Australian screenshots

Hi all,

I can't rememeber who it was but last week sometime someone mentioned they had 'missed out' on buying Davido's V sets. That person may be pleased to hear he has put them back on his site, it was updated on the 29/3/13.

I think that was me, thanks for the heads up. Just downloaded the V sets then. Fantastic detail, Very happy with them :cool:

Some nice work shown of late; mfwfire, I like your rework of Wadalbavale. Good luck stringing the wires; still drives me nuts, even on the straights.

Matt.

Thanks mate, it is a lot of patience to get the overhead wires right. I'm finding the yards are the hardest to add wires to.

Here's just a sample of whats to come to Karrah bay.

Karrah Bay - stadium to the left, Cold storage sidings to the right.
2hrnb7k.jpg

Last edited:
mfwfire,

Glad you were able to get the pack, they truely are a fantastic model and no current day NSW route should be without them! :)
(Absolute bargin at the price they are)

The wires are indeed hard to put up but after practice and detirmination (in my case) they aren't too bad. They look the part once they are up. Keep up the great work, your shots look great!

So, trainz89, how's your Queensland Heritage Railways coming along?

http://www.gympietimes.com.au/news/train-robbery-mis-carriage-mary-valley-railway/1815011/

TWO teenagers who allegedly hatched a plan to take a diesel locomotive for a joyride yesterday came undone when they tried to hook up a carriage and crashed.

The locomotive, owned by Mary Valley Heritage Railway, was driven just a couple of metres out of the workshop compound, allegedly by a 17-year-old Brisbane boy and a local acquaintance.

It is believed they convinced MVHR workshop volunteers into believing the Brisbane boy was in charge of an organisation called Queensland Heritage Railways that had taken over operations.

Police charged the teens with fraud and the 17-year-old will face other charges.

Detectives investigating the shortest train robbery of all time were trying to work out how two teenagers nearly got away with stealing a diesel locomotive from Mary Valley Heritage Railway yesterday.

Police said the two young men went to the railway's workshop and helped convince volunteers they were involved with a new heritage rail company called Queensland Heritage Rail that had purchased MVHR recently.

The 17-year-old allegedly claimed to be the company's director and filled volunteers' heads with promises of saving MVHR.

First thing he wanted to do was take a locomotive for a test run along the Mary Valley railway line to Kandanga to inspect the damaged railway bridge.

MVHR president Tony Hallam said a locomotive, which was parked in the workshop compound facing north, was started up and driven a couple of metres before it was stopped.

Police said the locomotive was moved along to change tracks in an effort to try to hook up a carriage.

It was believed the locomotive reversed too quickly and crashed into the carriage, causing minor damage.

Detectives think it was at this point that the teenagers' crazy plan was foiled.

Investigating officers said the two young men spoke to volunteers in great detail about Queensland Heritage Rail's plans for MVHR - to make it viable by injecting plenty of money into the struggling operation.

Both teenagers were charged with fraud and the 17-year-old Brisbane man will face additional charges of unlawful use of a motor vehicle and unlicensed driving.

They will both front Gympie court in the next month.

Mr Hallam said The Rail Safety Regulator will also be investigating the incident and the workshop compound would remain locked up until investigations were concluded

Sounds like something that happened at the Puffing Billy Railway in 1974. Apparently someone stole 14A from the loco shed at Belgrave and got it all the way up to Selby before the police stopped him... :p

Cheers
Stevo

Certainly is a hairbrained scheme. Have been a few wacky posts to this forum over time but not sure........ Is no wonder they come unstuck though. Was DH they tried to commandeer. Tricky to drive at the best of times. One down in Mayne at one time had to put to full throttle to get it moving, then the instant it did, had to back it off so thing didn't take off at speed down yard. Made for tricky close shunts.
Glen

Back