not sure if your going for the full historic approach or feel for your work but a couple of things i noticed were wrong with your shots if you are going for the historic feel. The round style speed board is wrong for the steam period, and i am open to correction on this but i think you will find that with the Evans sets they ran BUVs or coaches with guard compartments at each end.

Ghosty

Hey Ghosty,

Yes I am aware that these speed boards aren't historically accurate and there for have been changing them over to mile boards over the past few weeks. I have many screenshots if you wish to see them. Yes I am also aware that the Evans sets had BUV's at each end. Just didn't click with myself to place them on but will make sure I take more care in the future.

I thank you for your advice and please feel free to say more.

-Cheers

QR PB15 502 on Beaudesert Mixed

Good Evening,

With the break of the Ekka trains for an hour, PB15 #502 runs a small mixed along the Beaudesert Branch collecting mail and cream at locations.

QR PB15 #502 at Waterford collecting the milk churns

Crossing a trestle

Passing the Wind mill

Saying G'Day to the gangers at Bethania. These section cars were painted red until 1970 were they were repainted yellow for the diesel era.

297451f1485e09b5435ad378fe0621c9.jpg
[/URL]
ALL NEW TO TRAINZ89'S PB15'S!.

Recently I mentioned to Michael ( trainz89 ) about making a model of the QR Riverboat whistle that was standard for QR from 1911. This model was built using the original C17 plans and will feature on all his steam locomotives as of now.

-Cheers

Morning all

Earlier this week the steam train was brought from Ipswich to town for the Ekka. We see it fairly early in its trip passing the milk factory at Booval
b40dad4cbec62620e4829d2ec4bdf78c.jpg

Later on, the consist is seen crossing the Brisbane River
053c0eaee2bd3bb0e9e3d55b5129c4d1.jpg

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Just a quick screenshot from myself, and all shall be detailed in a further post this evening.
trainz89_20140810_0017_zpsdf43bb05.jpg

Regards,

M. Gitsham

Monday Ekka Special on the Beaudesert Branch

Good Evening,

Today due to a school excursion and the usual Ekka peak, 10 BU carriages were used on the service. This train was accompanied by PB15's #5 & #738.

Crossing Waterford - Tamborine Road

Passing the Station Masters house, Logan Village

Preparing to depart Logan Village

-Cheers

Back