Australian screenshots

yes
i ask this question as bergs sold a 3616 in green with a standard - chimney and a green frame - black red lined cylinders but research can not at this stage back up this version
$(KGrHqNHJF!E91+6nU8hBPfRzuyJwQ~~60_12.JPG

Modified with the Giesel Oblong Ejector.
http://teenagerailfan.blogspot.com.au/2010/08/fw-monday-morning-photo-tuesday.html
The bottom photo of 3616, under the photo of a P class.

-Eno Silvie

is there further information on this build? I see a different shaped funnel and some sort of valve arrangement on top of the smoke box made up of 5 - 6 valves of some type What else is there about this loco that is different?

cheers
Pete

is there further information on this build? I see a different shaped funnel and some sort of valve arrangement on top of the smoke box made up of 5 - 6 valves of some type What else is there about this loco that is different?

cheers
Pete
I can't recall completely what is changed that would be visible on a trainz model, but I know that there are 7 individual blast pipes I think in the smokebox instead of a conventional single blast, researching european locos might give a few more clues as it was a European practice. The reasoning for the somewhat triangle-shaped funnel is because of the 7 individual blast pipes and then I think she also would have sounded a little different but that doesn't really matter. Mainly the looks.
A NSWRTM member explains the principal of the GOI better in this film titled Pigs and Pacifics which goes into detail about the pigs and 38s. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArpzOqCArDw
Not quite sure where abouts in the film the section is on the GOI.

-Eno Silvie

Yep, I knew I had it somewhere, its a photo I saved when I was just looking through google of photos of 36s. It shows 3616, modified with her GOI, in a green livery, though, I'm sure she would have been painted in green when she was normal. It seems to be that workshop workman just sat around thinking, how many different combinations of 36s can we have.

-Eno Silvie

I think your right on this one - does not help that each depot had a different way they likes to paint there locos
Such example is all the locos with clyde mini numbers I think they were, basically the locos with the whole number between a buffer and the coupling, or the other number style with the class number on one side of the buffer beam and the loco number on the opposite side.

-Eno Silvie

The Victorian Railways was the same with the 2 tone green, they made 5 different lining patterns between 1870 to 1890, lol

S301_20130920_0005.jpg

DD 584 waits for the brakes to release on a dreary day at Lilydale.

S301_20130920_0008.jpg

The DD works hard as it struggles to haul the heavy goods up Cave Hill.

S301_20130920_0011.jpg

Having passed through Mooroolbark, the DD steams up the grade before passing under Dorset Road.

Zec

Totally off topic here guys, but I have a question.

Is anyone currently in the process of creating a Marshall/Geelong to Sthn Cross station?

662252284cd66166590a9da5ed972e42.jpg

Woot. Fun to drive over :D

EDIT: Indeed I am, however don't expect it completed for eons. I also have the stony point line on the same route plus the rest of it up to Warrnambool. What you see here is the Flinders Street Viaduct after a Metro X'Trapolis has just departed Southern Cross. I'm building it to the 2008 era, And I know of someone who's building all 4 EMU's used in Melbourne and the Sprinters and V'Locity's.

Jamie

Last edited:
Jamie,

Great work as usual. Sorry if I'm exercising your tag here :hehe: but I have to ask....the red, blue and grey splotches? Just curious.
The driver in the cab shot must really be scratching his head! lol

Dan.

The route I'm building on is a DEM Map. Digital elevations model which makes realistic terrain for you in trainz. Very handy. The cyan colour is track, the red is road and the dark blue is water. In this case I've replaced some of the red texture which represents roads, with an actual road texture, just for me to signify the Central Business District of Melbourne, if I forgot it, which would be a little silly.

Dan, do you have skype?

Jamie

nrpc.jpg

Well here they all are - every version possible of the NSWGR C36 / Pigs /CR C class

Now please note getting all these on two the DLS will take some time - added to this had the hard drive on the laptop I was using for this project drop dead while it was doing a file backup on Friday night so this had required some down time and file recover.

Once again big thank you to Peter AD602000

Yep, I knew I had it somewhere, its a photo I saved when I was just looking through google of photos of 36s. It shows 3616, modified with her GOI, in a green livery, though, I'm sure she would have been painted in green when she was normal. It seems to be that workshop workman just sat around thinking, how many different combinations of 36s can we have.

-Eno Silvie

As far as I recall no belpaire boilered pig was ever painted green in NSWGR service - all were in the standard black with red lining. 3616 was painted green in the early 70's by the NSWRTM for its final year or two of restricted traffic service ( the most recent contemporary shot I have of her in steam , taken on the 12 dec 1970 she was still black) , and of course 3642 was also painted green when overhauled and returned to service in the 1980's

*Edit - have just gone thru some more pics: a trip to enfield in jan 1972 shows 3616 was green by then, so she was repainted sometime during 1971

Last edited:
Hi, I need a couple of people to test one of the new G Classes (the PN version in my sig pic below) I just finished with 4 LODs, new bogies (already on the DLS), reworked scripting for TS12 only. All other dependencies you will already have if running any of my other created locomotives or these are also on the DLS). Preferably also someone with all TS12 SP1 HFixes 3 installed as well. Any takers?

I am still looking with permission of course, to use engine and horn sounds for the G Classes, at the moment they have the ones installed I always use. Can anyone point me in the right direction for these?

My email address is in my profile. If you are selected for testing, you are welcome to post any screenshots (good ones only, I know, all of you ONLY take good screenshots) :hehe: you might take.

Thank you in advance.

*Edit: Sorry guys 'n girls, I have enough testers for the G Class and no more are needed. Thank you for replying.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Last edited:
Back