Australian screenshots

Coming soon ( no idea when )

vqmx.jpg

jez0.jpg

Both are in the early stages

Wow, had no idea you where working on a Waratah already!!
Looks good mate, great job so far! :)

Shheeee its a bit of a secret and have been keeping it under wraps so do not tell anybody :p:hehe:
Still needs lots of work but the basics are done -

No idea on when it will be finished - having a bad week so far think the HDD on my laptop is on its last legs = heater in the van died on the weekend so drove the ute to work, windscreen on the ute took out a rock this morning and smashed it, needs to be replaced and cannot get it done for a week.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the route is something you're working on CityrailTrainspotter, it looks like its coming along nicely. I hazard a guess it will be a Cityrail themed freelanced route.

Just some progress screens of the G Class I am presently working on (click the pics please):

As long as you overlook the DL Class numbers references (place holders only for the real G Class numbers) and the not yet finished rear cab, yeah, there are still lots of features to make/implement but I am getting there (slowly). As the G Class in real life had at least 4 different variants/versions build, the above version will be made for all paint schemes I will be creating. Otherwise I will end up creating some 20 or more different G Classes and I guess, this might be a trifle too many different locomotives to create, even for me :p.

Unless for the VLine version, I MIGHT be persuaded to create ONE ONLY V Line version extra, different to above, which could be the first G Class version build by Clyde with quite a few differences to above.

Purists/rivet counters/nit pickers among you will note, the PN version above also has the yellow paint on the cab extended past the doors on some of the PN version pictures I have, plus a single marker light only on the front for the yellow/red marker lights, I might implement this too into the final PN version.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Your G is looking good so far with just a few minor detail points that the boggie steps are in the wrong postition and also the PN paint scheme has a yellow hand rail across the front of the loco, and also do not forget about the ditch lights and the MU resepticlal cable. Its turning out to be a good looking loco. The G class is one of my favorite engines and to date your version is looking spot on, it would'nt take to much to turn this into a BL class as well.It's shame that TS-2009 People will probebly miss out again anyway many thank's for your effort.

G,class.

:DYour G is looking good so far with just a few minor detail points that the boggie steps are in the wrong postition and also the PN paint scheme has a yellow hand rail across the front of the loco, and also do not forget about the ditch lights and the MU resepticlal cable. Its turning out to be a good looking loco. The G class is one of my favorite engines and to date your version is looking spot on, it would'nt take to much to turn this into a BL class as well.It's shame that TS-2009 People will probebly miss out again anyway many thank's for your effort.

Well, this is WORK IN PROGRESS, hence some details are not quite right yet. The bogies are "borrowed" from the DL Class, very similar bogies but, as you point out, the steps are not in the correct/right position. Obviously, they would not be, as a DL Class is not a G Class. I haven't started the G/BL Class bogies yet, hence..... I only have 24 hours available in a day to create, if I could extend these hours per day to more than 24 hours, I would have finished all G Classes the day before yesterday :p.

Any of the PN painted G Class photos I have seen have white front hand rails and that is the colour they will be in the final group/version 4 of the PN G Class. Regardless.

I think I will stop showing off progress screens for now, as I get much too much erroneous information. I have ALL research material I will ever need to create these G/BL Classes (thank you to those who send me some, mussels412, Rod, Jamie and others). Very much appreciated :wave:.

I probably have a very bad day today, sorry.

VinnyBarb

Just a few from me this afternoon. Great shots everybody by the way. NSWGR_46Class, that Waratah looks beautiful, great work :)

I'm more of a fan of NSW locos, rollingstock, lines etc. but I am a fan of locos from other states and countries, the subject of these shots from me are of my favourite loco in Victoria, the J class.

Shots: (Warning: Fictional Story type thing)
During the final days of steam, the Js were more seen on the small country and branchlines of Victoria working goods trains and the odd passenger here and there.

1:
J515 can be seen halting at a signal just outside of Yarra due to a F class shunter blocking the line.

2:
Because steam was getting more and more rare towards the end, locals would come from there houses to see a steam loco pass, but on this occasion, the local farmers got a special treat when J515 had to be stopped by a signal. Not such a treat for the drivers.

3:
Enthusiasts and ex railway men tried to get aboard the cab of a steam loco near the end to capture the final workings of them. This occasion, a enthusiast on the footplate of J515
88914ab5bdc87cd5a5cd2994a02aab70.png
[/url]

4:
Further towards Yarra, the F class can be seen here, with J515 seen in the distance. Taken by a worker at Yarra Yard.

-Eno

Hi Everyone,

Some nice content of late and also on the way by the looks of things! :D

VinnyBarb - Excellent work on the DL classes, definitely being put to good use on my layout. And now we have G/BL classes to look forward to now, we trainzers are certainly spoilt!

