Australian screenshots

I'm not conversant with the area which is why I asked the question. If you don't know something, you ask questions. (x_x)
Glen

Thats all right, we all dont know everything and you have the right to ask. The only reason I know is from viewing youtube clips, other wise I wouldnt have known myself.

Not much call for passenger service here....
From the same W.I.P.

PG
4ar2.jpg

PS. Regarding the "where is " thread....
Anyone want to have a stab at the location of my earlier screenshot , shouldnt be too difficult seeing as I gave away the key information?

PG

Last edited:
PGibbons, I'm not sure if the Russian track that Patchy uses suits TS2010 or not, (I'll check shortly), but have you thought of using that track, although it's very slightly over gauge, or using some of the SAM track which is suited to TS2010, and is the correct gauge, instead of using default track?.
It will improve the look of your routes.

PS. Regarding the "where is " thread....
Anyone want to have a stab at the location of my earlier screenshot , shouldn't be too difficult seeing as I gave away the key information?

PG: I think we need a "Where is it to find your previous screenshot" thread, but I'll find it later. :hehe:

PS-2: That platform is meant to be Gulgong???

PGibbons earlier screenshot is where a country Xplorer should run daily between Newcastle & Dubbo via Ulan!, It's just to the west-ish of Denman.

I think the official now "locality" name is different, but it's near the main town of Denman. (Sort of an outer, outer, outer "suburb" of Denman, if you would call Kerrabee that!)

Last edited:
Hope everyone had a great Christmas, New Year and Australia Day.

October, 1950.

3830 in her late black livery. Putting on a show, blasting out of Marrangaroo Tunnel, heading west. Working the morning Central West Express to Dubbo.
[h=3][/h]

-Eno Silvie

AT: Patchy, Little Bondi & NSWGR_5910

October, 1950.

October 1950 in NSW with concrete track & modern signals???

("Modern" signals in 1950 would not have looked like that - and OUUUCH, that green light is so big. Non-semaphore signals would in most cases, would have looked like the signals related to the track object of Signal 2 L001)

Patchy & Little Bondi, I may have information you need. I will need to access a backup storage first.

Last edited:
The #1 bridge over the Goulburn River just near Kerrabee on the Sandy Hollow to Mary Vale line. The section from Ulan and nearby is used now for hauling coal from the numerous mines in the area down to Newcastle. I revisited the area (in person) in 2012 and was really surprised by the changes all of the mines have caused - like a lunar landscape ! with several more loops running off the main line to service the mines. I hope the Bylong Valley never gets to this stage thanks to ICAC.
Ive decided to complete the section from Sandy Hollow thru' to Gulgong which I had on the back burner since I did the Wollar to Ulan route years ago, adding the section west to Gulgong and back east to Sandy Hollow. Ive even got the DEM and files ready for the remaining part to Mary Vale so who knows maybe one day !!!

Good to see 'funding approved' for Patchy's section to Queanbeyan too.

Also - does a route really exist which includes the Marrangaroo screenshots ??

PG

October 1950 in NSW with concrete track & modern signals???

("Modern" signals in 1950 would not have looked like that - and OUUUCH, that green light is so big. Non-semaphore signals would in most cases, would have looked like the signals related to the track object of Signal 2 L001)

REMOVED

I chose 1950, because thats the only time I knew that 3830 was in black. The layout is just just test track. I used to put, FICTIONAL, on my posts, but no one said anything about them, so I assumed no one cared that it was fictional.

-Eno Silvie

REMOVED
REMOVED

Also - does a route really exist which includes the Marrangaroo screenshots ??

PG

The route is my test track. I assumed that just because its a tunnel, that I could get away with calling it Marrangaroo Tunnel, as thats the area which I grew up. Didn't grow up in steams era, but I remember the SRA candy livery. The test track is just a sort of circular 6 baseboard layout. Similar to Davidos, if you have ever seen his videos. Thats where I got the idea from.

-Eno Silvie

The #1 bridge over the Goulburn River just near Kerrabee on the Sandy Hollow to Mary Vale line.
Do I get a prize for getting it right in post 26,358? :hehe: :hehe:

(By the way, that edit today in post 26358 was only to separate the word Denman that I typed yesterday from sentence behind, as for some reason, they were joined.)

Last edited:
patchy, I love your Cooma-Bombala route. It's pulled me a little bit into NSW, only because I've been through Cooma twice :p

But anyway, a screenshot :D

65570dc0aac50e6c8354c5f06bd29fcd.jpg

6011 hauling a six car train over the second level crossing out of Bombala.

There's a reason I used the 60 class...the grades :p I also had a 422 sitting in Bombala yard for backup

No prize for being correct but you get to go on to the next round.

b4in.jpg

This one shouldnt be too hard considering the object in the background....

0yix.jpg

From a city based layout - still under construction.

PG.

Running a 60 class to Cooma is pluaseable = iirc the axel loading of the 60 was within what was allowed on the NSW branch lines.

A 60 class was tested on the Cowra cross country lines but due to fears that if the train stalled in Carcoar Tunnel with the locmotive inside the crew would have been trapped in the cab due to the tight clerances thety were never used in regular service.

A 60 class did do the odd tour in the Cowra area after the end of regular service.
patchy, I love your Cooma-Bombala route. It's pulled me a little bit into NSW, only because I've been through Cooma twice :p

But anyway, a screenshot :D

6011 hauling a six car train over the second level crossing out of Bombala.

There's a reason I used the 60 class...the grades :p I also had a 422 sitting in Bombala yard for backup

I call "First shot of 60 class on Cooma-Bombala route" before anyone else posts screens of it :p

ea2f7543e448b1284a69bb887483f0d6.jpg

4499 and 4473 on a Cooma pickup goods. Due to faults in the No. 1 end, both locomotives had to lead using the No. 2 end. After reaching Cooma, the two 44s would run off to Broadmeadow for inspection

(I have no clue about New South Wales and where the closest locomotive depot was to Cooma, and Broadmeadow is familiar-ish to me :p )

That will be one of the many (most possibly) heading for the new extension being built towards Queanbeyan. Patchy will be pleased to know supplies are on the way.:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
Regards
Glen

Im pleased to see it too! I love SSR and quality modern Content I can use. Though that B looks a little bare on the side of the noses

Back