Australian screenshots

Yes I have thought it might be to do with this, however I am not sure how to check for that.... It has happened where I have saved my route to CDP then import it.... or where the comp crashed and re-installed everything from a back up. and just to be clear it's not missing assest that need to be downloaded again.

Just been testing a lil surprise with quite a smooth impression to soon be released; Courtesy of Greg Cash.

1880's QR Baldwin A12 4-4-0 in it's original Queensland color scheme.
Route: Kent's BVL.

Even though this one is in Auran SG. I'm uncertain at this point, but there may likely be one in NG 3ft6in.

Thank you Greg for this beaut little gem.

Marty

Hello everyone.

Well, with a big help from Patchy, i have finally started the Marburg Branch. Patchy has done a great job with the map, thanks to him this has worked and its just like the real thing. Thanks Patchy :)

So far i have layed most of the track, and now i am onto adjusting it to the right height, laying bridges and identifying where the stations are and the various turnouts for the colleries, ect.

Here is my progress thus far on Cabanda, the second station on the branch.

Please let me know any tips you have for scenery, track laying, track alignment, or anything else as it would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Pat

Just one tip
If you are modeling the period when the line ran to Marburg,The line would have been well mantained, So with the weeds, Get a bit of round up and kill them
Keep up the good work

Cheers,
Patchy

Just one tip
If you are modeling the period when the line ran to Marburg,The line would have been well mantained, So with the weeds, Get a bit of round up and kill them
Keep up the good work

Cheers,
Patchy

Yep, looked through Greg Cash's book and the line is well maintained, weeds and grass grow along the rail corridor but the sleepers and the ballast can be seen so yes your correct, thats the period i will be modelling (most interesting) and the line is clear. Thanks Patchy ;)

More pics soon!

Cheers,
Pat

That 4-4-0 looks fantastic! The Baldwin Green definitely suits it!

A quick thought though, but I think that the top of the front footplate should be black (this is what most coloured drawings/images of Baldwin locos seem to be).

I'll definitely have to grab a SG one though! :)

Zec

man there is so so much stuff I just wont.. on my system right now... the content is looking great guys keep up the good work... to Ghostryder mate if you are reading this or someone that know how to contact you .. you need to empty your mail box mate I cant' reply the email you sent...

all I gotta do is get my download station working..

hi all

there is absolutely no difference with compatibility mode on in 2010EE
the dark green spots should all have at least 1 tree

thanks
ron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ron,
Time to the get moths out of wallet:eek:
N3v Games are having 26% for Australia Day, you can get 012 for 30 clams
Much more stable game seing you got new hardware
I agree it is a layer problem
Do not worry older stuff is easerly transfered to a newer version

Cheers,
Patchy

misterchugg its your GFX card, i have the same issues with some things, like trains disappearing when i zoom out to much or move away from them.

That 4-4-0 looks fantastic! The Baldwin Green definitely suits it!

A quick thought though, but I think that the top of the front footplate should be black (this is what most coloured drawings/images of Baldwin locos seem to be).

I'll definitely have to grab a SG one though! :)

Zec

Good thought Zec, I too would have thought the same if I hadn't come across this site from where I got the initial drawings from, you'll notice other
reconstructed drawings of Baldwin loco's that were also used down under.

Cheers,
Marty

Hi Marty
Unfortunately, they don't show the top of the footplate. Generally this would be black, since this is easier to maintain (tough up), especially under the smokebox :) The sides/ends of the footplate would be painted green based on the drawings on that side :)

Zec

Thanks Zec, I now understand from your point of view looking down, i'll pass this info on to Greg for him to iron out and see what he comes up with.

Marty

Last edited:
My first post here. I hope to expand on this route in the coming days. :wave:

81072f19caef9f13054cf6d51aa02b4d.jpg

4319eba6a36afb09be4811289a19042a.jpg

Captainkman
I beg to disagree, with your comments on the DD-17. I have both versions of the model. I have seen the real things and I have seen coloured images of the units in service in Qld in the 1960s and the way boobless ed has them is exactly as they looked.

Ghosty

all layers are open, visible and unlocked

hi mates

all layers are open, visible and unlocked, as you can see from the pic

the new graphics card in the new system is a
grforce GT 620
1gb ddr3
directx 11

why would it cause a problem.
most of my gaming mates that i play COD2 with have this 1 and it seemed to perform flawlessly.
thats why my wife went for it when she bought me the system

thanks
ron

Captainkman
I beg to disagree, with your comments on the DD-17. I have both versions of the model. I have seen the real things and I have seen coloured images of the units in service in Qld in the 1960s and the way boobless ed has them is exactly as they looked.

Ghosty
Maybe I just need a closeup of the Trainz one then. It looks quite unrealistic to me. Too dark.

Back