NSWGR_46class - Looking forward to the Waratahs, another much welcome addition to Cityrail/Sydney Trains fleet!

Anyway heres a couple of shots from me, including a new small piece of content that most NSW train buffs who have seen trains on the Main South will recognise ;).

cllz.jpg

and a closer shot...

8z43.jpg

Keep up the great work everyone!

Cheers,

Matt

Great work Matt, Good to see your still creating and showing your content mate. Cool pic too Jake and Eno keep em comming folks.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

Just some progress screens of the G Class I am presently working on (click the pics please):

Unless for the VLine version, I MIGHT be persuaded to create ONE ONLY V Line version extra, different to above, which could be the first G Class version build by Clyde with quite a few differences to above.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Hey Vinnie
Nice!! .. really Nice :)
My request for a second version, would of course be the first version G (G1) which is cheeky because it would lead you into a second extra engine, a perfect BL :D
Cheers
Rod

Thank you for the nice comments about my WiP G Class screenshots and also of my recent created DL Class. This is what a content creator needs, to get motivated to keep creating. Just a few weeks ago, I was "down in the dumps" when losing my "mojo" for 3D creating. Someone here suggested to me about looking at the G/BL classes to see what can be done to get these into Trainz.

Well, I looked at the DL Class I created, thinking if I cut off its nose, reshape the cab and its side windows, lift the cab doors higher, lift and modify the roof, modify the bogies slightly etc., hey presto, a neat looking G Class could be made out of the existing DL Class mesh. I did some preliminary cutting, shifting and adding of panels, vertices, polygons, then imported and modified the SCT Class front skirt and bumper and what you see in the screenshots above of the G Class is what came out of it so far.

On a different subject, the TS12 DL Classes created by me will be shortly modified to also load into TS09 and TS10 with a different script (slightly different codes between TS09/10 and TS12) and should be getting uploaded to the DLS possibly by the weekend, if not then, soon after.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Hey all,

Several years ago I built the P Class locomotives in Gmax for TRS2006, was my first model, at the time I thought I had built it right because everyone else's content was done the same way *block texturing* , with the Help of Victrainz over the years and since I moved from Gmax to 3ds max I started to build a whole new mesh of the P Class with better details and less polys and will be done with the correct single or two map texturing, this is a new build from scratch I started about 2011 and here's the progress as it takes shape, I only worked on it a few hours a month so that's why it's taken ages.... I sorta moved into the 1880s era and stalled with modern day stuff, lol

pclass13_zpsda699bc2.png

So far without the bogeys it's 9k polys with no faces deleted yet, the TRS2006 versions where about 21k polys, so it's an improvement that I'm happy with :) .

Cheers.

That G is looking great could the DL also be made into to a EL - Cross between and AN and DL may be - there is not one of them in trainz yet :)

http://www.auscisionmodels.com.au/EL Page.htm

Thank you for the nice comments about my WiP G Class screenshots and also of my recent created DL Class. This is what a content creator needs, to get motivated to keep creating. Just a few weeks ago, I was "down in the dumps" when losing my "mojo" for 3D creating. Someone here suggested to me about looking at the G/BL classes to see what can be done to get these into Trainz.

Well, I looked at the DL Class I created, thinking if I cut off its nose, reshape the cab and its side windows, lift the cab doors higher, lift and modify the roof, modify the bogies slightly etc., hey presto, a neat looking G Class could be made out of the existing DL Class mesh. I did some preliminary cutting, shifting and adding of panels, vertices, polygons, then imported and modified the SCT Class front skirt and bumper and what you see in the screenshots above of the G Class is what came out of it so far.

On a different subject, the TS12 DL Classes created by me will be shortly modified to also load into TS09 and TS10 with a different script (slightly different codes between TS09/10 and TS12) and should be getting uploaded to the DLS possibly by the weekend, if not then, soon after.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Last edited:
Hello Vinnie
Lots of us DO sit back and let you go unheeded until it reaches the DLS and only comment if they see something obviously wrong. We "sort of" think the number of downloads indicated by the DLS is rewarding the builder, and forget that the personal touch of a reply here or via PM, has far more meaning to our 3D renderers.
But anyway, You and Davido and Natvander and Ad60200 and S301 and the many outhers I have neglected here should pat yourselves on the back.
Without all the hundreds of creators here Trainz as a game would have been dumped by all years ago :D

If you are doing an upgrade to the DL can I suggest that it needs a new Lesley whistle? The default Auran one is a long way off :)
Aaron can you pm Vinnie the C Class cab (for the G), 710 engine and correct whistle please? I still have not got my computer back on line :(
That way they (mods) will go into multi player.
Cheers
Rod

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Back