Australian screenshots

First shots of new era trainz ?

Nah, just boring old TS12 aha! Nah i try to push my limits and the limits of this simulator every time i press the start button, hence i try to showcase that in my routes and screenshots! :)

Thankyou all so very much for all the kind complements, i love hearing feedback from the community, for those who dont know what im modeling.. im modeling the Hobart surrounds of my Tassie route!

Right umm some tips ya'll want, well i find a picture, of an area (if its prototypical route, i find a prototypical picture of the area im modeling / if its freelanced i find any picture, dosnt matter what but i make sure its really eye capturing) and i can spend hours searching for the one asset thats in that picture that will set that scene in surveyor.

1. I really focus on a scene to get that perfect capture, (spend the extra 2 hours on that one little area/spot, if need be, if its really going to make that route of yours look that little bit better, its worth it trust me!) ;)
2. Search for them really good assets, i know us Aussies are abit on the lonely side with the amount of great content out there vers the USA stuff but use what you can and work with what we have, even if you have to spend ages to find that one bit!
3. We all know what looks realistic and whats not, for instance we live in a world that is as realistic as it gets so take the time to get it as best you can & research if you want take and get pictures to look at, the number one thing to keep in mind is "practice make perfect".
4. Ive tort my self, to what looks good and what not, my techniques and everything along those lines... you see alot of great shots on the forum with great content that i think i would good and i like and i always shot them a PM, dosnt hert and you dont know until you ask! See it, chase it down. :)
5. practice makes perfect, learn from your mistakes and ask where you can improve!
6. add them extra necessary details! grass, shrubs, junk, clutter, sky,!

Hope that helps you all abit! In short, studdy what your making, look at sources, practice.

I'd be more then happy for anyone to PM me or skype me or whatever if they want some in depth tips or help but that abouve sums up really quite simpley what gose through my head when i model!

I spend alot of time with USA stuff, time to dive into the Aussie side of things once again and stick around her abit more, hehe

Anyways one for tonight!

Cheers Daniel, more soon :p

Last edited:
Although I think modeltrains has just blown my recent route building attempt well and truly out of the water, I have something I think you'll like. :p
Basically, I am currently working on the North Shore section of Sydney's huge tramway network, which closed in 1961. The bit shown in these shots is the section from Balmoral Beach to Athol/Taronga Zoo wharf. This is the only portion of the route that has made it to a reasonable state of completion. The rest is mostly bare baseboards and track. I really must complete it one day. :eek:
Anyway, here are the shots:

f53d45224c8579fde0836586fa063c18.jpg

Arriving at a stop
ce8e5da64da6f7c1d6a9ff831f131bd2.jpg

Navigating the sharp descent towards Balmoral
4c1d532ca64c3825c37161cc091f3155.jpg

Athol Wharf
413c80224722009e4aeb97ff1bdabeeb.jpg

In Athol Park gardens. The south entrance to the zoo can be seen in the background
58d202600b6b07f60d93f063a0523c66.jpg

Arriving at Balmoral
52a75b068f4e66c424bdbeeb7fa438f9.jpg

Taronga Zoo overview
ffadff3dd7dc15011e59489a846eab87.jpg

Whole route overview
dbbde64308c9c38722e009c330e9ff04.jpg

System map (So far)
That's it for now.

Nathanmallard, with Motorman1066's tram track, in most cases, you need to reduce to them to minus .30 metres. Otherwise, all the motorists will sue you for making them go over track that sticks out like an impossible 30 cm high bump!

can anyone tell me where i can get newcastle to sydney route with cowan bank

There is a pretty good DEM on the DLS if you want to start one yourself. Actually it comes in about two parts so you'd probably have to join them together, but that's not hard. Most of the necessary items are readily available.

Railwayz

Was looking through a lot of my old files and came across my first ever Trainz screenshots when I started using the game 7 odd years ago. Thought it was pretty amazing to see the difference in quality from then until now so came up with an idea (if its possible), everyone post the oldest screenshot of theirs they can find and then a most recent shot to see the difference. Here's my effort:
1bd23a206057ee3f18a82ad845fd669c.jpg

606a9e1abc275d96fe1bcd10c5a435f8.jpg

@Rastis - What is the fence called that you are using in your screenshots. Also, how did you make the crossing sign stand on an angle? I know you can do it but just don't know how. -CheersP.S. @Rbar_164, Late last year I finally got a spell checker so there wont be any spelling mistakes now.

@Rastis - What is the fence called that you are using in your screenshots. Also, how did you make the crossing sign stand on an angle? I know you can do it but just don't know how.

G'day!

The fence is called 'WS Barbed Wire Fence 5 Strand' and is available over at Davido's Worrybrook Station site.

The crossing sign is a cloned asset of Natvander's original 'Roadsign Unprotected Crossing'. I added a line to the config file but I cannot remember exactly which line it was.

Cheers!

Jake.

Back